10 - Lionel Messi - v5

M

MessiCam

Exactly so he wasnt playing out wide as that map shows.

What are you claiming was the formation?

You love using maps that prove yourself wrong.

He played centrally and ocassionally drifted to the right as he always does.

You actually think that shows someone 'playing on the flank'......
Lol.

Go and watch the game. It’s obvious you didn’t.

JamDav1982

Lol.

Go and watch the game. It’s obvious you didn’t.

Lolz. I did and Messi was not on the flank he was playing centrally and drifted right as always does.

Obviously you didnt watch and cant even claim what formation they played.

You literally just showed a map that shows that Messi was central more than wide.

Last edited:

Barca83

Banned
Yea there where roumors around we are in for him. Fabregas was luxury, Modric necessity. Obvious not, perhaps not obvious then, but then again with our board its good we havent gone under at least..

In hindsight, we should have gotten him, but I don't think it would have been a good idea at the time. Missing out on Kroos and letting Thiago go were far bigger mistakes

M

MessiCam

Lolz. I did and Messi was not on the flank he was playing centrally and drifted right as always does.

Obviously you didnt watch and cant even claim what formation they played.
mJkUww5_d.jpg

Here is Messi in the 2014/15 Champions League semi final. I suppose Messi wasn’t a wide man then. He played centrally but drifted wide instead of played wide but drifted centrally.

And The formation tonight was 3-4-2-1.

JamDav1982

Messi started from a wide position with freedom to come central back then.

No relevance to tonight when he played centrally and drifted right as always does as your map showed.

So you are claiming the two behind Aguero were out wide and playing on the flank? Need to watch it again you do.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Messi is divorcing I think. Read something about it few days ago in Argie news, looked defeated in training.

Antonella already denied those rumors. They got several young children which she is taking care off. Those were gossip rumors based solely on the fact that she isn’t in Russia and that she didn’t update her Instagram for some weeks. She has now, tho.

Gaunter O Dimm

In these games and a lot of the big CL games Messi movement has been poor.

If you want to judge that on goals then it doesnt suggest much positive.

Then why doesn't he just play like he does in the league in the WC then? (I think the balls ups in the CL are due to bad tactics, especially against Roma)

The way he normally plays brings success but he can't do this because the circumstances and team he's in this WC are different and he can't play his normal game, which works 90% of the time. It isn't his fault he has to consider a shit team how does anyone adapt to that? The best player should be able to just play his regular game because as I said it normally works. The idea of having a decent team behind you is so you don't have to play out of your skin constantly.

In the end this is a team functioning problem, they aren't in sync with him and he isn't with them.

JamDav1982

Then why doesn't he just play like he does in the league in the WC then? (I think the balls ups in the CL are due to bad tactics, especially against Roma)

The way he normally plays brings success but he can't do this because the circumstances and team he's in this WC are different and he can't play his normal game, which works 90% of the time. It isn't his fault he has to consider a shit team how does anyone adapt to that? The best player should be able to just play his regular game because as I said it normally works. The idea of having a decent team behind you is so you don't have to play out of your skin constantly.

In the end this is a team functioning problem, they aren't in sync with him and he isn't with them.

His levels along with others have dropped in CL too often and for Argentina they need a different Messi than Barca get week in week out.

Of course it is a team problem and horrible set up.

Hardy

What are you talking about Messi with barça has won 1 CL, 3 La Liga, 4 Copa Del Reys, several supercups and a ton of individual awards (topscorer) etc since 2013

I'm talking about Messi disappeared in 4 of the last 5 CL runs, losing 5 balon d'or to his current rival and likely ending his NT career with the biggest "fracaso" of Argentina's history, this is what i'm talking, then if you think that perception about Messi right now is the same as 4-5 years ago i'm happy for you.

Mitchell1978

I'm talking about Messi disappeared in 4 of the last 5 CL runs, losing 5 balon d'or to his current rival and likely ending his NT career with the biggest "fracaso" of Argentina's history, this is what i'm talking, then if you think that perception about Messi right now is the same as 4-5 years ago i'm happy for you.

The CL could have been better, but face it you got spoilt for a time when barça was the best team in the world (8-11) they aren't even close to that anymore. The double was the maximum achievable this season i think so its something to be content with.

This is also probably far from the biggest disaster of the Argentina NT, they have gone out early in world cups before, and if it wasn't for Messi they wouldn't be in this world Cup.
The WCQ clearly wasn't an accident.

Most of all i don't really care what the perception is from bandwagon fans, bashing Messi seems to be the thing these days, frankly i think a lot of you should be ashamed to call yourself barça fans.

Gaunter O Dimm

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans