10 - Lionel Messi - v5

khaled_a_d

Not the same by any means. Conduct towards players and officials are not correlated. When it is against officials, the punishment is much more severe even if the offense is less malicious.

I play football and if anyone had said what Leo had said to an official in my league they would have been banned for over half of the season. People have been banned for those time periods just for saying "fuck you" or "fuck off" to officials.

It's just how it works, not necessarily just FIFA regulations.

I think BarcaVillain point is that it shouldn't be this way,harming one physically should be always punished more severely than swearing to someone no matter who he is. I don't think it is fair that a player causing a career ending injury to another footballer should be punished less than swearing to a referee.
And this while I am one of the most supporters for protecting referee and how it is probably the worst job in the game and respect should be at least assured for them from players.

Devils

I think BarcaVillain point is that it shouldn't be this way,harming one physically should be always punished more severely than swearing to someone no matter who he is. I don't think it is fair that a player causing a career ending injury to another footballer should be punished less than swearing to a referee.
And this while I am one of the most supporters for protecting referee and how it is probably the worst job in the game and respect should be at least assured for them from players.

While true from a logical point of view, tackling is part of the game and unless the offending player admits that his tackle intended to maliciously harm the opposing player, it is very difficult to prove intent in those situations, most of the time at least.

It's different for officials where any verbal or physical abuse is a interpreted as clear, intended abuse. And considering they are more protected by the rules of the game, punishments will be more severe.

Ritchie

This is fifa punishing Messi for not attending the best gala, as many suspected. Hopefully this will be 2 after the appeal. And I don't get what luftstalag said that it's wrong. If Argentina fail to qualify be caused of his suspension, it's pretty obvious this would negatively affect him. His relationship with Argentina is complicated from day one, this wouldn't help at all.

Will they be pleased with themselves if the worlds best player and biggest star wasn't at their precious World Cup as a result of this ban? That won't be good for business.

F

FlaFCB

They should win their last 3 games tbh with 2 easy home games and his return in last game,and from what I read Bolivia hasn't been good in this qualification even in home so they might get a win today.
I think there is very good chance they will qualify even if the ban was reduced,and most probably it will be reduced to two games

"Should" is the key word there. They really should, but apparently they can't. Argentina without Messi have some serious bad results on this qualifiers. They lost points in games that weren't that difficult. Won only 7 points of 21 possible without him.

F

FlaFCB

Will they be pleased with themselves if the worlds best player and biggest star wasn't at their precious World Cup as a result of this ban? That won't be good for business.

Yes, they would. It wouldn't affect it that much anyway.

[tw]846759738339737600[/tw]

kjk2184

The ban may be correct for abuse of official, but there is clearly an ulterior and petty motive behind this. It is not as if this is the first time a player has swore at an official, yet I don't remember many bans due to this and certainly not this long but maybe my memory is failing me. Almost every match, you see a player do this yet no bans so this is just a strange decision that could end up costing FIFA more than they know. If this is the new standard, then I expect FIFA to ban every player that does it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Fuck Infantino and Fifa.

Linesman in question says it's nothing and they do this.

Anyone still questions Barca and Messi are being targeted by those bastards?

MagIX

lol, 4 matches for swearing is correct according to you, fuck off

though i don't mind him not playing tonight, very tough circumstances in Bolivia

Yes, probably 4 matches suspension is exaggerated and i suppose that the suspension will be reduced.
But i am not surprised, i saw the media talking about these insults in the last days, i though that maybe Messi will get a suspension or other measures.

BarcaGirl

If the ban doesn't get reduced and Arg fail to qualify without him, he's going to blame himself for the rest of his life. It would break him once and for all.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It would be foolish for him to blame himself. If the team could not even qualify for the world cup without him, it's of no use to him!

Home of Barca Fans