10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Flavius

I think with Dembele back we will have another strategy (back to 443 hopefully or something). Was a big blow his injury, because Deulofeu did almost nothing in his absence, and Valverde changed to 442.

Let.s hope Dembele stays free injury and see how our attack will be. Can.t wait for our secret weapon against Chelsea!

Messi983

I think with Dembele back we will have another strategy (back to 443 hopefully or something). Was a big blow his injury, because Deulofeu did almost nothing in his absence, and Valverde changed to 442.

Let.s hope Dembele stays free injury and see how our attack will be. Can.t wait for our secret weapon against Chelsea!

So 443 will be our secret weapon? :p

DQ7Ec3lX4AAuvkh.jpg

Ritchie

You still haven’t answered my question...

Barcelona (as a collective) were playing better with Messi as False 9... the only one that was struggling was Suarez... Playing 2 wings also gives you better attacking shape as witnessed last night as well as defensive shape in a 4-5-1.

If it hasn’t dawned on you yet... We’re not going to play 4-3-3 when both Messi and Suarez start anymore. The 4-3-3 gets played every occasion Messi is not in the starting lineup otherwise it’s 4-4-2.

Barca's biggest failing is Messi can't get on the end of his own passes. He has to play in midfield so we can create chances and he has to play up front so we can score them. So the conundrum is always going to be whether to keep him more deep or as a striker.

Windhook

Messi tends to spend more time up front when Iniesta is on the pitch. When Andres is missing, Messi is the boss. It is in a way insulting to all other midfielders, but that's reality. They are all levels below those two legends.

sickstar

Barca's biggest failing is Messi can't get on the end of his own passes. He has to play in midfield so we can create chances and he has to play up front so we can score them. So the conundrum is always going to be whether to keep him more deep or as a striker.

This.
I tend to call messi a goalmaker rather than playmaker. Goalmaking process is simply initiating and finishing or making other to finish an attack become a goal. Messi has this unique ability, yet no one or rather rare that he could find partners to link, unlike the good ol days with xavi, iniesta, busi, fabregas around..

henias

He's much more lethal in between the lines of defence so I'd rather play him as a striker now, considering Barcelona has changed alot compared to the past.

Yeah in my opinion also 16 17 season from him is so underrated. So many beautiful goals, passes, dribblings....but if you win only Copa del Rey nobody expect of Messi Fans will see his greatness. If Suarez can find his form back and Debele coming, Barca will be offensiv superior again. Because of Umtiti Barca has a really good defence. Only the midfield is to weak for big teams, Sergi Roberto must play in there cause of his power playing in midfield.
Hopefully he can finish the season great with La liga atleast and maybe also World Cup...

Blaugranaa

We miss the times with Xavi and Iniesta. Messi is extraordinary. He is the only player in the world that can be a playmaker and topscorer at the same time. Because of this, he is a powerful weapon. Problem is though, if he had others who could go deep to get the ball and create something, he would benefit a lot and maybe get a lot more goals. Sometimes I could wish that we had world's best midfield again, be these kind of players don't grow on the trees. Ronaldo is benefitting a lot from Modric and Kroos. A midfield Perez has build up from the inspiration of Barca. And this is one of the reasons behind Real Madrid's success. I could begrudge Messi that kind of midfield even though things are going okay right now. Let's see how things look after the Claisco.

Home of Barca Fans