User Tag List

Page 821 of 821 FirstFirst ... 321721771811819820821
Results 12,301 to 12,312 of 12312

Thread: 10 - Lionel Messi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argentina do nothing to help themselves tbh. not taking Icardi, even if a bench option, is quite simply shocking. there must be some agenda against him from the higher ups, he was level top scorer in the same league Higuain's choking ass played in at a less dominant club to boot.

Messi will need to channel his inner Maradona to reach even the quarters with this team

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    except maradona didn't have such a shit argentine squad when he supposedly did it all on his own

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you guys think Leo could be even better next season despite being a year older? Some reasons I thought of earlier for why he might

1. Playing as a false 9 again: we all saw how good he was at the start of the season as a false 9 before Valverde switched to 442 permanently. If he plays as a there for all next season, that should help him quite a bit

2. Better players around him: Coutinho, a fit Dembele, plus any new signings

3. No World Cup to rest for

4. More luck: he hit the post 15+ times in the league I believe. With a bit more luck next season, his goalscoring numbers should be even better

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca83 View Post
    do you guys think Leo could be even better next season despite being a year older? Some reasons I thought of earlier for why he might

1. Playing as a false 9 again: we all saw how good he was at the start of the season as a false 9 before Valverde switched to 442 permanently. If he plays as a there for all next season, that should help him quite a bit

2. Better players around him: Coutinho, a fit Dembele, plus any new signings

3. No World Cup to rest for

4. More luck: he hit the post 15+ times in the league I believe. With a bit more luck next season, his goalscoring numbers should be even better
    I think Messi had his best season since 2014/15 and prior to that 2012/13.

If they get the necessary reinforcements and Messi plays False 9 I see no reason why he can’t tear the world a new one. His dribbling may not be as flashy but it is more effective and he still has that acceleration required in tight spaces. It also gets him out of the way defensively and Barça are a better team when he is there.

This all depends on Suárez though. He’s become a hinderance tactically but few want to admit that because they’re of the opinion that Messi plays best with a 9 ahead of him. It’s all bullshit because he plays some of his best with ball playing wingers either side of him.

That said...

It will never happen though, due to his defensive output, but I’d like to see RW Messi for one last time. Not RW Messi that drifts centrally but RW Messi that only cuts in the final third. Still the best version of Messi in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothanks View Post
    except maradona didn't have such a shit argentine squad when he supposedly did it all on his own
    He did not win the WC alone, on his own, but his influence was incredibly decisive not only in level of goals and assists
    (14 goals Argentina, 5 goals and 5 assists); he had fantastic performances and fantastic goals, especially in 1/4 final ans 1/2 final.
    But he was not only a exceptional player, he was a leader, a motivator.
    I don't know if there has ever been such a determined player in a world cup.

It's true that his team wasn't such a poor team as many say (argentinian golden generation, 84/85/86 argentinian teams won the copa libertatores).

Maradona has become a legend also because:
    Falklands War - 4 years before Argentina had been humiliated by England ... it was like a revenge ... a tense atmosphere., there were clashes in the stands ....

..a tense atmosphere...and watch Maradona's hate looks and Pumpido's looks towards the British min. 1.04 (sorry, quality of video not good, I can't find a better one)

“I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mateo approves his father's performances this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romero's out injured apparently. Who's back up? Cabellero?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASordidGod View Post
    Romero's out injured apparently. Who's back up? Cabellero?
    Armani is their best keeper

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone gets injured during wc can they call-up replacement?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    I guess that's what reserves are for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he goes home after 3 games, to be well rested for the new season. After all, it's Barça paying him...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    No.

A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] The final list of 23 players per national team will be submitted to FIFA by 4 June 2018, 10 days prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game.[1]