Neymar Jr. - v5

GetIn

I hereby call for the closure of this thread until the new season, upon which a new thread shall be opened.

Honestly, this is embarrassing. Some people in here forgot that we all support the same club.

Giginho75

debating neymar is simply absurd...
i can agree about his too many dribbling attempts in some moments of the game, but this is a fantastic player, very useful for the team and for his personal actions (assists, goals, dribblings)

BBZ8800

debating neymar is simply absurd...
i can agree about his too many dribbling attempts in some moments of the game, but this is a fantastic player, very useful for the team and for his personal actions (assists, goals, dribblings)

Wasn't Zlatan also a fantastic player?

If you get my point and what I am aiming for?

Neymar is a fantastic player but inconsistent and it is questionable whether his style of play fits with Barca's ideas.

Instead of him, we could buy one and a half or two world class players.
Villa wasn't a better player than Zlatan.
He was a DIFFERENT player and a team played differently with him in the team.

I have personally reached a point where I am interested in seeing how would other options fit.

Giginho75

Neymar is a fantastic player but inconsistent and it is questionable whether his style of play fits with Barca's ideas.

I have personally reached a point where I am interested in seeing how would other options fit.

i understand your point, but i disagree...

zlatan is a fantastic player...
in my opinion he played not bad when was in barcelona...
but he needs to be always the star, the core of the play...
and in fcb there is already leo, so he chose to go away...

instead neymar plays in another position...
isn't a central striker like zlatan...
his play is perfect for leo, because they touch a lot of balls between them during the game with wonderful results (there isn't discussion)...

excuse me, what is your option?
the selling of neymar?

JamDav1982

Zlatan wasn't brilliant for Barca for a variety of reasons Neymar been in a different league to him and better than Villa.

Neymar is not as inconsistent as you make out either. Look at the MOTM thread on here and it doesn't fit the idea you put forward before he is shit for seven games then class for three. Which you contradicted your previous comment of three good games in eighteen months.

Neymar had some frustrating games where over dribbled or finished poorly but all players at Barca did but he also had more good games than anyone bar Messi. While he along with Messi had some unbelievable games to almost win on their own as much as a player can.

The midfield needs sorted to allow MSN to focus on final third and not meaning almost all the focus to create falls on them.

CatalinR10

Neymar was crucial in the treble we won , scored in all important games in CL including the final . Not only he scored , he played amazing. Zlatan did neither of this so i personally don't know what you are aiming for.

Also , Zlatan had the luxury to play with Messi , Iniesta , Xavi all in their prime , Neymar didn't but still had a bigger impact that Zlatan ever had.

I'm also interested who would you exchange the 2nd best player in the world ( when in form ) and the best LW in the world with ?

Last edited:

Total-Football

unbelievable!
fcb has best attack line of history...
and someone wants change!

who for neymar? what player for him?

Some,here, believed that arda is the answer to your question. ( later they of course changed their narrative but i still remember exatcly the ones who have said it)

this should give you an idea.

Giginho75

Some,here, believed that arda is the answer to your question. ( later they of course changed their narrative but i still remember exatcly the ones who have said it)

this should give you an idea.

really for someone arda is better than neymar?
but did they see the games?

my question not for discuss arda, because the turkish is a great player, but in fcb can be only an alternative

behindbrowneyes

Neymar was crucial in the treble we won , scored in all important games in CL including the final . Not only he scored , he played amazing. Zlatan did neither of this so i personally don't know what you are aiming for.

Also , Zlatan had the luxury to play with Messi , Iniesta , Xavi all in their prime , Neymar didn't but still had a bigger impact that Zlatan ever had.

I'm also interested who would you exchange the 2nd best player in the world ( when in form ) and the best LW in the world with ?

Apart from that there are some more very important things to mention. Neymar has superstar-status but has always accepted his role of being behind of Messi. More than that these two seem to be quite good friends. Neymar teached lots of people who were afraid of him and Messi in a team a lesson, including Cruyff.

What is more, Neymar is a very professional athlete. Sometimes there is mocking about partying, getting banned for birthday parties etc. However, Neymar is easily one of the fittest if not the fittest in our squad. He runs a lot every fucking game, makes the most off the ball out of MSN and he will be a key part if Valverde wants to bring back pressing. We should not take for granted that a player of his class shows this attitude.

Only two things you can argue about is his finishing and his cockiness on the pitch. The latter makes him a hated player for opposition and their fans, but I don't have a problem with that. Every team needs such players and as long as the team doesn't suffer from it it should be ok. His yellow-red was his first here IIRC and I#m sure he will learn from it. About his finishing. I'm sure it will get better when the team as a whole works better like it did in the last treble-season.

Neymar is what they call a franchise player in the NFL and imo a part of our (unsaleable) core out of ~MAtS, Piqué, Busquets, Iniesta and Messi. I'm confident Umtiti can take over when Piqué retires like Piqué did when Puyol left. Not that I want to sell players like Suárez, Roberto or Alba, but I would consider it if one offers the money they pay these days for players of that class although Suárez is a case in its own as he is kind of the perfect 9 for Barça.

abiabi

When's the last time a trade was made by big clubs? Ibra for Eto'o like 9 years ago?

Cmon man, nobody makes trades anymore and these retarded journalists still make up trade stories.

Home of Barca Fans