10 - Lionel Messi - v5

FCBfan22

Only Leo won't be enough for the WC. They need a solid defence and midfield, with one of the attackers not named Leo stepping up massively. Otherwise they have no chance.

FinBarcelonafan

Only Leo won't be enough for the WC. They need a solid defence and midfield, with one of the attackers not named Leo stepping up massively. Otherwise they have no chance.

Midfield is their biggest issue and maybe defense. They have no creativity from midfield if Messi doesn't drop deep. He has to do everything.

FCBfan22

Midfield is their biggest issue and maybe defense. They have no creativity from midfield if Messi doesn't drop deep. He has to do everything.

Yeah. But even when he drops deep, he usually creates chances for himself. If he had an inform striker, at least he could create chances for him.

ASordidGod

Am I the only person who rates Banega? (assuming he's in their squad I haven't actually checked.) I mean, I haven't watched him loads, and I'm not saying he's amazing or anything, but he can pass, and he can dictate. Would mean at least that Messi doesn't have to drop deep all the time.

Hardy

just watch the list is depressing, they are slow, old, injured, same fucking players since 7-8 years, with 3 heartbreaking defeats in a row and you show up with the same team? :lol:

Last edited:

eaman

Am I the only person who rates Banega? (assuming he's in their squad I haven't actually checked.) I mean, I haven't watched him loads, and I'm not saying he's amazing or anything, but he can pass, and he can dictate. Would mean at least that Messi doesn't have to drop deep all the time.

Ya I like banega also. One annoying thing I've seen him do on a number occasions is hang onto the ball too long and lose it when there is a simple pass on. He needs a lesson from xavi to refine his game

ASordidGod

Ya I like banega also. One annoying thing I've seen him do on a number occasions is hang onto the ball too long and lose it when there is a simple pass on. He needs a lesson from xavi to refine his game

Ha, ha, yeah, he's no Xavi, not even current Xavi in truth, but he's a decent to good player, and I think he should take at least some of the creative burden off Messi.

Kul_z

2014 wc defeat
2015 treble
2016 domestic double- cl defeat
2017 - tragedy
2018 cl shameful exit despite playing best football he ever played. Wc? Kinda feel his determination but i dont think that would be enough. But, it would be an epic shit if they somehow manage to win it

Nothanks

people act like the WC is so simple and the Quarter finalists are guaranteed, anything can happen and no country is guaranteed passing the group stages

clemente

If they get to knockouts they play against 5 man world-class midfield Spain using themselves a midfield of Banega - Mascherano, I just feel bad for Messi already..

Home of Barca Fans