Neymar Jr. - v5

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
For some reasons since yesterday all the barça stuff in my facebook feed are posting MSN stats, overall 2016, since Suarez joined..

No matter how you look at it, Neymar has half the stats, so even if we only look at cold stats, he's waaaaaaaay behind.

So there you have it, cold stats fanatics, to those who don't watch the games and only see 2 goals and 15 assists against Gijon then come claim he's the second coming of the christ...

Our best player my ass :facepalm:

Funny noone mentioned this (all over the European press btw.):

This summer, the Brazil international's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, claimed the French champions had offered his client €40m per year after tax and that a private jet and a chain of hotels bearing his name would be thrown into the deal.

However, L'Equipe say this information was wide of the mark. Instead, PSG were reportedly ready to activate Neymar's former minimum fee release clause of €192m but decided not to after the player's father got involved in negotiations and demanded the Ligue 1 giants pay the full €45m he owes Brazilian authorities.

Fears of falling foul of UEFA's financial fair play (FFP) rules contributed towards PSG deciding against the move. But the Qatari-owned European financial heavyweights were reported to be prepared to offer Neymar a yearly salary of €15m and a long-term deal.

The players' father also wanted a yearly wage of €25m, nearly €10m more than PSG were prepared to table.

Why go freeze in Paris when he can have the beaches of Barcelona and an assigned bitch >>> :bartomeu:

Last edited:

Total-Football

except that none of this shit is facts ( benitez voice ) / this is similar to michael Jackson in the 90's when he was the press favorite tool .. at one point they said michael and janet Jackson are actually the same person and people bought it .. Neymar is similar case , Reports coming right and left , people taking it as facts.
fact is : he renewed with us , playing good and showing heart on the pitch .

Vlom

Playing "good", we're down from outstanding and best player of the year ?

Don't let logic or arguments put you down, stand strong, he's OUTSTANDING and will definitely win the Balon d'Or for amount of heart shown this year :wub:

Glorious.

Total-Football

[MENTION=19697]Vlom[/MENTION] nah never said that .. but i always say he's the second best after Messi .. and i always say if u judge a player by messi standards you're a fool by default .. because no player is worthy.

so much of his virtues are overlooked by some i dont understand why .. the right back of opponents rarely attack and there is a reason to it .. the guy just drive them to exhaustion ( Rio ferdinand said that just last weak , says that seing Neymar from the stadium gave him a whole new perspective about his off the ball work ) . secondly , his constant demand the ball when the team looks stagnant, the fact that he leads most of our counter attacks .. those are important détails , let alone the goals and assists .. those are much more significant than occasional failed passes.

Vlom

OFpQXKn.jpg

2nd best, obviously !

He's trailing the other 2 so hard it's embarassing.

But hey, let me save you the trouble, "he's a left wing" "he's more of a creator in lucho's system" "he defends" .. :coffee:

Could you guess how many goals CR7 would score with Messi to service him day in and day out ? :)

Total-Football

well .. take this L from me will ya .. those numbers you just gave says that Ronaldo and messi are actually close ( while actually the gap is larger than life )

those same numbers put Lampard above Xavi - iniesta - pirlo ..

i put on some arguments saying that some very valuable efforts are not mesurable by numbers and your immediate reply was backed with numbers.

and you blame those Ronaldo fanboys for making a case for Ronaldo vs messi based on numbers smh

Vlom

Ohhhh, what a surpriiiiise, the argument changed now, it's not about the numbers for Neymar, but something "abstract" that 90% of us don't see and only a privileged group of die hard neyfans can see, got it :D

Funny coming from someone obsessed with kilometers stats, but actual goal stats don't matter ;)

Gotcha.

snowy

When I said February, I meant matches against Arsenal.
So, my bad, AFTER the 2nd match against Arsenal (I know that he was good back then).

Try to find a match after Arsenal's.
This was his last good match against a top team for Barca.
After that, his freefall has started.
(Please don't put Copa Del Rey, Copa Catalunya, Copa of my street and similar matches).

La liga and Champions league, please.

ok, let’s see… the first 2 weeks of April were way below par for the whole team. 1 win, 1 draw and 5 losses gulp
Then came the 3 total domination over Deportivo, Sporting & Espanyol leaving, before the intl break, the 2 ok victories over Betis & Granada. He was all right but not a game-changer in these two.
Now, I know you asked for only La Liga and CL but sorry, I can't resist lol: in Brazil’s Gold this year, he was defo instrumental. Granted it was under 21, but his passing and game organization was masterful.
Ditto with the 2014 World Cup. He took Brazil’s shabbiest squad ever to the finals before Zunida went wacko on him. He totally carried the team and, with him absent, the 0 to 8 humiliation against Germany.

ok back on track, for his start of 2016/17, yeah he hasn’t been at his best level ever but dude, it's no way close to a "freefall" lol Overall, his performance's been pretty groovy. 1 man of the match, 1 runner-up, superb energy on the pitch. I’m not complaining 
I’m just glad he hasn’t suffered any serious injuries the way some of the opposition players go after him with hacksaw tackles.
Honestly, I anticipate great stuff from him this season. One of his greatest qualities is that he’s super adaptable. He’s one of those rare players who could play any position, right and left. I’m pretty sure he could even be an awesome defender if needed be.
And yeah you mentioned it, if there was a trophy for flashiness, he’d win it hands down. And thing is, it's not all for show. Dude's seriously competitive. He loves to win and is genuinely happy whenever any of his teammates score. :rockon:

Last edited:

gasgas

What gives me peace is knowing that good amount of the bashing in here is rather personal/subjective/some people with hate upon the player for other reasons and not objective/based on his gameplay

Why?

1. In the treble season neymar was on fire most of the season and still got bashed for scoring all those important goals vs the likes of Atletico, PSG, bayern, juve, bilbao etc

2. Neymar was coming off a scoring streak including a few hattricks and still some guys wanted hm to be benched for pedro and it was not berkeleybernie

When it comes to Neymar, these sides will always be there as sure as Cristiano's next dive

My side is:
1. I have preference for younger players and I am excited and hopeful about the future. My faith has a role too at the
2. I give younger players the benefit of the doubt. They are growing-getting better

3. I am not excited about legends as many other people. The past is past. I respect them for what they did and that's just about it
4. For me if your time is up, give a chance to a younger alternative with more vigor and plenty of room to grow.

That being the case
I will always prefer (if it were up to me to choose who to play)

Umtiti to Masche
Ney to Pedro
Suarez to Paco. (I dont think this kid has potetial at all, so he doesn't excite me)
Marlon to Srna
Lacazette to Nolito
Gomes to Rakitic

Etc.
Etc

CatalinR10

gomes over rakitic ?

gomes is as slow as a snail can be and far away from Rakitic in terms of talent and what he can provide on the field. Might aswell switch deulofeu with messi too cause deulo is younger

gasgas

gomes over rakitic ?

gomes is as slow as a snail can be and far away from Rakitic in terms of talent and what he can provide on the field. Might aswell switch deulofeu with messi too cause deulo is younger
To each one his own

Where was Rakitic at Gomes' age?

You probably didn't even know he existed

Home of Barca Fans