10 - Lionel Messi - v5

M

MessiCam

U think I dont know that? And didnt u read? I said "RW" QUOTE, UNQUOTE. Go analyse the Ecaudor match. On paper he seems to be a RW but off the ball, Messi drifts to the RW position, making him hard to track and seem to disappear off the the radar... only to collect the ball in the middle. Benedetto didnt seem to function as a striker role as well, he drifts to the right when Messi has the ball to act as a decoy for defenders. Theres ultimately no hard and fast rule in these tactics, however u want it to be played out and what u want it to be called, be it traditional or modern or hybrid. I still think he shouldnt be stuck to the CAM role, it will only push him further deeper and cant have the freedom to roam around. Peru tracked him with ease and he was pushed very deep in the middle.

What you describing is just the way Messi plays. It was very much the same against Peru with the caveat that Argentina had a lot more possession and Peru were very well organised defensively. Benedetto in both games operated as a striker but, which I grant you, against Ecuador he made more runs off Messi's right.

Also, Messi is never going to be stuck in only a CAM role. He is too intelligent for that but with Argentina's current midfield that's the best position for him in order to maximise the teams chances. I'd have no problem with Messi playing as RW drifting infield as he did with MSN but then Argentina would need to spruce up their midfield and get a right back that is good going forward because that Mercado is not.

Flavius

Does he stand a chance for 🎈 d'Or after Ecuador heroics? Let's say CR deserved UEFA best player for UCL. But for the whole year? No freaking deserving. Hope Messi get it now, I really think he raised his chances.

Galning

Cristiano got it a year he won absolutely nothing and needed play-offs against Sweden to qualify with Portugal. Vote got extended etc etc. But Messi won't win it, no. He doesn't have the same PR machine.

Adversus

The team is way too centered around Messi.
No world cup for Argentina if they keep this up

I guess Barca have won nothing too? lol

It hasn't worked playing Messi as part of a team. They should play the same as Barca are doing. Call him a false 9 or whatever but he needs to be the focus point in the centre.

As long as he has the freedom to operate in the centre with good players either side to link with I think they will do fine. I'm not sure what this means for Higuain or someone like Icardi but someone like Aguero could easily do the wide forward's job.

Messi will get the goals and after that just make sure the rest of the team can press and defend although with their defense that's not easy.

Di Maria Messi Aguero

Is a pretty formidable forward line.

Messi10

He never fails to amaze me. That was amazing. Footballing God. I hope Argentina can go all the way and win it all for Messi! fuck the haters

Messi10

Its official! Dont play Messi deep!!! he needs to be by the penalty box. Hes the best finisher in the World ( Sorry Ronaldo fans but its the truth)

aaron101

Its official! Dont play Messi deep!!! he needs to be by the penalty box. Hes the best finisher in the World ( Sorry Ronaldo fans but its the truth)

If he just plays on the penalty box, he will easily get shut down by 2-3 players like on the last season of Pep with us. His teammates really need to step own big time.

Home of Barca Fans