10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Hardy

saw some stats on CL website, he ran about 25-30 km less than Salah and Ronaldo in the whole tournament, not surprised at all. What surprise me is the stats about fastest speed, it's pretty shit, just 28 km/h, Ronaldo 31, Salah 33. Messi aged badly athletically confirmed.

Barca83

Banned
That's why he was MOTM against Madrid in December or scored against Atletico.

If you didn't notice Real can win league games without Ronaldo who is rested almost every week while if Messi or Suarez don't perform Barca doesn't score.

If Ronaldo has an off night in CL Real still wins, if Messi disappears Barca concedes 3 goals against the 4th best Italian team.

-Messi had an off night in the first leg vs Roma yet Barca still won 4-1
-We also dominated in Turin in the group stages and got a 0-0 without Messi starting

Barca83

Banned
Madrid midfield is also so overrated; I can't believe people here were saying Kroos/Modric are like Xavi/Iniesta and giving them all the credit for Ronaldo outshining Messi in CL recent years. Yet another big game today where their midfield gets outclassed.

KingLeo10

Madrid midfield is also so overrated; I can't believe people here were saying Kroos/Modric are like Xavi/Iniesta and giving them all the credit for Ronaldo outshining Messi in CL recent years. Yet another big game today where their midfield gets outclassed.

where did madrid's midfield get outclassed? :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No one are saying that.

Real Madrid won against Bayern without CR ever being mentioned in the game. Why? Because they play hard and got a great allround team. Barca had to get a half-injured Messi in the game to save a point against Sevilla.

We never dominated Juventus in Turin, that's simply not true. They had more chances than us and more shots + shots on target.

And we needed two own goals vs Roma to win 4-2 and Messi was still among the better players that night.

Givenchy

midfield gets outclassed = Ronaldo is totally impotent, theres a pattern.

no midfielder can really compare to Xavi and Iniesta but Modric-Kroos has been the best midfield by alot recently

vlad

saw some stats on CL website, he ran about 25-30 km less than Salah and Ronaldo in the whole tournament, not surprised at all. What surprise me is the stats about fastest speed, it's pretty shit, just 28 km/h, Ronaldo 31, Salah 33. Messi aged badly athletically confirmed.

And then there is a plan how messi will playin midfield when he gets older, with such a workrate no chance, barca will suffer, watching ronaldo yesterdsy, he didnt offer anything in attack but he has amazing workrate which is so underrated, 94'minute and he is running on his own half to take the ball

Messi needs to do something about his performances otherwise we will always wait for that moment of brilliance and if that doesnt happen, barca will play with 10 players, big teams doesnt have much problem to block him when he has such a workrate, which is sad considering talent he has

MTL_Barca

That doesn't say much, these stats highly depend on how you play. Liverpool has a lot of counter attacks, and Madrid also does counter more than us. And in both teams these are the players that are running for the ball in these situations and that's where they reach top speed. We don't counter much (we could've vs Roma but Valverde was too scared heh) and often Messi is the playmaker from the center and not in a position to just run for passes.

Ofc Cristiano and Salah are very fast, probably faster than Messi but these stats are no proof imo. I also don't see a big problem here, running without ball was never his biggest strength. He shines with his acceleration and ball control, not necessarily with his top speed.

The running distance has been a problem for years now, but we don't know how much of that is because he can't do more and how much it's about his role. Coaches seem to free him from defense, because he can't do more? Or because they rely so much on him as a playmaker and goalscorer that they give him this freedom where players like Salah or Cristiano don't have to get the ball from their own box?

vlad

How come big teams these days dont have problem to block messi whole match? Its clearly due to lack of movement from messi, and that is a big problem

Home of Barca Fans