10 - Lionel Messi - v5

booge

i absolutely love when he arrows shots in like that--like he did vs. Sevilla and Real and yesterday this season. Those finishes 'look' simple, but the ease with which he hits them only indicates a level of technical mastery few players can even dream of

I really believe the last ten years people have not appreciated the beauty of the goals. How well thought out they are and the finish is so deadly from so far out including the daisy cutting shots.

The ones where he links up with the 1-2's and also the solo efforts. They are a work of art and he must have atleast 250-300 stunning goals lmao where any legend bar R9 has probably around 50 at most.

It's laughable. Only Brazil Ronaldo can even come close in the terms of platinum goal collection.

Neymessi

Every time, every time he pulls a rabit out of his hat, which is like every other match, I have a sorry feeling after a breif period of ecstasy, that a player like him got his trophy and talent wasted and once again cr7 could win the bdor when messi is vastly superior.

People are in the end going to compare the bdor count and his 0 world cups belittle him.

GetIn

Every time, every time he pulls a rabit out of his hat, which is like every other match, I have a sorry feeling after a breif period of ecstasy, that a player like him got his trophy and talent wasted and once again cr7 could win the bdor when messi is vastly superior.

People are in the end going to compare the bdor count and his 0 world cups belittle him.

Comparing trophies and world cups are only good ways to compare players if they are of similar talent levels. Messi is so far above everybody else that he doesn't need titles to quantify his skill.

BarcaOG

Banned
I really believe the last ten years people have not appreciated the beauty of the goals. How well thought out they are and the finish is so deadly from so far out including the daisy cutting shots.

The ones where he links up with the 1-2's and also the solo efforts. They are a work of art and he must have atleast 250-300 stunning goals lmao where any legend bar R9 has probably around 50 at most.

It's laughable. Only Brazil Ronaldo can even come close in the terms of platinum goal collection.

i agree--there is a bias towards 'spectacular' goals--those players hit from far, or those long-shots (around the middle of the pitch) that catch keepers off-guard. those do look great but they depend on: 1. luck (ie poor goalkeeping positioning) and 2. tons of repetition--for every 30 yard banger that goes in, there are probably hundreds and hundreds of scuffed efforts that hit the stands. the types of goals messi scores (with such consistency too) don't 'look' as great but require far more technical ability and vision

Ripsta

Messi needs to take more free kicks like the one yesterday. He did the same Vs Atletico(?) earlier in the season, hit the underside of the crossbar. Sheer power, not to dissimilar to that pen Vs Valencia.

behindbrowneyes

Thiago :lol:
tumblr_oqnsztOuXg1w3850oo1_1280.jpg

GetIn

I strongly believe that a large part of Messi's resurgence in the second half of the 2014-15 season was due to improvements in diet and training.

Take these two pictures for example:

lionel-messiii-660x330.jpg

1. During the first part of the season

1433015902922_lc_galleryImage_Football_Athletic_Bilbao_.JPG

2. During the CDR final in May

Notice the sheer differnce in body fat between those two photos? Honestly looks like a different person. It will be key for him to use this rare free summer to improve his diet via his nutritionist's advice, conditioning and to stay fit.

Well what difference does it make anymore nowadays....

There is no way to guess his fitness anymore by looking at his face with that monstrosity of a beard!

:redbeard:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans