10 - Lionel Messi - v5

I'm sure Messi itching to continue playing with the likes of grandpa Iniesta, backpass Rakitic, fat Suarez, Paco, Gomes and fucking Vidal. Half this team consists of players that have no business being near a club like FC Barcelona.

Givenchy

I'm sure Messi itching to continue playing with the likes of grandpa Iniesta, backpass Rakitic, fat Suarez, Paco, Gomes and fucking Vidal. Half this team consists of players that have no business being near a club like FC Barcelona.

pretty much this.. the only brightness in our future right now is Dembele, Stegen, Umtiti and possibly Alena

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

However, Leo was the one who pushed the board for fatass's contract renewal! If what the rat-face says is true and Leo really has agreed to renew and all that's left is signing on the contract - the only thing that would have brought about sort of unwillingness to sign on it is the board not being able to convinse Neymar to stay!!

Unfortunately for us Neymar's replacement is out injured and won't return until Leo is free from the clutches of his current contract. We and Leo can't yet decide if he's a worthy successor of the player he has replaced

PS: Sid Lowe's take on the contract situation
Oh man that's scary! He says that it was the board's plan to renew Neymar and Suarez first to convinse Leo to stay and not the other way around

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

However, Leo was the one who pushed the board for fatass's contract renewal! If what the rat-face says is true and Leo really has agreed to renew and all that's left is signing on the contract - the only thing that would have brought about sort of unwillingness to sign on it is the board not being able to convinse Neymar to stay!!

Unfortunately for us Neymar's replacement is out injured and won't return until Leo is free from the clutches of his current contract. We and Leo can't yet decide if he's a worthy successor of the player he has replaced

PS: Sid Lowe's take on the contract situation
Oh man that's scary! He says that it was the board's plan to renew Neymar and Suarez first to convinse Leo to stay and not the other way around

From that Sid Lowe piece...

New Barca manager Ernesto Valverde must find a solution and entrusting everything to the Argentine forward is not it, tempting though it is. There is a difference between getting the best out of a player, playing toward him, and leaving him to play for you. Valverde knows that, so does Messi.

The exact opposite is happening now. Messi is playing for Valverde, Suarez and fucking Paco now.

A crock of shit if ever there was...

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
From that Sid Lowe piece...

The exact opposite is happening now. Messi is playing for Valverde, Suarez and fucking Paco now.

A crock of shit if ever there was...

Does look like it, especially the last month when the efficiency of Leo has taken a hit as a result of relieving him of false 9 duty! But using Leo as a false 9 has been the phase when we had witnessed the most of messidependencia, where he would have to do all on his own, 2012-13 is a perfect example. 2010-11 also had Messi plyin false 9 but we still had Villa and Pedro performing at their peaks then!

M

MessiCam

Does look like it, especially the last month when the efficiency of Leo has taken a hit as a result of relieving him of false 9 duty! But using Leo as a false 9 has been the phase when we had witnessed the most of messidependencia, where he would have to do all on his own, 2012-13 is a perfect example. 2010-11 also had Messi plyin false 9 but we still had Villa and Pedro performing at their peaks then!

Apologies in advance if this comes across as condescending but this "False 9 Messidependencia" thing is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever come across. Nobody can do it on their own and if Messi is involved in, say, 70% of the teams goals then the team have done well to create these opportunities for him or he has done well to create opportunities for the team. vis a vis... As Sid Lowe states, "the team playing toward him."

I really don't like this Messidependencia term. I think it's stupid... Who wouldn't use the best player to ever grace the pitch to the best of his abilities?

I think failure to get the best out of him would be a travesty of epic proportions. Valverde is well on his way though... How he's managed to fuck up Messi's best ever start to a season is quite astonishing to be honest.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Apologies in advance if this comes across as condescending but this "False 9 Messidependencia" thing is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever come across. Nobody can do it on their own and if Messi is involved in, say, 70% of the teams goals then the team have done well to create these opportunities for him or he has done well to create opportunities for the team. vis a vis... As Sid Lowe states, "the team playing toward him."

I really don't like this Messidependencia term. I think it's stupid... Who wouldn't use the best player to ever grace the pitch to the best of his abilities?

I think failure to get the best out of him would be a travesty of epic proportions. Valverde is well on his way though... How he's managed to fuck up Messi's best ever start to a season is quite astonishing to be honest.

Playing Leo as false 9, thereby having a completely useless player in Suarez, it's like starting with a player less! We would end up burning Leo out and not havng the best player fit enough in the business end of the season, which would be beyond foolish!

Bringing Suarez into form and having him perform well, who's not exactly a run of the mill jackshit player, would make the best player's life that much easier. And we won't have him burnt out during the business end of the season which we very much did quite a lot of times already btw!

I never said that playing Leo as false 9 was not the best thing, I myself mentioned 2010-11 season when we were one of the most dominant teams! But it would only make sense if we have the wide forwards performing well and we are not completely depending on Leo to provide the spark. And having Suarez not performing but still starting makes sure we do the exact same thing! It would only make sense if Suarez is completely benched and Denis Suarez or a Jose Arnaiz are integrated into the first team with them performing well.

M

MessiCam

Playing Leo as false 9, thereby having a completely useless player in Suarez, it's like starting with a player less! We would end up burning Leo out and not havng the best player fit enough in the business end of the season, which would be beyond foolish!

Bringing Suarez into form and having him perform well, who's not exactly a run of the mill jackshit player, would make the best player's life that much easier. And we won't have him burnt out during the business end of the season which we very much did quite a lot of times already btw!

I never said that playing Leo as false 9 was not the best thing, I myself mentioned 2010-11 season when we were one of the most dominant teams! But it would only make sense if we have the wide forwards performing well and we are not completely depending on Leo to provide the spark. And having Suarez not performing but still starting makes sure we do the exact same thing! It would only make sense if Suarez is completely benched and Denis Suarez or a Jose Arnaiz are integrated into the first team with them performing well.

Lol. Starting Suarez anywhere on current form is like starting with a player less.

This is where we're at... We're playing a 2 striker system with Messi deep. This off the bat already leaves us 2 creative players (wingers) short while at the same time taking away, to a large extent, our biggest scoring threat in Messi. Now I could maybe understand all this if the 2 strikers were performing but 18 competitive games into the season, I repeat 18 games, and we're no closer to seeing Suarez return to "this" form. I won't let 2 rebound goals fool me into believing otherwise considering he is still unable to make basic passes and his first touch has completely deserted him.

Messi, on the other hand, is now basically playing in the congestion of midfield (particularly the last 3 games) and this is evidenced by the fact that he has been dispossessed a lot more. So maybe you can explain to me just how Messi playing for Suarez and Paco is good for the team when on form alone, never mind reputation, it should be the other way around. I could easily make the argument that persisting with Suarez and Paco will be the cause of Messi burnout, if any, because there is just no assistance from them.

To compound matters further... Denis and Deulofeu on a per minute basis have outperformed these 2 in an attacking sense, especially in terms of creativity which we severely lack looking at our chance creation per possession stats, but yet they're warming the bench. But, even more concerning though, is where does Dembele fit in all this "bring Suarez back to form" nonsense? As I see it the only option is for Messi to play on the right wing and Dembele on the left wing but we know that's not going to happen because Messi has long since been an out and out winger and it causes all sorts of defensive issues.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi does not live in FM or media skewed British biased reality of internet fans.
Man City is nowhere near appealing as many would believe.

[tw]933363307611910147[/tw]

Man good times. I think we won that match against Sevilla 5-1 or something and Messi scored a hat trick to break the record. I also remember him breaking the CL scoring record just days later with another hat trick.

Magical season.

Home of Barca Fans