Neymar Jr. - v5

R10Barney

Well sadly
he'll never reach the Ronaldinho level even though the media hype will try to make it seem so but not close to that level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar: Made more unsuccessful dribbles (103) than any other player in La Liga last season

Misleading stat when his success rate was 66%, higher than most, if not everyone.

That said, need to make his dribbling count in more goals and assists.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Bored so I started watching Neymar performances vs important teams this season, and then i watched Messi's to compare.

I'll tell you what the respect Neymar gets on the ball because of his dribbling ability is second to none. It's incredible how much more defenders charge at Messi than they do Neymar. Messi is superior once he's had space to take off and is running with the ball at defenders, but Neymar could be standing still receives a pass surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders and no one dares get close, whereas with Messi they'll try to pressure him, carefully of course, but much more than they do with Neymar.

At this point in time, there's no doubt he is the most fearsome dribbler in the world.

KingLeo10

Bored so I started watching Neymar performances vs important teams this season, and then i watched Messi's to compare.

I'll tell you what the respect Neymar gets on the ball because of his dribbling ability is second to none. It's incredible how much more defenders charge at Messi than they do Neymar. Messi is superior once he's had space to take off and is running with the ball at defenders, but Neymar could be standing still receives a pass surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders and no one dares get close, whereas with Messi they'll try to pressure him, carefully of course, but much more than they do with Neymar.

At this point in time, there's no doubt he is the most fearsome dribbler in the world.

cristiano can't dribble a statue at the moment but he is 10 times more lethal than neymar.

BBZ8800

We had tons of success from his dribbles in the last 2 seasons and from defenders being scared of Neymar.

"Keep it up, Neyboy" (RM's board quote).

GetIn

Fearsome maybe, he does have a habit of putting defenders down on their rear ends, but 9/10 times he makes the wrong decision after beating his man. His football IQ isn't that great to be honest. Then again every player on the planet would look foolish playing next to Messi.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

It's more like they don't pressure him because they are instructed not to. More often than not he does virtually nothing concrete other than monkeying around so they let him do his thang and waste time :lol: And avoid Neymar milking fouls (his standout footballing feature).

Players that are not a threat are usually left alone. Anyone who played football knows it.

JamDav1982

It's more like they don't pressure him because they are instructed not to. More often than not he does virtually nothing concrete other than monkeying around so they let him do his thang and waste time :lol: And avoid Neymar milking fouls (his standout footballing feature).

Players that are not a threat are usually left alone. Anyone who played football knows it.

He isnt left alone though. Usually teams double up on him and try to cut off him cutting inside or going down the line by backing off.

The best Barca have been with MSN was when Messi stayed right and midfield got the ball early to Messi or Ney and stretch the pitch.

Thats what I would rather see than Messi at AM as seems to be being predicted a lot.

springfield

Fearsome maybe, he does have a habit of putting defenders down on their rear ends, but 9/10 times he makes the wrong decision after beating his man. His football IQ isn't that great to be honest. Then again every player on the planet would look foolish playing next to Messi.

9/10 wrong decisions? He's a great player, and his season was not that great but he played some very strong games where others failed to perform. If you don't have a high "football IQ" then you don't end up at Barcelona as an important player. We have seen players before with skills that failed to live up the expecations. And many people have skills but don't end up as a professional football player. I don't think any player with a low "football IQ" can become a ballon d'or nominee.

GetIn

9/10 wrong decisions? He's a great player, and his season was not that great but he played some very strong games where others failed to perform. If you don't have a high "football IQ" then you don't end up at Barcelona as an important player. We have seen players before with skills that failed to live up the expecations. And many people have skills but don't end up as a professional football player. I don't think any player with a low "football IQ" can become a ballon d'or nominee.

9/10 is obviously a hyperbole, but he does make the wrong decision more often than not. Also it's no coincidence he was nominated for the Ballon D'or the only year where he kept his game simple.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One

That's just not true come on he's not andre gomes. They mark him attentively, just from a safe distance. No one wants to get sat on their ass like someone said, and i've always been one to agree with him needing to improve his efficiency and end result, but you cannot deny he's uncontainable when he faces off against defenders. There's nothing they can do to stop him getting past them, too explosive, too much skill, too unpredictable. Messi was the same way when he was this age, except he backed up with 50+ goals and a ton of assist but he's Messi ffs.

Home of Barca Fans