10 - Lionel Messi - v5

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Have a feeling this upcoming season is going to be one of his greatest seasons for Barca in his career where he'll reinvent himself again.

Don't know why, but I have a really good feeling about this season which I didn't have for our last few ones. This is despite the club potentially making some bad deals in the rest of the transfer window in my eyes(Rabiot and Willian).

Last edited:

kollegah

Have a feeling this upcoming season is going to be one of his greatest seasons for Barca in his career where he'll reinvent himself again.

Don't know why, but I have a really good feeling about this season which I didn't have for our last few ones. This is despite the club potentially making some bad deals in the rest of the transfer window in my eyes(Rabiot and Willian).

impossible for him to rach 2009-2011 levels. But I would sign immediately if he would have his 2015 form back

no way he's going to improve.

he's slower, older and lazier then he's ever been. can't expect him to come back like 2015. in 2015 he was still only 27 years old in his absolute physical prime.

beaten, worn down messi is not making a comeback. doesn't have the physical capabilities for it.

he will still be world class, but we don't need him to be the goat every match, i would gladly accept a few less la liga goals if it means he will be more DECISIVE.

he needs to swallow his pride and ego and play no more than 25 la liga matches this season. but in the matches he does play he needs to give it 100% and constantly work. this will help him in the CL matches immensely.

CL coming home next season.

2010 Messi WC heart break

2011 Barcelona CL winners

2014 Messi WC heart break

2015 Barcelona CL winners

2018 Messi WC heart break

2019 ???

Saladin

CL coming home next season.

2010 Messi WC heart break

2011 Barcelona CL winners

2014 Messi WC heart break

2015 Barcelona CL winners

2018 Messi WC heart break

2019 ???

Please don't assrape us with 'it's coming home' jinx posts before pre-season has even started :lol:

Agree with your post, though. He has been on fire after every WC disappointment and hopefully will turn on the heat with Coutinho, Dembélé and Suarez up front.

soul24rage

I'll take it if it means we also win the league more often than not. We could not win the Copa for the next 10 years and I wouldn't care

Yeah we really need to sort out our priorities straight. Give the Copa to the young players/fringe 1st team players and focus only on the CL and La Liga

CatalinR10

2019 Barcelona CL Winners

2022 Messi World Cup heart break

2023 Barcelona CL Winners

nah man , messi will clearly win the wc at 35

giphy.gif

Mitchell1978

impossible for him to rach 2009-2011 levels. But I would sign immediately if he would have his 2015 form back

his best years were 10-11, 11-12,12-13 and 14-15 with 14-15 his most complete season, 09-10 while still great isn't among his top 5 seasons

Last edited:

qwer12345

Wtf is wrong with the people in this thread? Messi in La Liga last season - most goals, most assists, most chances created, most successful dribbles. "He needs to come back stronger", "he is finished, old and lazy" loooooool. What more do you expect from him? To score 10 goals per game? Because was leading in every single important statistic in a league with goal scorers like Ronaldo, Suarez, Griezmann and world class midfielders like Modric,Kroos etc and that is not enough for you. How much better do you want him to be lol. I think he missed just one game and we lost our unbeaten run in that game. In CL he scored important goals too. Yes, he had off game against Roma and we went out - it happens. Please lower your unreal expectations.. he had outstanding season. Honestly, I'm expecting him to be worse because his numbers were just crazy

Home of Barca Fans