Neymar Jr. - v5

snowy

This "overrated primadonna" is definitely the most gifted artist worldwide on the field - besides Messi - in the last 15 years.
If you received as many kicks as he gets in a game, you wouldn't even try to spit out these nonsense...

Potroh, you Sir are the man :wave:

z4h4vfu
Respect :)

whenever I play, I try to emulate ney's move and fail so bad it's hilarious! looking at some of the horror tackles he gets, I'm just hoping he doesn't get injured again. That and his high tempo, high work-rate making him perhaps more prone to overuse injury.
Good thing he's pliable and knows how to fall with minimal damage.

BBZ8800

An interesting stat:

1. Barcelona's matches this season WITHOUT Neymar:
-- supercup: Sevilla:Barcelona 0:2
-- supercup: Barcelona:Sevilla 3:0
-- La Liga: Barcelona:Betis 6:2
-- La Liga: Bilbao:Barcelona 0:1
-- cup: Hercules:Barcelona 1:1
-- Cl: Barcelona:MGladbach 4:0
-- La liga: Osasuna:Barcelona 0:3
-- cup: Barcelona:Hercules 7:0
-- La Liga: Barcelona:Las Palmas 5:0

-- 9 matches, 8 wins, 1 draw (Hercules, cup, away)
-- goals ratio: 32:3

2. Neymar's last 12 matches for Barcelona:
-- 0 goals from an open play
-- 1 goal scored from a penalty kick
1062 minutes without a goal from an open play.

People often say that he is by far best LW in the world.
But in reality, it seems that even a way weaker player can produce better results because a team will play way different with a different player in a team, our game will be much faster, more passes, more link up play, less hogging of a ball, less unneeded dribbles all the time etc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What about stats without Iniesta? We played without Don Andres this game and won 5-0? Coincidence?

Some of the results with Neymar includes.......*drum roll*

4-0 against Man City
5-0 against Sporting Gijon
5-1 against Leganes
7-0 against Celtic
4-0 against Deportivo
4-1 against Espanyol
3-1 recently against Athletic Bilbao

Two can play this game.

Way too easy these days to dish out random stats without looking deeper into it.

Last edited:

dakt

But in reality, it seems that even a way weaker player can produce better results because a team will play way different with a different player in a team, our game will be much faster, more passes, more link up play, less hogging of a ball, less unneeded dribbles all the time etc.

This is true. We looked more linked and fluid in this game. We had more options simply because Arda's movements are much better and more suitable for our one touch system.

BBZ8800

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] I know, but still, some doubts are here...

A lot of guys here often say: omg, imagine if we lose Neymar, how poor we would be.
Then you have matches like today and some other matches from lately and you figure out that we would be more or less the same without Neymar. Or even better.
Ok, we didn't play big matches without Neymar yet.

But, who knows, imagine Arda-Suarez-Messi, and a midfield WITHOUT Rakitic.
We are yet to see a team without Neymar (who slows down the game) and without Rakitic who, for me, can't run anymore.

About Iniesta, well again, for me, he is more important than Neymar.
But again, when we played WITHOUT Iniesta, we played on majority of times with both Neymar+Rakitic (and Roberto as a RB, of course) who are starting to be my personal favorites for our failures lately.
Without Iniesta, our bad matches:
-- Sociedad:Barca 1:1
-- Neymar and Rakitic in a starting 11
Man City:Barca 3:1
-- Neymar and Rakitic in a starting 11
Barcelona:Malaga 0:
-- 6 attacking players: Neymar, Paco, Turan, Rafinha, Busi, Denis (Lucho playing a kung-fu lineup again)

My point is, i would like to see more of:
Arda-Suarez-Messi
Iniesta-Gomes-Busi lineup

But also, I would like to see the amount of running and movement even in:
Arda-Suarez-Messi
Rafinha (Denis)-Gomes-Busi lineup

1. remove Neymar=you get more fluidity, more movement, more Barca's Dna play
2. remove Rakitic=you get more running and movement in midfield, since imo Raki lost it in a physical area
3. remove both Neymar+Rakitic=now something is happening...
4. removing both Neymar, Rakitic and Iniesta could be too many changes in a short time, but since Iniesta is ageing, I would like to see Arda-Suarez-Messi, Rafinha/Denis-Busi-Gomes more often this season in easier matches

In Neymar's defense, maybe even MSN could work when Rakitic won't be on a field, since with him, our midfield is dead lately.
So, I want to see more lineups without Rakitic from now on.
Plus, I would like to see more matches without both Neymar+Rakitic, like tonight, but not in Lucho's kung-fu rotations like Arda-Paco-Messi+Denis-Busi-Rafinha lineup.

Last edited:

Potroh

Can a team play quite badly but relatively easily win a particular game? Yes it can.
Can a team play quite good and lose the game? Yes it can.

To be very frank and blunt: it is almost disgusting how result oriented some folks are in this forum, where they curse the outstanding players when the team loses or draws, but when the team is capable of winning against a mediocre opponent, they they tend to praise even the bad players.
It's sad to see this meaningless subjectivity...

BBZ8800

Can a team play quite badly but relatively easily win a particular game? Yes it can.

To be very frank and blunt: it is almost disgusting how result oriented some folks are in this forum, where they curse the outstanding players when the team loses or draws, but when the team is capable of winning against a mediocre opponent, they they tend to praise even the bad players.

Name 3 matches in 2016 when Neymar played good for Barca, regardless of a result.
You have a sample of 50 matches, it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, wait...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Considering this forum have named Neymar the MOTM of three times this season, I guess that's evidence enough for you?

Unless you and a select few others are the only ones on this forum who are right while the rest of us are fanboys, bandwagoners etc.

Also 3rd on that MOTM thread.

That's not to say he's been great, but not as bad as made out to be either, nor the reason for some of our bad performances.

Ironically, some of the games I listed up there where he played and we won big were among our best games this season. Against some handy opposition too.

Last edited:

snowy

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

are you sure the issue with Raki is a speed thing? He's only 28... did he get injured or something?
For neyney, actually, a rotation with Arda (or other sub) would be perfect the way I see it. As in: 1st half Arda - 2nd half ney (or vice-versa).
This would help in injury prevention and like Boj posted, it would keep ney competitive and hungry. That would be ideal but maybe board won't let Lucho do it?
Do we even know who gets final say on formations?

I'd even say, use the same rotation strategy for Leo but it would be too risky against tougher opposition.

dakt

If you are attaching "outstanding" attribute to Neymar, than yeah...what is so outstanding about him? Are we allowed to get outstanding performances more often from an outstanding players that are paid outstandingly well?
I mean it's a one way road really...for that amount of hype/fame/money some people here expect a "bit" more performance/goals. Quite simple. Otherwise his salary is not justified and is only exhausting the club financially.

Home of Barca Fans