Neymar Jr. - v5

Horatio

You're welcome
Oh come on!
I don't agree with him on fans following Neymar, but clearly Zlatan had his best time as a footballer ever in France

Define 'best'. Easiest times scoring goals because he is in a weaker league? Or his best game of football overall?

mssarm

Do you deny that Barca is built around and plays through Messi? It isn't a problem, but it's not what Neymar wants for his career.

If Neymar was good enough the players would go through him. Messi did not force it. it's open competition for talent. Last season Messi dropped to midfield. Did that help Ney? No , he scored less, which means he depends on Messi as well.

JamDav1982

If Neymar was good enough the players would go through him. Messi did not force it. it's open competition for talent. Last season Messi dropped to midfield. Did that help Ney? No , he scored less, which means he depends on Messi as well.

No one is arguing that Messi is not the best or the player the team should be built around. I doubt even Neymar does.

Jair Ventura

This is not Selecao. On club level you don't have nationality. In Barcelona there should not be Argentina/Brazil rivalry. Many great players being arch-rivals in the national teams played side by side and vice versa. Look at the NT of Spain, RM and Barca players play side by side and won trophies. If for Neymar it's a problem that there are no Brazilians in Barca, it's his problem and doesn't look nice.

I think you misunderstood my post, I was only giving you our impressions. I do not believe Neymar has a rivalry with Messi, but I do think that he believes he has to move away from Messi to become the best player in the world.

Raketa10

So for some of you it's better for Neymar to be in a smaller club organized around him even in a inferior league than to be one of the two best players of giant like Barcelona? Sorry guys but that's just wrong. This is a team sport not fucking tennis.

This sumerizes everything what is wrong with football these days. Was Zidane less recognized for sharing a team with Ronaldo or vice versa? Or Xavi with Iniesta? Of course not. If you are a top class you emphasize that even more by playing in a team full of world class players.

Jair Ventura

So for some of you it's better for Neymar to be in a smaller club organized around him even in a inferior league than to be one of the two best players of giant like Barcelona? Sorry guys but that's just wrong. This is a team sport not fucking tennis.

This sumerizes everything what is wrong with football these days. Was Zidane less recognized for sharing a team with Ronaldo or vice versa? Or Xavi with Iniesta? Of course not. If you are a top class you emphasize that even more by playing in a team full of world class players.

Do you honestly think we're going to stop following Neymar because you think Ligue 1 is inferior and PSG small? Why would it mean anything to us the Neymar plays for Barcelona?

mssarm

I think you misunderstood my post, I was only giving you our impressions. I do not believe Neymar has a rivalry with Messi, but I do think that he believes he has to move away from Messi to become the best player in the world.

i'm struggling to understand that concept: so in order to make yourself the best, you need to move away from your benchmark to a weaker team and so you can shine? I don't think it will work out(maybe for the fans in Brazil).

Raketa10

Do you honestly think we're going to stop following Neymar because you think Ligue 1 is inferior and PSG small? Why would it mean anything to us the Neymar plays for Barcelona?

Who cares about following him? What the hell? This is not facebook or twitter it's football.
And yes he wil be less watched there than in Barcelona but not that I care.

Jair Ventura

i'm struggling to understand that concept: so in order to make yourself the best, you need to move away from your benchmark to a weaker team and so you can shine? I don't think it will work out(maybe for the fans in Brazil).

Barca is built around and plays through Messi. No matter how well Neymar plays Barca will always be recognized as Messi's team, and therefore Messi will always get credit for the clubs success. PSG has committed itself to building around and playing through Neymar, so whatever success the club has will be credited to him.

Devils

It's essentially what Pique said, Neymar has the opportunity to shine by his own at PSG, but all his eggs go into the one basket, winning the CL.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca is built around and plays through Messi. No matter how well Neymar plays Barca will always be recognized as Messi's team, and therefore Messi will always get credit for the clubs success. PSG has committed itself to building around and playing through Neymar, so whatever success the club has will be credited to him.

You don't have a clue how Barca plays. Go back and search for passing lanes statistics last 2 seasons. More balls went through Neymar than Messi.

You probably got yourself confused as when Messi gets the ball he makes things happen/goes for a kill whereas Neymar is monkeying around most of the time.

Home of Barca Fans