10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Yannik

Edit: if there is a record for most assists for a single European club then Messi, would be there among the top too, only surpassed by the likes of giggs and perhaps other few.

assists are only counted since like 25 years, and I can't think of anyone with such a tally so that'd definitely be his record.

Giginho75

wonderful touch between the two villarreal defenders before to score...
it looked he was jumping on a train of metro in the same moment of the doors closing :-D

Last edited:

Albo

Suarez is almost always fucking up the plays Messi sets him up. No wonder he passes to Alba all the time because at least then something useful will happen.

Ritchie

Completely agree with you.
Sadly, that's because we live in a World where the majority of people are blinded idiots (or money corrupted).

Yes, but it is what it is.

It's okay saying we know better but most people are ignorant. Then you'll get future generations who didn't see both play regularly.

It's tragic but that's what's happened and it only get worse. Everything goes Ronaldo's way and Messi is having to do it all on his own for club and country. An impossible task. World Cup and another Ballon D'or are a pipe dream at the moment. The only way he can realistically win another B'Dor is if Barca somehow win the CL in the next few years. The Premier League is getting stronger though and these teams are becoming harder to beat. That's in addition to PSG, Bayern, Juve and Real who get all the luck.

Last edited:

Ripsta

Ronaldo's now 4 goals behind him this season in all competitions, it was double figures 6 weeks ago.

Messi's form has dropped off drastically, and it's partly his fault along with Suarez's addition to the side again.

His 'play where I want' attitude only works if he keeps it in the oppositions half, instead he drops far too deep, and when he does get chances he simply feels the need to pass it off rather than be selfish and go for goal himself.

Either Valverde needs to drop Suarez making Messi the 'false 9' again, or have a word with Messi and stop him dropping so fucking deep.

blaugrana1987

Gets announced as best playmaker in a world (by record distance, 10x more pts then Ronaldo), scores most goals this season/year = not best player in the world.

Logically, this cannot be the case.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ronaldo's now 4 goals behind him this season in all competitions, it was double figures 6 weeks ago.

Messi's form has dropped off drastically, and it's partly his fault along with Suarez's addition to the side again.

His 'play where I want' attitude only works if he keeps it in the oppositions half, instead he drops far too deep, and when he does get chances he simply feels the need to pass it off rather than be selfish and go for goal himself.

What is it? His form or the change in style of play?

M

MessiCam

Either Valverde needs to drop Suarez making Messi the 'false 9' again, or have a word with Messi and stop him dropping so fucking deep.
Fat chance of that happening. Valverde likes what Messi offers so deep in midfield. He kept Suarez on, brought on Paco and Vidal and pushed Messi into midfield.

Valverde has taken Messi’s best ever start to a season and made him second fiddle to an out of form El Pistolero. I can’t get over that shit...

FCBfan22

I think the problem is definately in our midfield, in the setup of 4-4-2 diamond.

Busi - Is playing too far from him (he is a DM), can't pass to him, unless he pulls off an amazing aerial pass.
Rakitić - Plays it too safe, sideways passing, ball hogging.
Denis - Gets fouled constantly and losing the ball.
Iniesta - 33 years old, can't run like he used to, still the best link to Messi in attack.
Paulinho - He should be the link in the chain between midfield and Messi, but he sadly doesn't do it, he spends the most time in the box waiting for crosses.
Gomes - Is Andre Gomes. What do you expect from him?

Wingers - Non existent, only Alba, who is essentialy playing like a LWB, offers some support. Semedo/Roberto don't do it.

So all of that results with Messi dropping into the center circle and trying to dribble through the middle.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans