10 - Lionel Messi - v5

BBZ8800

You repeat this ad nauseam but fail to include that the very Rakitic (15/16 - 16/17 - 17/18) was part of the midfield that failed so horribly in the Champions League for you as well as Gomes (16/17 - PSG pummeled him). So your theory is not working either... This past season was probably the worst Barcelona has looked in the Champions League in many, many years. Scored only 17 goals of which 5 were own goals. 6 of the other 12 were scored by the very player you're criticising while the physically and mentally strong, tough willed striker which you say needs to play in front of Messi has contributed a grand total of 4 goals in the last 2 campaigns.

My theory is that:
1. you need at least 1 physical midfielder, let's say that we have one in Rakitic
2. my point is further that you need a versatile attack (finishing, heading, longshots and possession/counters/crosses). We don't have that
3. also, none of our 3 attackers can defend

So, we are a physically weak, onedimensional (attacking wise) team, with only plan to pass to Messi, and on top we aren't 100% mentally strong and motivated as some others.

Luis Suarez isn't actually my dream striker anymore.
He can barely use his feet, he can't dribble, and we almost never cross to him.
So, no again.

Demog

Feel bad for Messi being part of this atrocious Argentine team and such a rubbish manager. I wonder if he'll retire from the NT for good this time. Personally I hope not (although Barca fans may disagree), I still believe he can achieve success for his country IF they can sort themselves out.

ab739

it's ridiculous how the things have changed,everywhere and from everyone i'm hearing nothing but insulting,mocking,disparging and hate comments towards leo,it's like no one even takes him as a great player except us here.

Those are the Ronaldo fans crawling out of the woodwork when their boy is going through the best moment in his career. These are the same people who say "Argentina has a better team the portugal" to sh*t on messi and when Portugal eventually gets BTFO'd fall back on that to tell us how Ronaldo has no help

Adversus

it's ridiculous how the things have changed,everywhere and from everyone i'm hearing nothing but insulting,mocking,disparging and hate comments towards leo,it's like no one even takes him as a great player except us here.

The inconvenient truth is that he's not the same Messi that won four ballon d'ors in a row and hasn't been the same since Barca played him against PSG with a torn hamstring.

That Messi was the GOAT but today he's just a very good player however not one who is good enough to make up for that Argentina team who have to be one of the most unbalanced squads ever to go to a world cup. All or their attackers are world class yet they can barely find a decent player in any other position.

Although Pele was probably the GOAT. He won 3 world cups, got kicked out of the other and scored as many club goals as Messi. There's very few videos of him but his highlight reel from just the 70 World Cup is better than most world class player's careers.

Last edited:

Devils

I don't think he should quit the national team.

Stay with it until the next copa and world cup and by then he will be the right age to retire.

MessiTBE

Banned
I have chance to calm down from game and my feeling toward Messi is he will never be Argentina, never true Argentina, he is Spanish not Argentina. He should play for Spain maybe he actually try then.

whole country is criticise Messi and he deserve it.

Go and retire like last time because we know you don't care about us

Flavius

The inconvenient truth is that he's not the same Messi that won four ballon d'ors in a row and hasn't been the same since Barca played him against PSG with a torn hamstring.

That Messi was the GOAT but today he's just a very good player however not one who is good enough to make up for that Argentina team who have to be one of the most unbalanced squads ever to go to a world cup. All or their attackers are world class yet they can barely find a decent player in any other position.

Although Pele was probably the GOAT. He won 3 world cups, got kicked out of the other and scored as many club goals as Messi. There's very few videos of him but his highlight reel from just the 70 World Cup is better than most world class player's careers.

Sorry but 2015 Messi was so epic! Last year when we actually had a good midfield.

Devils

I have chance to calm down from game and my feeling toward Messi is he will never be Argentina, never true Argentina, he is Spanish not Argentina. He should play for Spain maybe he actually try then.

I have a hard time believing this.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

You don’t deserve him so yeah I hope he retires too.

Argentina wouldn’t have even been playing yesterday if it weren’t for Leo.

Flavius

Are you 12 yo or what?

M

MessiCam

My theory is that:
1. you need at least 1 physical midfielder, let's say that we have one in Rakitic
I know this already but having there hasn't worked. And neither has Gomes who under Lucho played in his place regularly
2. my point is further that you need a versatile attack (finishing, heading, longshots and possession/counters/crosses). We don't have that
It is difficult to counter when you're playing with 4 CM's (which you wanted) like Barca did for the majority of the campaign while the guy who can counter magnificently is despised due to his lack of defensive contribution. Barca's problem for me is not a lack of versatility per se but rather the lack of a ball playing midfielders to dominate. When the midfield can dominate games then creating chances through crosses, counters, longshots etc etc fixes itself.
3. also, none of our 3 attackers can defend
I admit that this is an issue but the only solution is to drop one of Messi or Suarez and play wings who track back. Dembele can learn that skill much like Deulofeu did with his work rate.

So, we are a physically weak, onedimensional (attacking wise) team, with only plan to pass to Messi, and on top we aren't 100% mentally strong and motivated as some others.
Once you have a midfield that can dominate then this fixes itself. It doesn't have to be Batista like players and it doesn't have to be tiny players either. What is needed is good ball players regardless of shape or form but at the moment 90% of the ball players are relatively small in stature.

Luis Suarez isn't actually my dream striker anymore.
He can barely use his feet, he can't dribble, and we almost never cross to him.
So, no again.
An out and out striker or target man would be a good option off the bench but even they're hard to come by these days. Strikers, as Gabriel Jesus explained, are expected to be more associative in their play. They all come off the shoulder of the defenders now to play in between the lines. Low blocks have made sure of that.

The only striker I can say that's the exception rather than the rule now is Lewandowski.

Home of Barca Fans