10 - Lionel Messi - v5

FCBfan22

This is the team that Argentina should field against Nigeria IMO.

---------------Armani---------------
Mercado-Otamendi-Fazio-Taglifico
---------------Banega---------------
Salvio-------------------------Pavon
---------------Dybala---------------
------Messi------------Aguero------

Devils

Croatia will play with second team agains Iceland so they can still go trough.

Croatia have a ton of momentum and they aren't going to go out there to take it easy on Iceland. They will be playing for the win to keep up their form and momentum, as any team doing as well as them would.

That said, I'm not even convinced Argentina want this result. They look more ready to go home and be on vacation than they do wanting an even more pressurized match against Nigeria.

Hardy

It's all written in the stars, last match in world cup Messi scored was against Nigeria. It's time to redemption, come on fucker !

clemente

But what is wrong with his conditioning anyway? Someone like Lebron is 33 and is playing all 48 minutes, someone like Mandzukic, who is Messi age and is runing more than anyone in his team, always there to defend and attack. But since marathon runner Lucho joined, Messi can barely cover any distance, put on any pressure, he wasn't always like that, I expected in this world cup for him to go all out but he still isn't running at all...

Best case scenario for me is Messi putting Argentina on his back the next match, scoring a hat-trick, but ultimately drawing against Nigeria 3-3. That way people wouldn't be able to slander him and he'd go home with some dignity left. The narrative would be his teammates let him down again.

What will probably happen though is Argentina beating Nigeria 1-0 by some fluke goal, progressing to the Round of 16 where Kante pockets Messi and Argentina end up getting thrashed 6-0 or something similar to that. Would be a disaster.

FCBfan22

DgT6IuGVQAIiEiy.jpg:large

Alik

But what is wrong with his conditioning anyway? Someone like Lebron is 33 and is playing all 48 minutes, someone like Mandzukic, who is Messi age and is runing more than anyone in his team, always there to defend and attack. But since marathon runner Lucho joined, Messi can barely cover any distance, put on any pressure, he wasn't always like that, I expected in this world cup for him to go all out but he still isn't running at all...

Don't blame Lucho.

Messi was in the worst shape of his life with Patata.

Lucho gets back, Messi plays RW, we win treble and double.

Home of Barca Fans