10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Ritchie

Yep, who would've foreseen this happening a few years ago when messi was 4-1 up in ballon dors and ronaldo was miles behind him

The daft thing is Ronaldo had already peaked as a player at that point and has declined a lot an overall player.

George_Costanza

Leo surrendered a 4-1 lead in Ballon D'or award, the same way Barcelona surrendered their lead to Roma.

Rosell and Barto's leadership have been a curse for Messi.

raskolnikov

Messi deserved the last two ballon d’ors. Also Real as a team have a betrer mentality than us and more options to win a match.
Ronaldo has been very lucky with his cl victories if you look at it. 2013 was a pity ballon d’or, 2014 had the ramos last second header save it, 2016 had Portugal with Eder save him and in cl they won a penalty shoot out which is a coin flip, last year they should have been eliminated by Bayern but he continues to get all the attention by getting for what for Ronaldo are “shirt off” moments. Final penalties, countless tap ins created by his team and his movement, “coaching vs France”, offside goals ignored etc.”

In the end its a popularity contest. At this point I can tell you it goes to Ronaldo if Real win cl. Unless messi or neymar wins wc.
I feel he figured out winning cl is enough so he focusses all his attention on that in his final years. So in a weird way his egoistic goal and ability to perform and score goals benefits Real. They wont win la liga without referee help or care about copa but for cl they have the perfect team peaking at the right moment with the right mentality and right amount of luck.

Last edited:

Ritchie

Leo surrendered a 4-1 lead in Ballon D'or award, the same way Barcelona surrendered their lead to Roma.

Rosell and Barto's leadership have been a curse for Messi.

He didn't surrender it when in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 he was easily the worlds best player.

Blatter opening his stupid mouth in 2013 was the turning point

Hardy

next time he'll find a way to be again decisive in CL or WC he'll win the balon d'or, stop to find pathetic excuses every time. you can't pretend to win it with invisible performance and premature eliminations on the biggest stage.

Ritchie

next time he'll find a way to be again decisive in CL or WC he'll win the balon d'or, stop to find pathetic excuses every time. you can't pretend to win it with invisible performance and premature eliminations on the biggest stage.

If he sat out the meaningless Copa Del Ray in Jan/Feb he'd have more energy for the CL like Ronaldo does.

In reality though Barca were never going to be good enough to win CL this season or last season with all the flaws in the team. It took a top drawer Messi just to beat Chelsea but he can't do it every time.

Ronaldo might be scoring more goals but he's getting the service.

clemente

Looked uninterested first couple of minutes but Messi is Messi, what the fuck was that pass to Suarez holy shit, to all the CR asslickers here PLEASE find me where he makes a through ball like that

sickstar

Messi can thrive in any world class team . This bullshit logic of Messi won't prove in any other team would have been thrown in to trash had he left barca for any other world class club

Nope, I must agree with the previous poster. Messi is a Barca player. He's a team player. Nothing is wrong with that.

Not like some glory Hunter player who likes to take advantage of his team's effort and claim himself as the best.

When I say a Barca player, doesn't mean Messi would fail to deliver, but he would absolutely gain less support and give less support compared to Barca. Great but not Barca great. It's simply a compliment to Barca training system.

Look at tonight. Him, Iniesta and Alba is almost telepathic. Play with joy, nothing like playing in the final. This is Barca.

FCBfan22

DbVormnU0AAUIlS.jpg:large

The last Rijkaard warrior.

One of my favourite photos of Messi ever.

Porque

Lol at the moment in the second half where Messi gets the ball then just stops while 3 players make the run successively for through balls and hes like "Nope".

Next second he passes it and sprints down the expecting the return ball.

Home of Barca Fans