10 - Lionel Messi - v5

raskolnikov

Yeah, he had 12 after 7 matches, 8 in the last 17. That is not usual Messi level. But its not surprising either given how deep he plays nowadays. Normally he would put 2 past Girona. I also feel we get way less penalties this season compared to before. Probably also has something to do wuth Neymar leaving.

Yeah, he had 12 after 7 matches, 8 in the last 17. That is not usual Messi level. But its not surprising either given how deep he plays nowadays. Normally he would put 2 past Girona. I also feel we get way less penalties this season compared to before. Probably also has something to do wuth Neymar leaving.

We don't get many penalties anymore because we don't spend nearly as much time in the opposition's box. In previous years we would be able to create chances and break into the opponent's box with some regularity. The more touches and interplay you have in the box the higher your odds are of getting fouled and awarded a penalty. Fast forward to this year where we spend almost the entire game outside the other team's box pointlessly passing the ball sideways with zero intent, creativity and penetration and it's no surprise we don't get as many penalties. We don't have the ability in attack to break past the opposition's last line of defense and get the ball into high danger areas. Seriously, we're lucky if we can generate two grade A scoring chances a game nowadays.

We'll never get many penalties if we keep playing this disgusting brand of stagnant negative football with shockingly slow, predictable attacks. You have to be able to get the ball into the box into the first place if you want penalties, something we clearly cannot do.

FinBarcelonafan

How many post he hit this season? Very unlucky lately.

Ripsta

Ronaldo's scored again, there was an article a few months ago where Ronaldo was saying to his team mates he'd win the pichichi despite being utter shit to every watching fan.

Not so far fetched now is it? Messi had better get a fucking move on. I still think Suarez is the main reason his scoring form has hit rock bottom, he's reaping the rewards from Messi dropping deeper, except it ruins the team big time when facing a well organised defence, or any competent team willing to get at the side.

KingLeo10

Ronaldo's scored again, there was an article a few months ago where Ronaldo was saying to his team mates he'd win the pichichi despite being utter shit to every watching fan.

Not so far fetched now is it? Messi had better get a fucking move on. I still think Suarez is the main reason his scoring form has hit rock bottom, he's reaping the rewards from Messi dropping deeper, except it ruins the team big time when facing a well organised defence, or any competent team willing to get at the side.

you need to relax from a perpetual state of being pissed at messi's effort. CR7 has a better team around him, and has less responsibility other than scoring. as long as we're winning/ competing for trophies goal tallies don't matter too much.

raskolnikov

He had 4 goals after 19 games. I doubt he will go 30+ which both Messi and Suarez should be ae to attain.

Ripsta

you need to relax from a perpetual state of being pissed at messi's effort. CR7 has a better team around him, and has less responsibility other than scoring. as long as we're winning/ competing for trophies goal tallies don't matter too much.

From your own selfish standpoint it won't, but Messi's legacy is being chipped away at with every goal Ronaldo scores (mostly in Europe).

Ronaldo scores again, Messi isn't going to win the Pichichi this year. It's going to be embarrassing to see him lose it after the massive lead he had earlier in the season.

Home of Barca Fans