Neymar Jr. - v5

Raketa10

This is hugely damaging the club and season preparation. This tour had to be about Barca and now it's about Neymar. Players also can't concentrate 100% since this shitstorm is happening 24/7 for the last 7 days or so.

Trickykid

It seems like they are still negotiating and there's nothing to finalize. I guess Pique's tweet meant that Ney agreed to sit and negotiate with Barca, with understanding that Barca cannot match PSG offer. Nothing surprising,but it's bit funny that some fans in this forum say that they don't care if Neymar stays, yet they get very upset that Beymar hasn't come out and confirm his commitment to Barca.

I'm one of those guys I suppose, as I really don't care as long as it gets resolved asap. Admittedly, I'll be extremely relieved if he ends up staying, as I'm a huge fan of his game (on the pitch at least), but what irks me - and many of the others you speak of, I'd assume - is the fact that this farce has our other transfer dealing and plans in a sort of stasis, as we just don't know where we stand in regards to Nerman and thus the squad.

And yes, that pisses me off a great god damn deal.

mssarm

I'm one of those guys I suppose, as I really don't care as long as it gets resolved asap. Admittedly, I'll be extremely relieved if he ends up staying, as I'm a huge fan of his game (on the pitch at least), but what irks me - and many of the others you speak of, I'd assume - is the fact that this farce has our other transfer dealing and plans in a sort of stasis, as we just don't know where we stand in regards to Nerman and thus the squad.

And yes, that pisses me off a great god damn deal.
He just got an astronomical offer from PSG and he is going to use that to get something for it. How many players get that kind of offer? I want closure on this as much as the next guy but negotiations take time and no one makes public statements while they are negotiating. We just need to wait

Trickykid

He just got an astronomical offer from PSG and he is going to use that to get something for it. How many players get that kind of offer? I want closure on this as much as the next guy but negotiations take time and no one makes public statements while they are negotiating. We just need to wait

Hard choice for him of course, but no matter how hard is it, it still damages our preperations. And truth be told, I'm a bit more preoccupied with our team as a whole than how absurdly many millions in excess Nerman will earn over the course of the next 4-5 years...

Horatio

You're welcome
What is Neymar's current salary? If I remember it's relatively low compared to other high-profile players. Most of what he receives is through performance-based bonuses right?

Garrus

It's clear that the only reason neymar hasn’t already signed for PSG, Is because the legal maze of avoiding breaking the FFP rules are still being worked on by PSG, Or maybe neymar and his father aren’t yet confident enough and haven’t received guarantees that they won’t be punished by UEFA, It’s the only reason this circus hasn’t ended yet.

If it were up to me, I would’ve stop this circus by now, By telling him and PSG that the door is open for him to leave, And no UEFA headache is needed, We’ll willing to sell him for verratii +120m, This way they get what they wanted, And we get verratti, a 120 million euros, And most importantly we get rid of neymar and his toxic and greedy entourage, Which even after we got dragged in courts for years because of him and his father, They’re still finding ways to milk us, They’re not welcome here anymore.

Messi983

What everyone is forgetting here is that for Neymar to potentially finalize his transfer he first has to buyout his contract with Barça. For that to happen he needs to deposit money at LFP which clearly won't happen as long as he and his full entourage are still in the USA. So IF/When there will be rumours about Ney/his father (I think it must be Ney personally based on other players examples that have done the same) going to Madrid with bags full of money PSG can't announce his transfer even if they'd have a total agreement. Which they clearly also don't have at the moment.

So if Ney will decide to stay then this could end up this week, if not, it could drag on until after Barça will come back home from US tour.

BBZ8800

What is Neymar's current salary? If I remember it's relatively low compared to other high-profile players. Most of what he receives is through performance-based bonuses right?

As Bojan said, we shouldn't trust official numbers anymore.
For example, if Neymar's salary is 15M yearly, who cares?
Since he is getting god knows how much under the table, then his dad, then renewal bonuses etc.

This is the same as Neymar's transfer.
Barto will say we paid him 70M, while we actually paid 120M or similar.
Neymar wage is 15M, but Barca pays probably around 50M net yearly to him, his dad, and to that boy band which follows him everywhere he goes.

Home of Barca Fans