10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Barca83

Banned
sad thing is that Messi is far more talented than Ronaldo and Argentina has far better players than Portugal, yet Ronaldo is about to win his 4th straigh BDO and Portugal have a doable path to the final, while Argentina are struggling to make it out of the group and Messi has only turned up at the end of the season once in last 5 years

Kul_z

Buffon is a bad dribbler.
Defenders also.

But still, they are quite valuable for their teams in what they are doing on a field.
Is dribbling a standard in valuing a player now?

Adama and Halilovic are then better players than CR7, right? They have better dribbles and technique. They are maybe even more creative.

You missed the point. Maldini was one of the greatest defenders of all time, that doesnt mean that he is the greatest of all time. Gerd muller was one of the most deadliest attacker of all times, is he the greatest player? Cr7 is one of the greatest goal poacher of all times, is he the greatest? Fuck no. Likes of maradona, zidane, ronaldo(9), ronaldinho messi are contenders for greatest players of all time. Why? Because their contribution and or solo efforts were/are stupendously good for all other players.

FCBfan22

sad thing is that Messi is far more talented than Ronaldo and Argentina has far better players than Portugal, yet Ronaldo is about to win his 4th straigh BDO and Portugal have a doable path to the final, while Argentina are struggling to make it out of the group and Messi has only turned up at the end of the season once in last 7 years

You don't even know if they will finish 1st or 2nd.

Calm your horses.

Givenchy

sad thing is that Messi is far more talented than Ronaldo and Argentina has far better players than Portugal, yet Ronaldo is about to win his 4th straigh BDO and Portugal have a doable path to the final, while Argentina are struggling to make it out of the group and Messi has only turned up at the end of the season once in last 7 years

if Messi doesn't turn up and Ronaldo wins the WC then i dont see how anyone can really argue against him being the GOAT of this generation. Messi could of had 2 Copa wins but its fine margins in football

Lots of people on this forum are paranoid and quite frankly some of them need their mental health examined.

Take a break, get some fresh air, gain some semblance of your sanity back.

This Portugal team are absolute dross outside a few players and will be knocked out in the Quarter Finals, if not the Round of 16. They got lucky last time in the Euros with the expanded format and winning every match that went to ET or penalties in a weak bracket. Not happening again.

Stop obsessing so much over the Ballon D'or, Messi and Ronaldo and look at things from a rational point of view.

To the people that put money on Portugal winning the tournament I'd like to congratulate you on throwing perfectly good money down the drain.

Ronaldo has got you folks on his strings.

clemente

Its just embarrassing this diver is not only being compared to Messi but there is a mass of underage kids spreading bs that he is even better than Messi, even in this forum there are kids that believe that, which is crazy. Today he was complete dogshit besides the goal, but this match will be remembered as Ronaldo carrying Portugal, even thoguh I would give it to someone like Pepe for taking all that pressure for 80min. Morocco was somehow a much better team today. Its interesting that this is how Euros 2016 went, they got so lucky to barely get out of the easiest group, and won the whole thing.

Barca83

Banned
Its just embarrassing this diver is not only being compared to Messi but there is a mass of underage kids spreading bs that he is even better than Messi, even in this forum there are kids that believe that, which is crazy. Today he was complete dogshit besides the goal, but this match will be remembered as Ronaldo carrying Portugal, even thoguh I would give it to someone like Pepe for taking all that pressure for 80min. Morocco was somehow a much better team today. Its interesting that this is how Euros 2016 went, they got so lucky to barely get out of the easiest group, and won the whole thing.

I think Messi is better but the gap between them is smaller than it is for a lot of the other player vs player debates that people come up with. There's Barca fans who still think Suarez is the best striker in the world and that Pique/Umtiti are the best center backs, which are much further from being true than Ronaldo being better than Messi

Givenchy

how can people argue Ronaldo cant be compared to Messi after the past 3 years?

Messi is more talented but if Ronaldo takes Portugal to a WC win, i don't really see how Messi's goat legacy can recover from that. WC is the pinnacle of football and always will be.

its a pretty stupid idea of Addidas also to put 'GOAT' signs on the boards around the pitch during Argentinas first match

clemente

I think Messi is better but the gap between them is smaller than it is for a lot of the other player vs player debates that people come up with. There's Barca fans who still think Suarez is the best striker in the world and that Pique/Umtiti are the best center backs, which are much further from being true than Ronaldo being better than Messi

I think the gap between them is massive, for me Ronaldo is just a finisher while still having a lower goal/attempt ratio than Messi who is shooting from way deeper, so the only thing Ronaldo is better at is probably headers?
And I think its non barca fans that think Suarez is still "up there", because all barca fans that watch the games seem to be aware that he's past it since 2 years ago. And Umtiti was the best CB in the world not too long ago, I don't know what happened to him but he will likely go back to that form next season, no need to put him in this sentence.

Stoichkov1

Lots of people on this forum are paranoid and quite frankly some of them need their mental health examined.

Take a break, get some fresh air, gain some semblance of your sanity back.

This Portugal team are absolute dross outside a few players and will be knocked out in the Quarter Finals, if not the Round of 16. They got lucky last time in the Euros with the expanded format and winning every match that went to ET or penalties in a weak bracket. Not happening again.

Stop obsessing so much over the Ballon D'or, Messi and Ronaldo and look at things from a rational point of view.

To the people that put money on Portugal winning the tournament I'd like to congratulate you on throwing perfectly good money down the drain.

Ronaldo has got you folks on his strings.

I guess you said the same about the people who put money on Portugal before euro 2016

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think the gap between them is massive, for me Ronaldo is just a finisher while still having a lower goal/attempt ratio than Messi who is shooting from way deeper, so the only thing Ronaldo is better at is probably headers?
And I think its non barca fans that think Suarez is still "up there", because all barca fans that watch the games seem to be aware that he's past it since 2 years ago. And Umtiti was the best CB in the world not too long ago, I don't know what happened to him but he will likely go back to that form next season, no need to put him in this sentence.

you are extremely deluded. get a grip.

Meatball

As much as I hate this bitch, Ronaldo is better than Messi at: headers, penalty, movement off the ball to be in scoring position, boosting teammates' morale, fighting hard till the end never give up, diving to get PKs or FKs (this is bad but crucial and necessary in some cases).

how can people argue Ronaldo cant be compared to Messi after the past 3 years?

Messi is more talented but if Ronaldo takes Portugal to a WC win, i don't really see how Messi's goat legacy can recover from that. WC is the pinnacle of football and always will be.

its a pretty stupid idea of Addidas also to put 'GOAT' signs on the boards around the pitch during Argentinas first match

Nobody can be compared with Messi, he ist the by far the best player of all time.

Home of Barca Fans