User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerome Boateng

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerome Boateng

I looked for an existing thread on him but haven't found one. He's become an absolute rock for Bayern. I hate to say it, but he definitely deserves the starting RCB spot for Germany over Hummels. Rarely makes mistakes anymore, great tackling ability, pace, and awesome direct passes from the back with deep penetration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first saw him play for Hamburg I thought he would become like one of the best CB/FB in the world, he still has a bit of concentration issue but he has all the attributes you want of a defender, strong, good in the air, quick, makes hard clean tackles and also is pacier than most centre backs and has decent amount of teckers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im really surprised about his development, a few seasons ago he looked very shaky and was a liability at CB. Now he's a beast! He can play fullback too, he's got the pace and decent crossing.
    Member of 1. FSV Mainz 05.
    Supporter of FC Barcelona and Hertha BSC Berlin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the true is that he's very consistent and concentrated this season, two of the main issues he had. Now he improved significally. He needs to maintain that consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on form he may just be the best CB in the world. Mouth watering stuff from him. Those fast passes too. Would be a great fit at Barcelona.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in my opinion he is better than thiago silva, he like a train which just runs over attackers without looking at them

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just posting this to show all defenders make mistakes. If Piqué did this he'd massacred on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakira would probably get massacred on here too. People bizarrely take shots at her every time Piqué has a below average game

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so would Rosell for not buying a new CB.
    exactly what we Flamineeded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes but boateng is ten times the cb pique will ever be

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kollegah View Post
    No hes not, I doubt he will achieve a fraction of what Pique has by the time he retires.

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kollegah View Post
    This. If you guys actually could use your eyes, you would notice how shit Pique really is, but instead you come here with your statistics every time someone is rightfully criticising the liability. If we were to always look at the statistics, Ronaldo would be a better player than Messi, which we all know he isn't.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    This. If you guys actually could use your eyes, you would notice how shit Pique really is, but instead you come here with your statistics every time someone is rightfully criticising the liability. If we were to always look at the statistics, Ronaldo would be a better player than Messi, which we all know he isn't.
    What statistics?

Career wise Pique has been at a higher level than Boateng easily, a dip in form the past couple of seasons doesnt change that.

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we were to always look at the statistics, Ronaldo would be a better player than Messi, which we all know he isn't.
    What are you talking about? Messi has more goals, assists, goals per game, better passing accuracy, better spg, better free kick accuracy... What stat is Ronaldo better at?

And I'm sorry, but if someone says that a defender isn't good at tackling and says another defender is, then bringing up the tackling stats of those two defenders and noticing they're about the same is a perfectly valid argument. And Boateng offers nothing over Pique, he makes more mistakes and costs Bayern more goals than Pique costs us (Pique has cost us 1 or 2 goals at most this season), and Boateng plays for a team that has more on-form defense.
    exactly what we Flamineeded

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    What statistics?

Career wise Pique has been at a higher level than Boateng easily, a dip in form the past couple of seasons doesnt change that.
    Yeah, he has been at a higher level, but he clearly isn't at that high level anymore, which is what I was talking about. I'm fully aware of how good Pique has been in the past and I still love the guy. When, if, he finally plays his first good match in ages I will be the first one to congratulate him.