10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Hardy

can't even shot on target on these days, and now Juventus and Valencia away are coming :lol:, :rip: to his scoring

Ripsta

Problem is it happens quite often, quite recently in the latter stages of Europe too.

Messi bad standards are usually half decent in comparison to everyone else, but that's not enough when you're gunning for titles, particularly when he possess god like footballing ability.

The bigger (glaring) problem is Suarez, he needs to go, don't care if he scored two goals today or that he's bum chums with Messi, when he plays Messi looks half the player.

It was a night and day difference once he played up more up front.

That was because Leganes opened up and left tons of space for our midfield to find Messi free in the final third. He played up front for large portions of the first half, but was either marked out of the game or the midfield couldn't get him the ball.

Horatio

You're welcome
That was because Leganes opened up and left tons of space for our midfield to find Messi free in the final third. He played up front for large portions of the first half, but was either marked out of the game or the midfield couldn't get him the ball.

I thought he moved up to Suarez' spot and Suarez more wide.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Beyond awful. Before the international break Messi was not playing well either. His insane form from the beginning of the season is gone for sure. Maybe he is tired.

Givenchy

he was poor today but hes surrounded by utter shit for the most part its gotta be said, probably gets tired of bailing us out time after time. i just want to see a fixed starting 11 from Valverde with Messi down the centre but ofcourse he won't bench Suarez..

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think he just needs 2 wingers either side of him and not 2 strikers. As simple as that.

I would move him back to RW for the next matches. At the moment he is not moving enough to play in the center. We also have problems on the right flank because Semedo is too isolated, Suarez could play the lone striker role again and another winger on the left side.
Messi would drift in the middle anyways but right now I would put him as RW on paper.

M

MessiCam

I would move him back to RW for the next matches. At the moment he is not moving enough to play in the center. We also have problems on the right flank because Semedo is too isolated, Suarez could play the lone striker role again and another winger on the left side.
Messi would drift in the middle anyways but right now I would put him as RW on paper.
It’s Valverde’s fault that both Semedo and Alba are isolated because he persists with these narrow 2 striker systems. Messi will never play on the wing again because his drifting centrally causes a defensive nightmare. Valverde moved him to a False 9 in the beginning to avoid that issue and it worked wonderfully. When it became apparent that Suárez couldn’t play as a wide forward he changed it to accommodate Suárez and in the process sacrificing Messi who is playing deeper and deeper as the games go by. This is where we’re at at the moment.

Neeraj

It's crazy how we're sacrificing the GOAT to fit an overweight striker who is in complete decline. Unbelievable.

Home of Barca Fans