10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Pedro

La Masia
No one could see it going this bad for Arg, I thought at least they could get out of the group. now even that doesn't look likely...

snowy

Why do you people have a memory capacity of a squirrel?
You do remember, that exact same things were said in reverse just few years ago? Exact same theory in reverse!
How the fuck do you people don t understand that this is a team sport...it s not about 1 guy, even if his name is Messi or Ronaldo?

If only... Squirrels actually can remember where their nuts are :smartass:

This lot lost theirs a long time ago, hence the doom and gloom "I've always been a fan but I'm sad to say, this game seals it, it's over. He'll never be GOAT"

:rofl1: this thread got enough chopped würste to open a deli in Vienna

Leo G.jpg

and seriously, who the fuck cares 'bout GOAT status? Is it really that important? Just enjoy the sport instead of transferring all your hopes on 1 dude and then crucifying him when he doesn't deliver.

Even if every1 told me otherwise, I'd still prefer the likes of zaha, neyboy, don, leo, jesus, xavi, dinho, puyol, zlatan, demb, couti, mbap and so many others. They're just more entertaining to watch. For me :) yeah?

Individual preferences folks. To each their own. You don't see me jumping at the chance to bash CR whenever he's got an off-day. That's cuz I've got no motivation to do so.

Messi got zero fight in him? Mofos just describing themselves :alveshat:

MTL_Barca

No one could see it going this bad for Arg, I thought at least they could get out of the group. now even that doesn't look likely...

Qualifiers were already awful so not completely unexpected. Still most people thought they'd beat Iceland and Nigeria to go through but the team was bad before the WC so them stepping it up bigtime would've been the big surprise here.

SG-7

I read some rumors that the players want Sampoli out before the nigeria game and some other coach to step in?

Any truth to this?

Raketa10

He looked apsolutely destroyed after the game but the worst thing is he looked like he was going to puke or faint before the game. I have never seen him so nervous and afraid before. He looked like Ronaldo before the start of WC final back in 1998. I would say he was perfectly aware they will lose even before the game started. As a Croatian I am absolutely proud an happy for my team, we played an epic second half but I am also sad to see him in this shape. I am also disapointed that he didn’t have strenght to congratulate us after the game, he just left the pitch and regardless how difficult this was for him it was a mistake.

That beeing said I hope he can win Copa America next year. That’s his last chance to win something with NT. Maybe he can win the WC 2022 but I sincerely doubt that.

Last edited:

clemente

They will probably be in a situation where they have to actually BEAT Nigeria, that ain't happening with Sampaoli's defensive ass, need someone else who will line up Pavon, Dybala, Lo Celso etc

Donatello

Croatia's performance proved that how important the midfield is.

They didn't had as good attackers as Argentina, but their midfield did the job for them. Kept constant pressure, kept attacking, retained the ball.

Attack wins you matches, midfield wins you trophies.

Strengthening the Midfield would be the top priority, not attack.

This is how Barca is supposed to play. Hope the Board learns a few lessons from that.

SG-7

They didn't had as good attackers as Argentina, but their midfield did the job for them. Kept constant pressure, kept attacking, retained the ball.

This is how Barca is supposed to play. Hope the Board learns a few lessons from that.

You could not have put it any better. Half the reason why madrid is as successful as they are.

Win the midfield battle and your 90% there.

Meatball

Put Caballero in front of the goal and see if your awesome midfield can win you trophies. Team balance throughout every position is the most important I think.

Croatia's performance only proved that this Argentine team under Sampaoli have no hope

Alik

imagine the scenes if Nigeria beats Iceland today and ARG then fails to beat Nigeria.

It's quite likely. Argentina is broken.

If only they would have won against Iceland, it could have boosted their morale and given them momentum. Right now I don't see it in them to beat any team in this world cup.

dakt

10 years of Messi's epic performance and everything collapses on this forum because of this game. Please do football and supporters here a favour and logout from this forum or at least stay away from this thread.

Home of Barca Fans