10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Potroh

To be honest, I think the whole point of posting those pictures was to piss off the board.

Of course, perhaps even more than that...
It's a declaration of war actually.

But I would bring out a point that hasn't been mentioned here:
Neymar's departure, Messi's lack of signing the new contract and some other signs in this new saga tells me that these important and strong players are not ONLY fed up with the board, but it also clearly shows that they probably dislike Valverde and his plans (that we know very little about)...

Ronaldinh0

Messi has served the club long enough and with enough success and joy, that he deserves better players around him and a club that can compete. If he leaves it is not because he fell out of love for the club or the supporters but that the board has completely mismanaged the greatest player of all time. He deserves better and we as fans would be selfish to even question this aspect.

klc123

I would be sad if Messi leaves, but I wouldn't be angry. I would understand. He deserves better than what we are currently offering. Even if the board resigned tomorrow, we haven't got enough time to sign the players needed to fix this squad.

LMessi85

I hope Messi stays. I understand that him against the board might be our only hope of getting the board step down. Can somebody explain to me what the next step would be in this? When or why would the board eventually step down? short explanation would be appreciated.

SeaDragon

People only want Messi to leave because they want him to play his last years in a good team, Bartomeu is clearly more focused in something else rather than building a good team.

And he is focused on something called "Espai Barça", check it on google, it will cost 600 million but i'm pretty sure it will end up being a bigger amount, they can't steal that money, but they can overpay for the project and choose the company that pays the bigger amount "under the table". This will hurt the club for years to come.

People only want Messi to leave because they want him to play his last years in a good team, Bartomeu is clearly more focused in something else rather than building a good team.

And he is focused on something called "Espai Barça", check it on google, it will cost 600 million but i'm pretty sure it will end up being a bigger amount, they can't steal that money, but they can overpay for the project and choose the company that pays the bigger amount "under the table". This will hurt the club for years to come.
Come on! Messi is only 30yo. I'd think like that if he was 33-35. He may be about to leave his prime, but this is far from being his last years.

Messi983

Will be interesting to see people's opinion when the board will stay but Messi will still renew his contract after transfer window will close and they'll find time to sign the papers.

I really don't believe in any of those theories.

Alik

Will be interesting to see people's opinion when the board will stay but Messi will still renew his contract after transfer window will close and they'll find time to sign the papers.

Whether he renews or not in the end doesn't prove or disprove the theory that he is currently postponing it to put pressure on the board.

xxxxxx

If Messi wanted to sign his contract he would have done it by now. It's pretty obvious why he hasn't at this point.

Home of Barca Fans