10 - Lionel Messi - v5

ManusXavi

Messi will not leave. Maybe he has a problem with the club's situation with Barto and stuff. But it is probably just about money.
Or maybe the problems of the club or the money have nothing to do with this and the decision was made by him years ago and he hasn't wanted the media attention about the subject year after year. I wouldn't be surprised if he had this in mind when he signed a contract a few years ago

raskolnikov

Hasn't Messi been signing a renewal almost every year? How could he have run out of contract!?

He got payrises but his actual last extension was in 2014.
I think he could be entertaining the thought at this point.
City is turning into a pep football machine that could win cl, especially with Messi. Meanwhile Barca is turning into milan 2.0 stuck with a retarted board. Messi has two choices. He either goes to epl for 3 years at 31, rips it up and goes to rosario afterwards. Or he stays with us for a few more years, wont win a cl, maybe push for a title once or twice and then moves to Argentina.
We are screwed anyway, be it now or in 3 years due to our board and great socios supporting them.
If messi wanted to stay for sure he would have already signed an extension by now. On the other hand, he is too much of a family man and with his wife pregnant it looks unlikely for him to suddenly move out of his comfort zone.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His actual last extension was in Feb 2013. He signed an improved deal with no extension in May 2014. He hasn't signed and deals or had a pay raise since then, as far as I know.

That's right.

Guys, stop reading what you see on Twitter. Many retards there.

Going to Man City might be unstable for his family at an important stage of their lives. Does Thiago even know how to speak English, he is at school age.
Does Messi's wife want to be in Manchester with a new baby. Does she have friends there?
For me it is Barca or Rosario

Aguero's gf, Otamendi's wife and then Cesc's wife not too far away in London. She seem to travel to London quite often.

That said, I think she and Messi would prefer to stay in Barcelona, who wouldn't :lol:. However if this board and management cannot provide him a competitive team....you never know what will happen.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

It's not like he's gonna end his Europe carreer in Man city , he's gonna be there for a year to win the epl , CL and other stuff and come back next year after the board is gone due to losing him .

henias

He probably wouldn't care if Barca fails to get a CL title, besides he already won everything. For me, it looks like he just want to focus on Argentina and after that move to Rosario. He wouldn't risk joining a competitive EPL and pick up an injury, even tho City is definitely a good place for him. Big priority is definitely his family and I dont think he's gonna be leaving any time soon.

I can tell he hates the stupid board by the way he's so reluctant to sign. He's probably weighing his options but Barcelona seems the more safer choice for him.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

He got payrises but his actual last extension was in 2014.
I think he could be entertaining the thought at this point.
City is turning into a pep football machine that could win cl, especially with Messi. Meanwhile Barca is turning into milan 2.0 stuck with a retarted board. Messi has two choices. He either goes to epl for 3 years at 31, rips it up and goes to rosario afterwards. Or he stays with us for a few more years, wont win a cl, maybe push for a title once or twice and then moves to Argentina.
We are screwed anyway, be it now or in 3 years due to our board and great socios supporting them.
If messi wanted to stay for sure he would have already signed an extension by now. On the other hand, he is too much of a family man and with his wife pregnant it looks unlikely for him to suddenly move out of his comfort zone.

City is not favourite to win CL by any means. Barca remains one of the 3-4 best teams in the world with PSG, Bayern and Real that is better at the moment. The fact that they scored 7 goals against Stoke doesn't mean shit.
Our players are all world class except Gomes, Rakitic and Denis. The same can't be said about them, they have good players but not world class yet except 1 or 2.
Real Madrid winning back to back UCLs made some culés doubtful about the strenght of this team.

City is not favourite to win CL by any means. Barca remains one of the 3-4 best teams in the world with PSG, Bayern and Real that is better at the moment. The fact that they scored 7 goals against Stoke doesn't mean shit.
Our players are all world class except Gomes, Rakitic and Denis. The same can't be said about them, they have good players but not world class yet except 1 or 2.
Real Madrid winning back to back UCLs made some culés doubtful about the strenght of this team.

If we played City tomorrow in a 2 legged CL tie which team would you put your money on? City would steamroll us if we played this year.

This team is not strong at all, we only go as far as Messi is willing and able to take us.

Stoichkov1

If we played City tomorrow in a 2 legged CL tie which team would you put your money on? City would steamroll us if we played this year.

This team is not strong at all, we only go as far as Messi is willing and able to take us.

On Barcelona of course. Our defence is easily better, the midfield is debatable and the attack is again better since Messi is part of the team and Suarez is world class despite his form.
City would not steamroll us by any means.

M

MessiCam

I don't think the situation is as simple as has been made out. There are ramblings that he is already being paid under the terms of this so-called unsigned extension... If this is true and his foundation and father have already signed the required paperwork I don't see how Messi can get out of the contract.

khaled_a_d

Pep is an all time great -if not the greatest- caaching a team to league title, but in CL? he isn't half good.
RM would easily destroy them (if healthy) probably AM in a play-off game.
they improved, but it will take more to convince me they can win CL. until Pep learn to get results in CL outside home he isn't gonna be favorite for CL

On Barcelona of course. Our defence is easily better, the midfield is debatable and the attack is again better since Messi is part of the team and Suarez is world class despite his form.
City would not steamroll us by any means.

We wouldn't get steamrolled by anybody.

This is still the same team that got royally fucked by Madrid in the SuperCup and largely the same team that got smashed 4-0 by PSG and 3-0 by Juve. Hell, even an out of form City managed to dominate and beat us 3-1 last year. We look good when we play against the minnows and run up the score against vastly inferior opposition, but these past couple years we've been really struggling against big teams, especially in the latter stages of the CL.

Yes, we did beat Juve 3-0 this year, but I don't really consider that as any indication that we've become better as they were missing half their team. You could also say that we beat Madrid 3-2 last year, but what's the common denominator in all these victories? Messi plays like a god, when teams manage to negate his impact, as seen in the CL the past few years we become toothless in attack.

The 6-1 against PSG was just the perfect storm, we did control the ball and played with a high tempo, but didn't really create much at all. 2 of the goals we scored were penalties (1 wrongly given), 2 were moments of individual brilliance by Neymar, and two were as a result of stupid individual defensive errors at the back for PSG. In terms of clear cut scoring chances I'd say PSG created more than us and probably deserved a draw on the night if we're being honest.

I'd say our defense is better than City's, our midfield is not even close to theirs, I mean De Bruyne himself is more creative than our entire midfield three combined. Iniesta still class in him, but he is very inconsistent and can't really run. Busquets is obviously great and Rakitic, we all know the story with him. Not convinced our attack is better than City's either. Suarez in this form is not better than Jesus or Augero, so that just leaves it up to Messi to do everything.

More often than not these big matches are won by the midfield, I don't care how good our attack of defense is if we don't have a a competent midfield to complement them. We were overrun in the middle by Atleti until they scored and then basically decided to park the bus. Iniesta can maybe make the odd incisive pass, but for the most part we'll just have pointless possesion. We'll pass it around the back and the middle for minutes on end but never pose a threat to the opposition's goal. That's why you see Messi so often drop all the way down to the half way line. He does this to add a creative spark to the midfield and drive the play forward.

Feel free to disagree, but I'll be proven right once again once the knockout stages of the CL start. We'll be lucky to make the QF again.

Pep is an all time great -if not the greatest- caaching a team to league title, but in CL? he isn't half good.
RM would easily destroy them (if healthy) probably AM in a play-off game.
they improved, but it will take more to convince me they can win CL. until Pep learn to get results in CL outside home he isn't gonna be favorite for CL

For sure they would struggle against the teams you just mentioned, but they should still be able to beat us. I believe they would overrun us in midfield like most big teams have done in recent years and handily win the tie.

Home of Barca Fans