10 - Lionel Messi - v5

raskolnikov

with the way we play lately he'll be soon out of serious contention for individual awards
He needs a cl or wc win for that to happen. Both barca and Argentina suffer from extreme messidependencia and are dark horses at best. Even Neymar has a greater chance at this point.

Neymessi

He isn't going anywhere. Would have been an idea worth contemplating about a few years back but now when he is 30 and spent all his career at a single club, its only going to be a bad decision whatever way you look at it. He may leave for Manc but the its very improbable that he will win more than 1 cl in the next 3 seasons.

Being the best squad doesn't mean you will win it all the time. One may argue he could put to rest all the "messi can't do it in two leagues" argument but thats just what noobs say and anyone who has half a brain knows he will storm EPL or any other league in the world.

Its just not worth for him to tarnish his legacy as a one club legend.

Kohe321

He also seems to be very well situated in Barcelona, being a family man with a wife and children, all of whom probably feel very much at home there. He can't just uproot all of that and move his family to freaking Manchester out of the blue. If he was still a single guy, and not to mention a different guy with less loyalty (Read: Neymar), then this would be more worrying than it currently is. I guess all of this is why fans are not more worried in general. There seems to be a very strong feeling of it being impossible for him to leave Barcelona and play for a rival club, and I tend to agree. I think this will be the only European club he'll play for.

behindbrowneyes

He also seems to be very well situated in Barcelona, being a family man with a wife and children, all of whom probably feel very much at home there. He can't just uproot all of that and move his family to freaking Manchester out of the blue. If he was still a single guy, and not to mention a different guy with less loyalty (Read: Neymar), then this would be more worrying than it currently is. I guess all of this is why fans are not more worried in general. There seems to be a very strong feeling of it being impossible for him to leave Barcelona and play for a rival club, and I tend to agree. I think this will be the only European club he'll play for.

It might have something to do with the crisis in Catalonia. A family man takes care of the safety of his family and right now nobody knows what will happen next. Neither in political nor in sporting sense.

raskolnikov

It might have something to do with the crisis in Catalonia. A family man takes care of the safety of his family and right now nobody knows what will happen next. Neither in political nor in sporting sense.
Messi is not some regular expat though. His childrens grandchildren are set for life. Whats also an option is him moving back to Argentina. It would be way too soon of course but he could just call it quits in Europe after having woneverything.

Xaviniesta

1511426786926.jpg

I always thought Higuain had a belly beneath the shirt. Myth busted

ManusXavi

He isn't going anywhere. Would have been an idea worth contemplating about a few years back but now when he is 30 and spent all his career at a single club, its only going to be a bad decision whatever way you look at it.
Rosario. . . . . says hello ;)
If he does go to Argentina and things were bad in regard to his safety (talking hypothetically because I do not think that his safety is likely to be at risk) it would be easy to assume that is the reason for his departure and ignore the possibility that he made a decision to move to Rosario at the age of 30 a few years ago

ManusXavi

Well, his teammates would likely know it if he had agreed to sign the contract renewal, or indeed already signed it. Makes no sense to keep that a secret. This is worrying, we're almost in December.
I think Messi would say nothing to his teammates. I think only his wife knows the decision. I recon the best way to find answers is to closely watch his wife and childrens life (sorry for sounding creepy).
I was expecting the media to be haunting Messi's wife with the question (blessed that she isn't)

Last edited:

Neymessi

Rosario. . . . . says hello ;)

If he does go to Argentina and things were bad in regard to his safety (talking hypothetically because I do not think that his safety is likely to be at risk) it would be easy to assume that is the reason for his departure and ignore the possibility that he made a decision to move to Rosario at the age of 30 a few years ago

What I meant was moving to another european giant club from barca.

I don't see him leaving for argentina too soon. He is way too good to go there right now. After 3 years maybe.

Home of Barca Fans