10 - Lionel Messi - v5

IF he ever goes, I hope it's City. Would be the perfect reunion between him and Pep. And he could finally prove all those idiots wrong who say that he ''couldn't make it in the Premier League''. But I don't ever see him leaving, and I hope he never does, but right now he definitely deserves better than what our board is giving him. It hurts me to see how Ronaldo is gaining more and more favor with people and it's all thanks to the fact that his club is being managed well, he is being surrounded with great players and great managers who compliment him and he's a shining part of the unit. But meanwhile Messi, who is a class above Ronaldo on an individual level, is being left in the dust because of the fact that he has to drag the weight of this awfully managed club all by himself. Ronaldo's in a Lamborghini that's being driven by Florentino Perez, Messi's using a rope to drag a busted Subaru hatchback with Bartomeu in the backseat.

If he has to go to Premier League I would prefer it be Liverpool. Because they have the best fans out in football world. And also because I hate Manchester United, City (Arab Money) and Chelsea(Money club) and I don't want him to rot in Arsenal with Wenger.

Endavant

It's no coincidence that messi hasn't signed his renewal yet, Specially when mestre saying that everything is ready and just waiting for his signature.
Messi is waiting for the board to reinforce the squad with great players, If they fail to do so, And i can see messi publicly saying that he won't renew with barca.

It's too bad messi is a very peaceful and humble player, If i were him, I would've gave an ultimatum to the board that if they don't bring BOTH coutinho and dembele by the end of this month, I'll publicly support the "No confidence motion" against them.

It's clear that this board doesn't want to spend all the 222m from neymar on new players, They want to save a good chunk of it for their new stadium, He shouldn't be merciful with these incompetent imbecile.

How is it incompetent to want to spend some of the money on the stadium? It's the opposite, it's the responsible thing to do. Make sure the money is properly invested, don't just blow it on one or two players in a panic buy. I can't believe the amount of Barca fans who are happy for the club to be shaken down by Liverpool and Dortmund. Coutinho is not worth 150M. The club should not pay that.

akaranzo

I hope it isn't City. They are the same as PSG. Using their shaddy money to buy successes.

They will use the same tricks as PSG to pay the release clauses too, and bypass the FFP.

There are already rumors in french medias that City, and PSG are already in war of who ha sthe biggest p*nis. Even Lyon's President Aulas, who's also a member of the FFP/ECA committee said that "the other EU clubs don't want the market to become a war between City, and PSG". (two days ago, in a LeMonde interview)

That's why I tend to believe the rumors, because Aulas had to be aware of something to say that.

City, and PSG can go to hell.

If he has to go to Premier League I would prefer it be Liverpool. Because they have the best fans out in football world. And also because I hate Manchester United, City (Arab Money) and Chelsea(Money club) and I don't want him to rot in Arsenal with Wenger.

Well I just like City because of Pep and the football they play. They're by far my favourites in the PL because of that. I don't really care about the money aspect and while I understand the disliking that you guys have towards that, most football clubs will be like that in the future so soon you'd have a LOT of clubs to hate.

slvtn

If he has to go to Premier League I would prefer it be Liverpool. Because they have the best fans out in football world.

Would make sense. We wanted Verratti and lost Neymar to PSG, we want Coutinho and would possible lose Messi to Liverpool. Although I like Liverpool.
Not only it would be the biggest transfer in the history of football, it would also turn FC Barcelona into the biggest joke in football history. Wanting to buy key players and fail trying is nothing special. Wanting key players, fail and losing key players at the same time would show anyone the inability of the clubs responsives. Even if we lose Messi for god knows how much money, no will take the club serious anymore and will try to screw them.
I still have a bit of hope left we get at least one of our aimed targets which is hopefully not di Maria. I don't care if he's good or not, but second hand Real Madrid players simply don't belong here.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
How is it incompetent to want to spend some of the money on the stadium? It's the opposite, it's the responsible thing to do. Make sure the money is properly invested, don't just blow it on one or two players in a panic buy. I can't believe the amount of Barca fans who are happy for the club to be shaken down by Liverpool and Dortmund. Coutinho is not worth 150M. The club should not pay that.

:goodpost:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi loves Barca, I doubt he would leave for free next summer. If he is sick and tired of this board he might still leave after signing the contract extension, so that we can make some money out of it.

Lomar1o

Unless Messi feels and is told that he is not needed anymore, that he contributes less than is expected from him, he will never leave just because he is fed up with the problems.

raskolnikov

This board will do Messi like the piggs did boxer in Animal farm if they get the chance.
Messi needs to use his power to pressure the socio's in voting them out.
It would save us and make him an even bigger legend imo.

Garrus

It's incompetence, Because this 220m is a sign of sporting failure but in the form of big pile of cash, Losing the 2nd best player in the world, Who was supposed to lead barca in the years to come, And lose him near his peak, Is again, A SPORTING FAILURE, And you don't come and use the money obtained from such failure and use part of it for non-sporting reasons, Like a stadium, I shouldn't have to explain just how disingenuous and shady that is, And it'll be nothing but a clear indication that sporting success isn't the number one priority for our club.

None of us is happy or satisfied for paying these absurd prices, If we had the ease of mind and assurances that this 220m in it's entirety will still eventually go into purchasing talented players but not until next year for example where the prices will cool-down, Then none of us will have a problem.
But here's the kicker, You can hardly find anyone who truly trusts this board to do such a thing, Most of us know that if this 220m doesn't get spent right in front of us in this window, Then a good chunk of it will never see the light of day or us, And it'll be diverted to thing such as a new stadium.

There're more than free in investing in a new stadium, They're welcome to do so by finding new sponsorship deals, And other means of income to get it done, But not with this 220m, We already put the majority of blame on the greed of neymar and his father, Fine, But this board better make sure that every cent of that money goes into improving the squad, Right in front of us, NOW, Only a sucker will trust them with this money beyond this transfer window.

Last edited:

Adversus

Plus Messi is now 30. If Barca don't spend the money this window how many more years do people think Messi has. I wouldn't be surprised if Messi wanted to leave if that happened.

Home of Barca Fans