Neymar Jr. - v5

MTL_Barca

I'm starting to think that ball dominant players like Messi or Neymar are less dominant than those players with perfect understanding of the space and off the ball movement.

Incredible how a player like Ronaldo who is clearly worse on the ball than Messi or Neymar or Hazard can influence a match so much.

People overreact to these few games. Just look at the semis and final in CL. Where was the unstoppable Ronaldo? Nowhere to be found and he wasn't even targeted by 3 players every game. You cant shine in every game that's just how things go. With proper defending (stupid penalty) and without that ridiculous mistake of De Gea Ronaldo would be in a line with the other "failed" stars this far, even if he scored that free kick.

Overall i'm really surprised so many people seem to believe it's something new that a striker can come out of nowhere and score some goals, it has been like this forever. Of course that kind of play where you just have few moments but decide the game is more suitable for finishers and not the players that create these chances in the first place. Stopping someone in midfield with 3-4 players is also easier than defending right in/at the box. Idk what's the big deal here, the last couple days people make Ronaldo look like he's the first finisher in the history of football.

Givenchy

Hes trying to do everything himself but Brazil aren't Portugal/Argentina, they actually have a solid team in every position.

KingLeo10

unless he shows dramatic improvement, a legitimate argument can be made he peaked in the latter half of 14/15 and beginning of 15/16. he was lethal back then.

Neeraj

I think a lot of us were expecting him to 'mature' when he was at Barca. He isn't a kid anymore; his intelligence and attitude have been shaped into a very real and hard form, there isn't going to be too much change in his game going forward, it doesn't look like.

He is obsessed with showing off and trying to show people his fancy tricks and useless dribbles; similar to how the diva in Madrid is. The only difference is, Ronaldo's selfishness leads to a myriad shots on goal, etc. which can help the team. Neymar's ball hogging is doing nothing but hurting the team. I remember early on in the game, he had a tussle with the Swiss midfielder, and he kept trying to embarrass him and hold the ball, even though there were 3 brazil players next to him for an easy pass. In the end, he kept getting pushed back into his own half and had to submit finally some 10 meters back from where he picked up the ball.

That is just 30 seconds or so wasted, when the ball could have gone forward. Add all of these up, and he's a legitimate liability to the team. I know that sounds weird considering he's one of the top talents for sure, but I think that's really immaterial right now. He's going to score a great goal every now and then and maybe pull off a great run and assist occasionally, but I genuinely think that a Brazil without this Neymar would be better than with him.

serghei

unless he shows dramatic improvement, a legitimate argument can be made he peaked in the latter half of 14/15 and beginning of 15/16. he was lethal back then.

Yep. Legit goalscorer with insane skills added. Quick and impossible to mark out.

Last edited:

abiabi

Hes trying to do everything himself but Brazil aren't Portugal/Argentina, they actually have a solid team in every position.

THIS.

I'm brazilian and I'm fuming at this shitty style of play he tries to bring to the Selecao. He slowed the tempo sooo much. Brazil could have easily won 3-0 if they just kept it ticking fast.

The worst part are the local press who protect him. At least now he got a more heat, because there are many ex-players as panelists for this world cup. But journalist see "10 fouls on Neymar" and run with the narrative that Neymar got persecuted or hacked. Lol, he wanted those fouls. Most those fouls were in areas of the pitch he shouldn't even hold the ball for more than 2 seconds.

When he focuses on the final third, he's truly great. He was doing that for Brazil and PSG but apparently he regressed. The coach needs to have some balls and call him on it or he'll lose the group.

abiabi

I think a lot of us were expecting him to 'mature' when he was at Barca. He isn't a kid anymore; his intelligence and attitude have been shaped into a very real and hard form, there isn't going to be too much change in his game going forward, it doesn't look like.

He is obsessed with showing off and trying to show people his fancy tricks and useless dribbles; similar to how the diva in Madrid is. The only difference is, Ronaldo's selfishness leads to a myriad shots on goal, etc. which can help the team. Neymar's ball hogging is doing nothing but hurting the team. I remember early on in the game, he had a tussle with the Swiss midfielder, and he kept trying to embarrass him and hold the ball, even though there were 3 brazil players next to him for an easy pass. In the end, he kept getting pushed back into his own half and had to submit finally some 10 meters back from where he picked up the ball.

That is just 30 seconds or so wasted, when the ball could have gone forward. Add all of these up, and he's a legitimate liability to the team. I know that sounds weird considering he's one of the top talents for sure, but I think that's really immaterial right now. He's going to score a great goal every now and then and maybe pull off a great run and assist occasionally, but I genuinely think that a Brazil without this Neymar would be better than with him.

Lol welcome to 2010-2015

he does that shit every time in this period, of dropping like 15 yards with a defender on his back just to show to the ref hes being fouled or some crap. Just pass it back to the center back you idiot..

BBZ8800

Lol welcome to 2010-2015

he does that shit every time in this period, of dropping like 15 yards with a defender on his back just to show to the ref hes being fouled or some crap. Just pass it back to the center back you idiot..

The point of CR7's game is to score goals and win trophies.
The point of Neymar's game is to show fancy tricks and to troll defenders.

Awesome talent, but a brain of a 13 years old.
His priorities in the game are so wrong.

M

MessiCam

THIS.

I'm brazilian and I'm fuming at this shitty style of play he tries to bring to the Selecao. He slowed the tempo sooo much. Brazil could have easily won 3-0 if they just kept it ticking fast.

The worst part are the local press who protect him. At least now he got a more heat, because there are many ex-players as panelists for this world cup. But journalist see "10 fouls on Neymar" and run with the narrative that Neymar got persecuted or hacked. Lol, he wanted those fouls. Most those fouls were in areas of the pitch he shouldn't even hold the ball for more than 2 seconds.

When he focuses on the final third, he's truly great. He was doing that for Brazil and PSG but apparently he regressed. The coach needs to have some balls and call him on it or he'll lose the group.
This was his problem at Barcelona too. Barça had a system that was working perfectly until he demanded more of the ball. Playing in deeper positions ensued and the ball hog was born.

He is a magnificent player though but his head is not screwed on right.

Home of Barca Fans