10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Ripsta

All on him last night. Shouldn't be immune to criticism. I don't expect him to run through every game, he gets away with it most the time when the team are winning and we understand why, but when the team is under pressure he becomes a fucking liability at times through his sheer lack of effort.

It's a mental thing. Against Madrid last year he looked angry and played with a purpose, look what happened. Ran his socks off and literally felt like his brilliance was a one man show

Far too often be just simply looks like he can't be bothered, and in all honesty it's probably cost him two Ballon d'Or along the way. He'll be heading for another individual loss if he doesn't sort it out.

Ritchie

All on him last night. Shouldn't be immune to criticism. I don't expect him to run through every game, he gets away with it most the time when the team are winning and we understand why, but when the team is under pressure he becomes a fucking liability at times through his sheer lack of effort.

It's a mental thing. Against Madrid last year he looked angry and played with a purpose, look what happened. Ran his socks off and literally felt like his brilliance was a one man show

Far too often be just simply looks like he can't be bothered, and in all honesty it's probably cost him two Ballon d'Or along the way. He'll be heading for another individual loss if he doesn't sort it out.

He can't do that all the time though. An Ecuador/Real performance takes a lot out of him.

Now he's in his 30s he should be able to slow down and be facilitated more by his team mates (which has won the last two ballon d'ors for Ronaldo) not have to win games on his own.

Pedro

La Masia

Ballon D'or could be heading to Neymar who scored 4 goals last night to overtake Messi's tally for the season, with 24 goals now for Neymar with PSG.

henias

Give him a break, he was literally Man of the match for almost every game and he should have rested this game and played at home.

Ripsta

No, he can conserve himself as much as he likes when the team are playing well, walks through most games and we accept it, but he can be a disgrace when they're not.

Like i said, don't expect him to be in 100% GOAT mode every game, but the time for him to show he gives a fuck is games like last night. If he's puts himself about everyone else will follow.

Alik

No, he can conserve himself as much as he likes when the team are playing well, walks through most games and we accept it, but he can be a disgrace when they're not.

Like i said, don't expect him to be in 100% GOAT mode every game, but the time for him to show he gives a fuck is games like last night. If he's puts himself about everyone else will follow.

Lol no. This game is inconsequential.

Stoichkov1

messi has been walking in every match since 2013.

Ripsta

messi has been walking in every match since 2013.

Yeh, and since then he's allowed a certain preening Portuguese twat to catch him in Ballon d'Or awards.

Messi when he gives a fuck tears one of the best Real Madrid sides apart in their history.

Messi when he doesn't give a fuck becomes a passenger for most the game.

He's so good a player he's capable of being shit most the game then creating something out of nothing, only takes a second, but it's not good enough.

If it were anyone else they'd be absolutely slaughtered. Messi gets a free pass because it's Messi. Completely unfair on everyone else.

Ritchie

Yeah let him use up a ton of energy in the Copa Del Ray and before we even play the 2nd leg of the quarters.

We need him to step it up in the CL. Did anyone give a shit that we won the Copa last season? No. It's the cherry on top if we win the other two, a consolation prize otherwise.

Stoichkov1

Yeh, and since then he's allowed a certain preening Portuguese twat to catch him in Ballon d'Or awards.

Messi when he gives a fuck tears one of the best Real Madrid sides apart in their history.

Messi when he doesn't give a fuck becomes a passenger for most the game.

He's so good a player he's capable of being shit most the game then creating something out of nothing, only takes a second, but it's not good enough.

If it were anyone else they'd be absolutely slaughtered. Messi gets a free pass because it's Messi. Completely unfair on everyone else.

Messi ran less than every other player in the 3-2 clasico or in the CL when he scored 2 goals against Bayern in 2015.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IMO Diego Lopez made one of the greatest saves from penalty. Messi's shot had the accuracy and speed.

Don't think it had that well placement tbh.

IMO he just overthinks when he shoots penalties and constantly change his approach. He need to just pick one approach with one run up, pick a corner and smash it.

Possibly let someone like Coutinho who comes in take some penalties from time to time too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's missed almost 33% of his penalties in his career now which is a pretty bad number.

Home of Barca Fans