10 - Lionel Messi - v5

El Flaco

Maradona on what Messi is missing to become him: "No, leadership can’t be trained. That comes from inside, as standard. Messi is not capable of giving a talk to 20 players to motivate them. He would say: 'What do you want to ask me, guys?'. They would ask him questions."

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kinda happy he's not like him. Imagine Messi being a crackhead and beating up his wife.

Maradona surely motivated Argentina in 1994.

This. Watching Messi play is the most motivational thing any human can do in Football.

Exactly. Many people say that Messi isnt a leader or cannot motivate argentinia to win a tournament but if you are in a final from World Cup you dont have to be motivated. With Agüero, Higuain, Di Maria and also Dybala who are playing so badly Messi wont win anything. If he would have Cavani, Lewandowski or Ronaldo by his side, he would have won atleast 2 of 3 finals.

henias

Was bad by his standards, unlucky with 3 hit in the post but some other bad finishes. Seem it got to his head and was a bit selfish in some other plays

Wasnt one bit selfish at all. But he does hold the ball a little too long at times other than that still a great game. Suarez could have easily squared it to Messi as well.

Windhook

Selfish? Not at all. The first Suarez goal is book perfect moment to prove such point absolutely wrong. Messi had 90% chance of scoring one on one against the GK. Instead he opted a 100% goal pass to Suarez, who already looked switched off at that moment thinking Leo will try to score.

khaled_a_d

Selfish? Not at all. The first Suarez goal is book perfect moment to prove such point absolutely wrong. Messi had 90% chance of scoring one on one against the GK. Instead he opted a 100% goal pass to Suarez, who already looked switched off at that moment thinking Leo will try to score.

It started after ward, had many occasions that teammates was in better position and he would normally pass but decided to keep the ball

Kohe321

Maradona on what Messi is missing to become him: "No, leadership can’t be trained. That comes from inside, as standard. Messi is not capable of giving a talk to 20 players to motivate them. He would say: 'What do you want to ask me, guys?'. They would ask him questions."

Yes Maradona, I am sure the first thing Messi thinks about in the morning as he wakes up next to Antonella is "gee, I wish I could be more like that drug addict Maradona".

DRV7bnkW0AARpNR.jpg

Gnidrologist

I really dot like this Barca fad of trying to feed Messi just that he could score in these kind of matches. Just play your natural game ffs. He has become too much of an idol/mascot for his teammates and that's not healthy for overall team play.
(though i also hope in superstitious manner that his failure to score against Depor will result up in goal galore at Bernaleo;))

Windhook

It started after ward, had many occasions that teammates was in better position and he would normally pass but decided to keep the ball

Bad decisions, not selfish act. Messi on many occasions also passed the ball sideways instead of shooting from his favorite position.

henias

Messi passing to the flanks have been largely ineffective especially when it is too tight for the wingbacks to make a pullback. It has also become somewhat predictable and even Messi knows it so he is trying something different. Not being selfish.

It's like his old days where the defenders would think he tries to pass but choose to shoot, catching both the keeper and the defender offguard, slotting the ball in neatly near the far post. It's vintage Messi and it's been very long since he scores like that. Players have to be unpredictable at times if u want to be lethal in front of the goal.

Home of Barca Fans