10 - Lionel Messi - v5

BarçaBarça

?????
I try in another way: he's been stupid, the suspension is correct.

4 games ban for swearing seems extreme to me, especially when the ref/linesmen didn't complain themselves.
If suspension is correct (the MAXIMUM possible), please provide other examples of similar swearing and similar punishment, because there must be plenty, if it is protocol..
Preferably short time before next important game, and with nothing in the ref-report.

Yes, it was stupid, but please - Messi is Mr. f***** Perfect in his behaviour in all respects and only gets shit from AFA/FIFA etc., it is hard to expect him to make 0 mistakes ever.
(by comparison Ronaldo kicked/hit opponents off the ball 3-4 times last season, but no one bats an eye and no punishment was given). It is not to defend everything he does, even the stupid mistakes, but more an 'give him a break'/some leeway, he is goating all the time and shit upon at every chance, even when goating.

Ritchie

This is the longest ban of Messi's whole career, I wonder how he's going to handle it.

It's the fact that it'll probably cost Argentina a World Cup place. He's worked his arse off to get them back in contention. If he'd stuck with the retirement they'd have no chance.

Chong Li

LOL, pretty obvious this is FIFA's revenge for Leo snubbing their shitty "The Best" gala.

Good news for us (angry Messi is usually quite awesome, plus he's getting some much needed rest), but really bad news for Argentina.

Albo

If by some miracle Argentina win tonight, this is the best scenario for Barcelona. Messi gets rest and doesn't have to worry too much about Argentina.

It's not good for Messi. He will play 4 games less, sure, but if Argentina don't qualify he will hilariously be one of the main "culprits", and if they do it won't take long before his usual NT critics use that against him too.

Let's see how it unfolds, but it's realistic that Arg won't qualify if Messi does miss 4 games

Neymessi

Its still possible argentina qualifies. But if it does it will be very narrowly.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I feel like ranting so much but there are already so many here so I will just pass on it.

BarcaGirl

How I wished he never returned to ARG after his 'retirement'. His country brought him nothing but sorrow and pain.

Future narratives by the media :coffee:

Messi suspended, ARG qualifies: Told you that's a world class team. Messi who?! We don't need that traitor.

Messi suspended, ARG doesn't qualify: Messi failed his country again. Maradona will always be the greatest bla bla bla

Pedro

La Masia
Leo needs to guide Argentina to World Cup Victory in 2018 if he is to surpass Maradona.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

How I wished he never returned to ARG after his 'retirement'. His country brought him nothing but sorrow and pain.

Future narratives by the media :coffee:

Messi suspended, ARG qualifies: Told you that's a world class team. Messi who?! We don't need that traitor.

Messi suspended, ARG doesn't qualify: Messi failed his country again. Maradona will always be the greatest bla bla bla

the stats of games played with Messi and without him in the qualifying already tell the story, they won just 1 game without him

Home of Barca Fans