Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 14096

Thread: 10 - Lionel Messi

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    the 23m bonus is pre-tax while the loan is after-tax.
    Yeah I understand that but did they mention why Messi asked for the loan in the first place? What was it for?

Either way I am not happy with Messi not paying back the loan owed to the club but had the club forfeit it by giving him a bonus (what is it for?), IF TRUE. Sounds like another way to force the club's hands.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    All I care is whether or not he goes to jail.
    This. However, I couldn't care less if his greedy father or his gun-loving brothers get to pick up the soap though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    So it basically means our club and Messi are safe (without any legal troubles) but the LMF is a charade?

They most likely do a lot of charity too but it's unethical as fuck to use it to your own benefit at the same time. Gives bad rep for all charities around the world which only makes the people who are being helped by different charities suffer. But at the same time a lot of NGO's are even right now human trafficking people from Tripoli to Italy. Honestly, don't want to give any money to charity anymore.
    Last edited by Albo; 12th January 2018 at 11:38 PM.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo View Post
    They most likely do a lot of charity too but it's unethical as fuck to use it to your own benefit at the same time. Gives bad rep for all charities around the world which only makes the people who are being helped by different charities suffer. A lot of NGO's are even right now human trafficking people from Tripoli to Italy.
    '
    Yeah, again IF TRUE, the fact that the LMF had not published its annual reports until it was forced to casts a very bad smell.

They need to stop all this BS. Fuck.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I understand that but did they mention why Messi asked for the loan in the first place?

Either way I am not happy with Messi not paying back the loan owed to the club but had the club forfeit it by giving him a bonus (what is it for?), IF TRUE. Sounds like another way to milk the club.
    Yes, Messi doesn't want to pay the amount of money necessary to avoid the trial.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    Yes, Messi doesn't want to pay the amount of money necessary to avoid the trial.
    Oh I see, the 12m was for the tax penalty that he paid to the Spanish authorities? So in the end our club footed the bill.

Sigh.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, again IF TRUE, the fact that the LMF had not published its annual reports until it was forced to casts a very bad smell.

They need to stop all this BS. Fuck.
    Yeah it's shady as fuck. What makes me wonder is why Messi didn't want to pay the amount the tax reps asked him to pay? Maybe he has consulted more lawyers and they think that the blame won't fall on Leo himself. Barca of course want to avoid any bad publicity and this is why they most likely paid it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see, the 12m was for the tax penalty that he paid to the Spanish authorities? So in the end our club footed the bill.

Sigh.
    Yeah disgusting as fuck.

Still I don't know if Leo is safe, the post on reddit says that after he paid the 12m to the tax agency he should be fine while l'espresso says they could still go after him.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh. Already I see many people, especially Real Madrid fans and Ronaldo fans feeling smug and celebrating the whole thing and seizing upon this opportunity to paint Messi as a shady, self-centered prick who would do anything to get away with not paying taxes and doing the right thing. Yesterday morning people lauded him as a hero for his performance in the Celta game and this morning people call him names for the alleged stuff that came out. What a difference 24 hours make.

I am waiting for more stuff to come out, Messi and his entourage need to come out and make a statement.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh. Already I see many people, especially Real Madrid fans and Ronaldo fans feeling smug and celebrating the whole thing and seizing upon this opportunity to paint Messi as a self-center prick who would do anything to get away with not paying taxes and doing the right thing. Yesterday morning people lauded him as a hero for his performance in the Celta game and this morning people call him names for the alleged stuff that came out. What a difference 24 hours make.

I am waiting for more stuff to come out, Messi and his entourage need to come out and make a statement.
    Their squad is filled with tax evaders Ronaldo included. They were even ready to push Rajoy to be more lenient on the Messi tax case. Don't really see how they can be celebrating.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    This. However, I couldn't care less if his greedy father or his gun-loving brothers get to pick up the soap though.
    I'd lock them myself, especially his greedy father. It would be much better now if he had been arrested before the renewing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo View Post
    Their squad is filled with tax evaders Ronaldo included. They were even ready to push Rajoy to be more lenient on the Messi tax case. Don't really see how they can be celebrating.
    Those are madrid fans you are talking about
    World best know hypocrites

Don't wanna talk about Modrić and his contribution to the cases going on in Croatia

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Those are madrid fans you are talking about
    World best know hypocrites

Don't wanna talk about Modrić and his contribution to the cases going on in Croatia
    Modric's hearings in the Mamic case are absolutely incredible. How can a man with such a messed up memory become one of world's best midfielders.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never understood people who earn tens of millions and always try to cheat with taxes. I mean yes footballers try to secure their life after career is over, but superstars like Messi and Ronaldo have earned more then they could ever spend already some time ago. Is it really that important to do shady stuff and earn 100 million per year instead of being honest and earning 50. Why risk everything...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s difficult for anybody to judge this situation without knowing the relevant tax laws. Tax avoidance is very different to tax evasion.

That said everybody tries to minimise taxes... This is especially true for the wealthy due to sheer sums of money involved.
    Last edited by MessiCam; 13th January 2018 at 08:58 AM.