10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Very selective quote when you read the whole of what Rakitic was actually saying.

Full quote:

'Messi is part of the badge. I can't say 100% he's staying and I know that there are many fans who want to see that picture (Messi with the signed contract) and I do too. We want to have him with us because we enjoy a lot with him. There's still a lot we can do together.

This seems like a rather hopeful statement than a reassuring one.

xXKonan

Yeah the original quote from what I seen is.

"I was told everything is going well .I trust our president and Leo and I know that he wants to be with us, let's wait for his moment. I'm sure it will come."

The full quote makes it sound like Rakitic doesn't really know anything completely.

clemente

Who gives a shit if his contract ends in 7 months, wait until then and start panicking, I don't even understand why is he still here tbh, the players around him aren't worthy enough to be playing with him, this rat fuck degrad doesn't deserve ~400m for him anyway, can't wait till he walks to City for free.

xXKonan

Here's the full quote I found.

"I can't say 100 percent if he will stay or not. That's his decision and you have to respect what each person thinks or does. But what I can say is I see him the same as always. We haven't spoke about it, but we're confidence [he will stay]," Rakitic said.

"Leo's part of the badge. He is not just a very important player, he is more than that, looking at his career, how much he means for Barca.

"We know the fans want to see the picture, the handshake -- and I do, too. I want to play with Leo tomorrow, three years, five years in the future. The only thing we can say as teammates is that we want him to stay, he has all our support and we enjoy being with him.

"From what I have read and been told, things are going well. I have confidence in the president and in Leo and I know he wants to be with us."

JamDav1982

Who gives a shit if his contract ends in 7 months, wait until then and start panicking, I don't even understand why is he still here tbh, the players around him aren't worthy enough to be playing with him, this rat fuck degrad doesn't deserve ~400m for him anyway, can't wait till he walks to City for free.

Cant wait for him to go to City.

Yeah that seems about right from you.

Honest to fuck there are some amount of folk posing as Barca fans these days.

FCBfan22

I would be worried. Really worrried. All of the credible sources are saying that he isn't sure what to do, only Barto is somehow stating that he will stay for sure. As he did for Neymar.

FinBarcelonafan

Normally when teammates or coaches are asked about a player's contract situation they usually just give the politically correct answer of "I'm sure he'll stay". If Rakitic is signalling to the press that he has doubts about Messi staying imagine what's going on behind the scenes?

Things are not looking good right now, with this quote from Rakitic, Valverde dodging the question about whether Messi has renewed or not and sponsors wondering whether he will stay as well.

The only man that has said all is fine and finalized is the rat faced cunt Bartomeu, who for the life of him can't seem to find an available photographer to "formalize" the signing.

Bartomeu lied before as well, right? We can't trust his word. Why would it take this long to publish his new contract?

Raketa10

If he doesn’t renew this club is DEAD. Unbelievable what have they done, they allowed this situation where franchise player and GOAT player will run out of the contract in 6 months. YOU HAVE TO BE A TRUE IDIOT FOR THAT!

It’s also very strange that he has agreed contract terms and now he doesn’t want to sign. Maybe when Neymar left he decided that he will give this board some hard time.

That being said I am still 99% sure he is staying, he is just fucking with the board until they give him competitive squad since this one is far bellow the level he deserves. In the end I can see only one club where he could go and that’s City but my opinion is that this would be a mistake. Messi is FC Barcelona and Messi at City would be a blasphemy.

Rakitic also shouldn’t talk about things he doesn’t know shit about!

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

Messi doesn't care anywhere near as much about his remaining club career as to move his family to fucking Manchester at this point. That's probably one of the only things you can say with 100% certainty.

Givenchy

If he doesn’t renew this club is DEAD. Unbelievable what have they done, they allowed this situation where franchise player and GOAT player will run out of the contract in 6 months. YOU HAVE TO BE A TRUE IDIOT FOR THAT!

It’s also very strange that he has agreed contract terms and now he doesn’t want to sign. Maybe when Neymar left he decided that he will give this board some hard time.

That being said I am still 99% sure he is staying, he is just fucking with the board until they give him competitive squad since this one is far bellow the level he deserves. In the end I can see only one club where he could go and that’s City but my opinion is that this would be a mistake. Messi is FC Barcelona and Messi at City would be a blasphemy.

Rakitic also shouldn’t talk about things he doesn’t know shit about!

If we lose Messi to the PL its not only Barca dead.. la liga will also take a fucking huge hit. i don't agree with the 'Messi is stalling to pressure the board'. i thought that could be the case at first but it's silent from the Messi camp.. surely his team would be putting public pressure on Barto and co?

I think its 50/50 right now. on a personal level Messi gets a huge sign on fee, becomes the best paid player again, gets to work with Pep again and most of the ex-Barca board. the PL will help his brand expand and the hype will be unreal. pundits will be wanking themselves silly, its bad enough already :lol: the only con is living in Manchester and the UK with our shit weather.

imho theres more to the Neymar exit than we are being told.. this board is fucking poison, rotten to the core.

Barcilliant

I'm torn regarding this. Messi is an institution at this club. Would going to a plastic club like City really help his legacy? Legends like Totti and Buffon stayed at their clubs during tough times. Why wouldn't Messi?

There's alot more to this the meets the eye imo. I think Messi will wait till the last moment and see how the season pans out and the players the board will bring in. If the season ends badly there is no doubt he will leave.

I wouldn't want his legacy to be one of helping a plastic, oil club to win trophies.

Home of Barca Fans