10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Windhook

I bet he was sick yesterday and if it wasn't for the pill (whatever it was) he would have vomited again. I don't believe it's glucose. Glucose is good source of energy, but in the 9th minute (the scoreboard)? Really?

Anyway it is bad PR action. The anti-doping agency will be all over Messi in future games. Not that the agency really ever let him go, he's been tested hundred times.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Read that was glucose and that helps him stop the vomiting. Also that it's not uncommon in South America.

Ritchie

Overplaying Messi so he is deadtired come april again is a mistake that happens every season. Exceot this year it doesnt really matter since we are not even going to be challenging for cl.
Psg, Bayern, Real, City are all better. We are in that outsider bracket with United, Chelsea, Spurs, Juve, Atletico and Liverpool.

The Prem teams are now stronger than Barca other than Liverpool. Messi is the only leveller

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
My gut tell me that our Messidependencia got worse, not better, compared to before. In the past we have relied on Messi to score goals with creating and assisting being his side job (and he did really well) as we had very good players in the midfield and up front to create chances and score as well. Nowadays we rely on Messi to be pretty much the sole goal scorer and creator of chances. You take away Messi our firepower is gone and we can’t score goals. Very worrying.

Horatio

You're welcome
My gut tell me that our Messidependencia got worse, not better, compared to before. In the past we have relied on Messi to score goals with creating and assisting being his side job (and he did really well) as we had very good players in the midfield and up front to create chances and score as well. Nowadays we rely on Messi to be pretty much the sole goal scorer and creator of chances. You take away Messi our firepower is gone and we can’t score goals. Very worrying.

I disagree. I think the epitome of Messidepencia was reached first half of the previous season.
The teams seems to be able to create chances now, but we lack finishers apart from Messi.

Last edited:

Windhook

I disagree, too. Yesterday was a good example of teamplay. And it has a lot to do with the benching of the disasters Andre Gomes and Rakitic are.

M

MessiCam

Wait for Dembele to start firing. He is not a natural goal scorer like Neymar but he'll score some... What he is really good at is creating chances. This team will seem infinitely better the second he is up to speed.

henias

I disagree as well. The team looks better than when they were during the late MSN era, and is starting to look more like during Pep's days. We just lack finishers and direct wingers - something Dembele would have to fill in the gap. It was worse with Neymar because he starts to play less like a direct winger and more of a playmaker. And considering Messi is also a playmaker, it results in both of them hogging the ball alot, and kills off the rapid passing and patience buildup we once had.

Tactically, we are definitely looking much much better, it's just the poor players selection and the lack thereof, that makes it hard to execute and achieve the end product.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Messidependencia is definitely at its peak right now. We had neymar last season and a much better suarez than we have now. We are fresh and have been facing mediocre teams lately and our overall play isn't that great. The midfield is still a problem.

Messi is definitely the only thing keeping us together right now.

Windhook

It was worse with Neymar because he starts to play less like a direct winger and more of a playmaker. And considering Messi is also a playmaker, it results in both of them hogging the ball alot, and kills off the rapid passing and patience buildup we once had.

I agree. Neymar used to come up when all defense was focused on Messi and it worked sometimes. But what really made me mad about Neymar was his fuck ups when 1 on 1 with the GK. It was a disaster overall, Neymar was one of the worst finishers in the squad, scoring about 1 out 4-5 chances each game. You have to be more clinical when you consider yourself a candidate for the Balon d'Or. That's what CR7 has been doing in the past 4 years basically, he is useless in any other area.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messidependencia is definitely at its peak right now. We had neymar last season and a much better suarez than we have now. We are fresh and have been facing mediocre teams lately and our overall play isn't that great. The midfield is still a problem.

Messi is definitely the only thing keeping us together right now.

We are depending on Messi. Now even more thsn before. But it needs to be said that we are missing Dembele and could be signing another player this winter.

Home of Barca Fans