10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Albo

Yeah, again IF TRUE, the fact that the LMF had not published its annual reports until it was forced to casts a very bad smell.

They need to stop all this BS. Fuck.

Yeah it's shady as fuck. What makes me wonder is why Messi didn't want to pay the amount the tax reps asked him to pay? Maybe he has consulted more lawyers and they think that the blame won't fall on Leo himself. Barca of course want to avoid any bad publicity and this is why they most likely paid it.

Stoichkov1

Oh I see, the 12m was for the tax penalty that he paid to the Spanish authorities? So in the end our club footed the bill.

Sigh. :thumbdown::shakeshead:

Yeah disgusting as fuck.

Still I don't know if Leo is safe, the post on reddit says that after he paid the 12m to the tax agency he should be fine while l'espresso says they could still go after him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sigh. Already I see many people, especially Real Madrid fans and Ronaldo fans feeling smug and celebrating the whole thing and seizing upon this opportunity to paint Messi as a shady, self-centered prick who would do anything to get away with not paying taxes and doing the right thing. Yesterday morning people lauded him as a hero for his performance in the Celta game and this morning people call him names for the alleged stuff that came out. What a difference 24 hours make.

I am waiting for more stuff to come out, Messi and his entourage need to come out and make a statement.

Albo

Sigh. Already I see many people, especially Real Madrid fans and Ronaldo fans feeling smug and celebrating the whole thing and seizing upon this opportunity to paint Messi as a self-center prick who would do anything to get away with not paying taxes and doing the right thing. Yesterday morning people lauded him as a hero for his performance in the Celta game and this morning people call him names for the alleged stuff that came out. What a difference 24 hours make.

I am waiting for more stuff to come out, Messi and his entourage need to come out and make a statement.

Their squad is filled with tax evaders Ronaldo included. They were even ready to push Rajoy to be more lenient on the Messi tax case. Don't really see how they can be celebrating.

Joan

This. However, I couldn't care less if his greedy father or his gun-loving brothers get to pick up the soap though.

I'd lock them myself, especially his greedy father. It would be much better now if he had been arrested before the renewing.

Joan

Their squad is filled with tax evaders Ronaldo included. They were even ready to push Rajoy to be more lenient on the Messi tax case. Don't really see how they can be celebrating.

Those are madrid fans you are talking about :lol:
World best know hypocrites

Don't wanna talk about Modrić and his contribution to the cases going on in Croatia

FCBfan22

Those are madrid fans you are talking about :lol:
World best know hypocrites

Don't wanna talk about Modrić and his contribution to the cases going on in Croatia

Modric's hearings in the Mamic case are absolutely incredible. How can a man with such a messed up memory become one of world's best midfielders.

:D

LeeRomeno

I never understood people who earn tens of millions and always try to cheat with taxes. I mean yes footballers try to secure their life after career is over, but superstars like Messi and Ronaldo have earned more then they could ever spend already some time ago. Is it really that important to do shady stuff and earn 100 million per year instead of being honest and earning 50. Why risk everything...

M

MessiCam

It’s difficult for anybody to judge this situation without knowing the relevant tax laws. Tax avoidance is very different to tax evasion.

That said everybody tries to minimise taxes... This is especially true for the wealthy due to sheer sums of money involved.

Last edited:

serghei

This is why I am not a Messi fan outside of Barca. Very few people have tons of money and are actually genuinely good in all of their behavior. Messi enters the big portion of immoral big earners who try to do anything to cheat off the field, including using charity foundations to skip taxes.

Sad thing is that he'll probably be remember as both the greatest player ever and the guy who invented a fake charity foundation to earn more money for himself and his family.

Last edited:

serghei

I never understood people who earn tens of millions and always try to cheat with taxes. I mean yes footballers try to secure their life after career is over, but superstars like Messi and Ronaldo have earned more then they could ever spend already some time ago. Is it really that important to do shady stuff and earn 100 million per year instead of being honest and earning 50. Why risk everything...

Greed is a powerful feeling, probably the most powerful of them all.

Sorin

Honestly, after everything this club has been through with Neymar and his father, Messi and his father, shady deals all over the place, I wouldn't care if every one of these greedy motherfuckers is sold, even if we languish in mediocrity for the rest of my life. Messi and his father can fuck off. Bartomeu and the current board can fuck off too for catering to these slimy bastards. Please, just be decent fucking human beings and a decent club ffs.

serghei

Honestly, after everything this club has been through with Neymar and his father, Messi and his father, shady deals all over the place, I wouldn't care if every one of these greedy motherfuckers is sold, even if we languish in mediocrity for the rest of my life. Messi and his father can fuck off. Bartomeu and the current board can fuck off too for catering to these slimy bastards. Please, just be decent fucking human beings and a decent club ffs.

True. At the end of the day, being a great club is more than winning titles. We've made Mes Que Un Club like a PR word which means nothing.

serghei

You won't be able to find enough of these people your looking for to assemble a team, not many exist and definitely not too many whom also happen to be footballers.

Well, when you call people D10s, the GOAT, God, and treat them as if they are bigger than life, and bigger than the club, and so on and so forth, all the time, after almost every game, you can't be very surprised if they start to act like they have rights other people don't and end up like egotistical assholes.

Home of Barca Fans