Neymar Jr. - v5

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure Neymar would like to play under Pep.

Pep won't allow Neymar to do whatever he wants. He holds players accountable for their poor or selfish play. Once Pep joins a club there is no player bigger than him.

serghei

Not sure Neymar would like to play under Pep.

Pep won't allow Neymar to do whatever he wants. He holds players accountable for their poor or selfish play. Once Pep joins a club there is no player bigger than him.

He's just talking for the sake of talking. He's great at that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has been coached.

Would bet Neymar would be about Peps dream signing out there just now.

By whom? It worked for one year in Barcelona before he wanted to become a playmaker and have the ball more at his feet rather than playing as a goalscorer.

JamDav1982

By whom? It worked for one year in Barcelona before he wanted to become a playmaker and have the ball more at his feet rather than playing as a goalscorer.

He didnt change at Barca or want to be a playmaker.

Stuck to the LW a lot. What changed is that Messi more or less stopped being a RW. Teams were not stretched. Barca were slower in build up and got ball slower and with more opposition behind it.

Neymar never tried to suddenly become a playmaker and he kept his off the ball runs etc for Messi when could.

fergus90

I’ve read an article a few years ago when he also said this. No chance Pep ever goes to PSG and the reality is Neymar will end up at Madrid at some point.

Andrew M

Why do people assume Pep would never go to PSG? Seems pretty presumptuous to me

No difference between City and PSG as far as i'm concerned. We all know how much Pep likes to coach the teams with the best squads only

serghei

Why do people assume Pep would never go to PSG? Seems pretty presumptuous to me

No difference between City and PSG as far as i'm concerned. We all know how much Pep likes to coach the teams with the best squads only

City are a bit less obnoxious. Not much of a difference though, you're right. And they play in a seriously demanding league, that counts a lot.

fergus90

True, City & PSG are very similar in stature and are both huge in modern football. However I guess the premier league has a few more sides to test yourself against.

I just can't see Pep going to anymore club sides after Man City to be honest, maybe one more in Italy but then on to international management. Always struck me as a guy who will end up retiring a lot earlier than most managers purely on how much effort, detail and intensity he puts in.

ebc_99

I wish we never signed this guy, since then Real have won 4 Champions Leagues. We should have let them have him and built a proper team instead.

Home of Barca Fans