10 - Lionel Messi - v5

T

TS88

Who has won more times when their teams have matched up against each other? and who has scored more goals? Ronaldo or Messi?

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Who has won more times when their teams have matched up against each other? and who has scored more goals? Ronaldo or Messi?
Messi has won more classico's . scored more and the difference in number of assists is booming 13-1 . Not to forget Messi embarrassing Ronaldo twice in UCL when they faced each other

T

TS88

Messi has won more classico's . scored more and the difference in number of assists is booming 13-1 . Not to forget Messi embarrassing Ronaldo twice in UCL when they faced each other

No surprise, Messi was untouchable those days and was better than Ronaldo by a distance.

eaman

Look let's all just forget about goal stats and who has won what with their teams and just talk about who is the better player. A player is always going to look better and have better goalscoring stats playing on a better more fluid team. Messi is the more complete footballer and the better player to watch. A large part of football is entertainment and I would certainly pay to watch Messi over Ronaldo. Also I think Messi would be the better player to improve an average team

T

TS88

Now, if you asked me if I think Argentina have a chance to win the WC, the answer would be yes, absolutely. If Messi is 100% and playing to his full capabilities than sky is the limit. It would be a lot more pressure on him if RM win a third successive CL but I actually dont think that will happen. I think Bayern will progress and get their revenge for last years scandal. The circle of life will play its part, ask Buffon lol he was in goal for Italy when Zidane was sent off in his last cap for France and the tables turned as you saw last week.

Windhook

I see RM lifting the CL trophy for a third time in a row, they have the best midfield/wingbacks in the world that can create CR7 10-15 goalscoring chances per match. Even I would score having such guys backing me up. What Bayern has is just some motivation on the bitter defeat last year and Lewandowski, who might just perform poorly close to his transfer to Madrid this summer.

I see Argentina exiting the World Cup sometime in the 1/4 finals, if not earlier. Everyone on the planet know Messi's game, he is the most studied player in the history of football and still manages to surprise. He is the GOAT. But Sampaoli is under enormous pressure to make this thing happen just for Messi and everything on a mental level, at the moment, points at potential failure this summer. That doesn't mean I won't root for Argentina, but still it's near impossible task with such mediocre squad.

Pedro

La Masia
If CR7 wins third CL back to back and then goes onto win World Cup with Portugal, which is possible look how they won the euro 2016, then it would spell disaster for Leo

without Messi this Barcelona team would be finishing behind Atm and Real . Sevilla match alone is enough to show what he is and what's his worth . Whole team raised their standards after his arrival . Barcelona plays as a team without Leo ? Bullshit . We are absolutely pathetic without him . Struggled to beat even Malaga . A team that got relegated . Imagine starting the classico without Messi . Mateo kovacic would have marked Rakitic better .

I agree with you, but I was trying to point out that Messi is able to have such amazing statistics b.c the entire team is built around him, and that takes away from players other than Messi scoring or assisting as often.
Barca wouldn't be the same without Messi, but Messi wouldn't be Messi without Barca. it's a mutual benefit

RMU ReBorn

I agree with you, but I was trying to point out that Messi is able to have such amazing statistics b.c the entire team is built around him, and that takes away from players other than Messi scoring or assisting as often.
Barca wouldn't be the same without Messi, but Messi wouldn't be Messi without Barca. it's a mutual benefit
Messi can thrive in any world class team . This bullshit logic of Messi won't prove in any other team would have been thrown in to trash had he left barca for any other world class club

Ritchie

If CR7 wins third CL back to back and then goes onto win World Cup with Portugal, which is possible look how they won the euro 2016, then it would spell disaster for Leo

It's going to happen (at least the first part). Everything is going Ronaldo's way now and the nightmare shows no sign of ending.

Messi has no chance in Russia with that team. He needed to win CL/treble this season, Copa Del Ray is an irrelevance. Ronaldo already has Ballon D'or and is set to overtake him with CL trophies and Ballon D'ors this year. He's had international success, scored the most CL goals and will break the record for international goals soon. Messi is the better player but Ronaldo will retire with a better legacy while Messi's career peters out in a declining Barca and Argentina.

Last edited:

Pedro

La Masia
It's going to happen (at least the first part). Everything is going Ronaldo's way now and the nightmare shows no sign of ending.

Messi has no chance in Russia with that team. He needed to win CL/treble this season, Copa Del Ray is an irrelevance. Ronaldo already has Ballon D'or and is set to overtake him with CL trophies and Ballon D'ors this year. He's had international success, scored the most CL goals and will break the record for international goals soon. Messi is the better player but Ronaldo will retire with a better legacy while Messi's career peters out in a declining Barca and Argentina.

Yep, who would've foreseen this happening a few years ago when messi was 4-1 up in ballon dors and ronaldo was miles behind him

Home of Barca Fans