10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Judoman

How am I hating, he choked in the final. Don't expect me to spam "GOAT" in every other post. Open your eyes for once

It s not about this last statement, it s about your posts in general. Your avatar is a perfect example of what i mean.
You r just not a fan.

henias

Their defence was quite good in the WC. Still lost because of attack.

Its the attack that needs to be sorted now.

Its the midfield. It's so bad that Mascherano had to step up to take over to make some key passes and dribbles. Technically Mascherano could interchange between a CDM and CB, attacking with a 3 men defence and then defending with 4 men, when Mascherano drops back.

Paredes should be played instead of Perez and Salvio. Di Maria should be helping in the midfield but the thing is they lack wingers. Unless Correa plays as a LW. As for the full backs, they are good defensively but attacking wise they are average. Most of them do seem slow and sluggish though. For me, Argentina lack good fast wingers and attacking full backs. But too many attacking forwards that works and drifts centrally. (Messi, Aguero, Dybala) It's a little bit of a mess that really needs to be sorted. The squad do have big names but in limited positions. Not much diversity.

Last edited:

henias

How am I hating, he choked in the final. Don't expect me to spam "GOAT" in every other post. Open your eyes for once

By your logic, most of the Germany players other than Gotze "choked" bcos they all miss their chances. In fact, Germany had created more chances than Argentina but failed to put it in the net. Until Gotze did it in the least expected chance to score. Argentina played too deep, ultimately Messi only had one good chance to shoot. U cant expect a 100% one shot one goal conversion rate and ultimately call that choking. unless its a pretty fking clear cut one on one like Higuain's.

JamDav1982

By your logic, most of the Germany players other than Gotze "choked" bcos they all miss their chances. In fact, Germany had created more chances than Argentina but failed to put it in the net. Until Gotze did it in the least expected chance to score. Argentina played too deep, ultimately Messi only had one good chance to shoot. U cant expect a 100% one shot one goal conversion rate and ultimately call that choking. unless its a pretty fking clear cut one on one like Higuain's.

Do you think Higuain choked?

Did Messi choked when he missed his pen in Copa America?

I hate this choke tag.

There was not a huge deal of difference in the two chances both are chances those players score many times in past.

henias

Do you think Higuain choked?

Did Messi choked when he missed his pen in Copa America?

I hate this choke tag.

There was not a huge deal of difference in the two chances both are chances those players score many times in past.

Haha, here comes the master debater when his favourite topic comes around.

If u are talking abt the penalty, yes Messi did choke. The pressure got the better of him, tat was no excuse. Even if they scored many times, did u account for how many times they missed for those chances? Im pretty sure even players like Cristiano and Messi missed numerous of such chances, whisking past the goal posts or hitting the woodwork. Theres no guarantee of a 100% conversion rate like those FIFA video games, especially in high pressure games like the WC final.

How can u say theres not much of a big difference when u are accounting the number of times they scored. "Many times"? Thats vague. Theres always a probability of a miss as well. It was tight, and on the far left side, and it didnt favor his left foot. Neuer stayed planted on the near post, was cornered by 2 defenders. For me, thats a good chance of not scoring and I dont see how surprising was that. As if he missed an open goal.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Haha, here comes the master debater when his favourite topic comes around.

If u are talking abt the penalty, yes Messi did choke. The pressure got the better of him, tat was no excuse. Even if they scored many times, did u account for how many times they missed for those chances? Im pretty sure even players like Cristiano and Messi missed numerous of such chances, whisking past the goal posts or hitting the woodwork. Theres no guarantee of a 100% conversion rate like u play in FIFA especially in high pressure games like the WC final.

How can u say theres not much of a big difference when u are accounting the number of times they scored. "Many times"? Thats vague. Theres always a probability of a miss as well. It was tight, and on the far left side, and it didnt favor his left foot. Neuer stayed planted on the near post, was cornered by 2 defenders. For me, thats a good chance of not scoring and I dont see how surprising was that. As if he missed an open goal.

Favourite topic? Glad it keeps you amused.

Ok I dont agree Messi choked he missed a pen that happens.

Just as he missed a good chance in WC final isnt choking for me. It is him missing a good chance.

Your posts have a strong whiff of idiots that have been banned in the past.

Judoman

I hate this choke tag.

Exactly. It s absurd, how often people use this term, specialy fifa/FM kids. People who practised sports at any time in their life, will not use this word on the fly, because they understand, that form is cyclical and
even when you re in top shape you have bad days. It doesn t mean that you were afraid (choking), it s just a bad day. for whatever reason. It s even harder in team sports, because a player is influenced by his team mates.

Puting word "choke" and Messi in same sentence is absurd. He has a rich history of important games, where he destroyed oposition.

henias

Favourite topic? Glad it keeps you amused.

Ok I dont agree Messi choked he missed a pen that happens.

Just as he missed a good chance in WC final isnt choking for me. It is him missing a good chance.

Your posts have a strong whiff of idiots that have been banned in the past.

If choke was the last of a numeric scale of 1 to 10, with regards to how u fare in such situations, then yes I would use choke.

But for your info, I wasn't the one who used choke. I was simply putting it in context since choke is a favourite word used by people here. Pls read the entire thing before singling me out to argue or debate. I have no time for that. And getting banned for such nonsense? Yes, pls, feel free to ban me. Lmao.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans