10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
These awards are all about trophies won these days, they have little to do with individual performance throughout the year anyway. It is all about who wins the CL between us and Madrid and if neither won, who won the league. Really boring. I am looking forward to seeing these awards going to someone who is not one of these two.

Androutsos

These awards should be done through a per match rating system, with bonus points for trophies, goals, assists, wins, clean sheets if GK and points taken away for yellow & red cards, goals conceded etc. There would also be a system similar to the Golden Boot where shit leagues don't count for as much as the top ones.

But it isn't like these awards mean anything anyway.

dakt

The fact that Iniesta is there in the top team (I love Iniesta, but he's far from his best) says all about how realistic these awards are.

Hardy

These awards are all about trophies won these days, they have little to do with individual performance throughout the year anyway. It is all about who wins the CL between us and Madrid and if neither won, who won the league. Really boring. I am looking forward to seeing these awards going to someone who is not one of these two.

There is a chance next year with WC. I don't think Ronaldo or Messi will win next year even with CL because format is not same as previous seasons, maybe they can win this "The best" but not balon d'or.

SeloBarca

Like others said, its only about Ronaldo and Messi.
The one that is the most popular at the moment, will win.
Ronaldo had worse stats than Messi, but won CL and League, so he won it.

Its really har to make a fair system for it, alot of the small islands and poor countries barely have TV coverage for the games and only go by PR, yet they get just as much to say as the biggest countries.
Not that the bigger countries voted that much better, they always vote for some countryman. I mean, our coach voted for Ibrahimovich, how much has he played this year?

El Flaco

Like others said, its only about Ronaldo and Messi.
The one that is the most popular at the moment, will win.
Ronaldo had worse stats than Messi, but won CL and League, so he won it.

Its really har to make a fair system for it, alot of the small islands and poor countries barely have TV coverage for the games and only go by PR, yet they get just as much to say as the biggest countries.
Not that the bigger countries voted that much better, they always vote for some countryman. I mean, our coach voted for Ibrahimovich, how much has he played this year?

Also, neither our coach or Andreas Granqvist (captain for Sweden's NT) rate Messi among top 3.... :lol:

booge

At end of the day if barca do well messi wins, and if real do well ronaldo wins lol.

so is it not in the fans interest that their team does well?

obviously a true barca fan wants the team to do well and messi will automatically win. thats just a bonus

hopefully this gives motivation to the barca players seeing Madrid dominate the awards.

this is what got real madrid fired up a few years back. they got sick to the stomach of feeling shit lol

sickstar

Surprised to say I give zero fucks about the individual awards anymore. I used to get upset that Cristiano was winning when Messi is clearly better but now it's whatever. Cristiano won the champs league and scored. No chance Messi is going to win even though he's clearly the better player. I'm just happy to be able to see him play week in week out. Some stupid ass award won't take away the fact that Messi is clearly the GOAT.

Ronaldo won because Bayern failed miserably against him during cl semi.

And of course that famous 'ronaldo cheered and rallied Portugal at Euro final'

Other than that, Messi excells.

Much2soon

Surprised to say I give zero fucks about the individual awards anymore. I used to get upset that Cristiano was winning when Messi is clearly better but now it's whatever. Cristiano won the champs league and scored. No chance Messi is going to win even though he's clearly the better player. I'm just happy to be able to see him play week in week out. Some stupid ass award won't take away the fact that Messi is clearly the GOAT.
Funny how the tone of the balon d’or/best player award has changed over the years. It’s still an individual award but since Ronaldo/Messi are so dominate the only way to separate them is team success.

The decision wouldn’t be so easy if not for Ronaldo’s scoring in the KO stages of the UCL.

ricknattery

I'm not even go to try to start an argument about Neuer, but fat Ronaldo at his absolute peak was as good as Messi IMO.

El Fenomeno never came close to Messi in long passes, through balls, assists, distribute the game from midfield and even freekicks. Dribbling, goals, and speed Messi is slightly better so never in his career Ronaldo was as good as Messi

xXKonan

img_fpolo_20171023-230644_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_bartoiniestamessi-kzzC-U432311984419f5-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Home of Barca Fans