10 - Lionel Messi - v5

RMU ReBorn

Of course he was in your opinion. Which is the point.

Not offended just you cant handle Messi was not good let alone great in that game says it all.

'I dont care how he played I think he was great'.

Nop i didn't said " i don't care how he played " . i said i don't care about rating's in internet . From what i saw he was great .

JamDav1982

Nop i didn't said " i don't care how he played " . i said i don't care about rating's in internet . From what i saw he was great .

No the commentators during the game were speaking about him doing little, the comments on here amongst biggest Messi fans going is that he was average at best go back an read them. The rating from outlets after the game also pointed to him not being good let alone great.

Yet you dont really care or cant see past Messi and declare it a 'great' performance.

The reality is you dont care how he really played and just declare how good he was anyway.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

No the commentators during the game were speaking about him doing little, the comments on here amongst biggest Messi fans going is that he was average at best go back an read them. The rating from outlets after the game also pointed to him not being good let alone great.

Yet you dont really care or cant see past Messi and declare it a 'great' performance.

The reality is you dont care how he really played and just declare how good he was anyway.
Commentator's said this , pundits said that , ratings blah blah . come on stand up and voice your own opinion like a men . I have mine and he was great in SF . How many times should i repeat i don't care even if you think i am biased . Learn to respect others opinion with a pinch of salt even if you dislike it

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Commentator's said this , pundits said that , ratings blah blah . come on stand up and voice your own opinion like a men . I have mine and he was great in SF . How many times should i repeat i don't care even if you call me biased or what . Learn to respect others opinion with a pinch of salt even if you dislike it

Of course because your opinion is not related to how he actually played.

Morten

Messi was Argentina's best player . Even against Holland he was clutch but couldn't find the back of the net . He had an excellent Qf against Belgium . Higuain's goal was after Messi did a xavi kinda u turn in midfield . He created an enormous chance for ADM which would have been the assist of that wc had he converted it . It was during that moment ADM got injured . He has been playing shit ever since that injury .

Maybe he was, maybe he wasnt.
In the knock-out stages they relied far more on a great defense than anything else, they hardly conceded a goal for a reason. He had some moments, but overall, it was their defense that got them into the final, Messi was important to avoid draws in the group stage though.

Ripsta

^^^ There was a time when you'd expect two or three goals from him every game. These days it's rare as rocking horseshit to see him grab a hat-trick.

RMU ReBorn

That was the time when he was playing as a Striker and didn't had to drop deep because we had fecking Xavi and Don andres Iniesta in midfield .

Maybe he was, maybe he wasnt.
In the knock-out stages they relied far more on a great defense than anything else, they hardly conceded a goal for a reason. He had some moments, but overall, it was their defense that got them into the final, Messi was important to avoid draws in the group stage though.

I want to know whether you will give credits to Modric for Ronaldo's second goal in last Cl final ? . Because Messi did similar thing for Higuain's goal against Belgium . Masche was definitely MOTm against Dutch but it was not like Messi was shit .He won them them all the group matches and was the creator behind two goals in knockouts

Xaviniesta

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Argentina national team manager Jorge Sampaoli visiting Guardiola and Manchester City. I'm sure he heard it rains a bit in England, but the high-water pants? A flood ain't coming, Sampa. <a href="https://t.co/53k8lDqbzW">pic.twitter.com/53k8lDqbzW</a></p>— Roger Gonzalez (@RGonzalezCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/RGonzalezCBS/status/975099127024508928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sampaoli probably asked guardiola how he got the other 10 players to help messi

booge

No he wasnt great against Holland or even close. Probably not even in Argies top 4/5 players that tie and Ron Vlaar got better of him.

Was just Argies best player overall but GK and defence got them through that semi final and were not far behind.

His best performance was Nigeria.

He was pretty good in group stages playing in that SHIT team.

In the knockouts I remember him being decent to start with but then he started to decline for some reason.

Must have been tiredness as I think those games were 3-4 days apart.

In the Holland match, I saw him do okay but he still was not right. No way he was crap but not the Messi we know.

I would sub Messi in the Worldup if they are winning by more than 1 goal.

I remember the original Ronaldo was subbed alot of the times in 2002 World Cup. They kept him as fresh as they could and he scored 8 goals.

sickstar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsvqDDiF8M

Too many discussion. Just watch it!

From what I see, it's a matter of tactical decision as well. I think the coach placed Messi on right flank either for him to avoid the watchers or to attract them and make space in the middle.

The latter happened, but link and creativity is nowhere to be found from the middle. He was often heavily guarded by 2-4 people when no one offers a one two or going into position. I think Messi forget that it was not Barca and no don Andres or Alves or suarez or Alba to help him out.

First 45 min he still doing great, but the next 45 he was clearly exhausted which was seen in some misplaced shots and long passes and ball being robbed from him. Yeah, however great a player is, he can't do it all alone and his team mates should not think about it either. Messi needs a few argentinean in Barca for Argentina to succeed lol.

RMU ReBorn

Top scorers and assist providers in each league

Premier league -:
~ Mo Salah - 28 ⚽
~ Kevin De Bruyne - 14 ��

La Liga -:
~ Lionel Messi -24 ⚽
~ Lionel Messi -12 ��

Serie A -:

~ Ciro Immobile -24⚽
~ Simone Verdi -8 ��

Bundes Liga -:

~ Robert Lewandowski -23 ⚽
Philipp Max -12 ��

League 1 -:

~ E. Cavani - 24⚽
~ Neymar Jr -13��

He was pretty good in group stages playing in that SHIT team.

In the knockouts I remember him being decent to start with but then he started to decline for some reason.

Must have been tiredness as I think those games were 3-4 days apart.

In the Holland match, I saw him do okay but he still was not right. No way he was crap but not the Messi we know.

I would sub Messi in the Worldup if they are winning by more than 1 goal.

I remember the original Ronaldo was subbed alot of the times in 2002 World Cup. They kept him as fresh as they could and he scored 8 goals.
R9 was not Brazil's best player in that WC . it was Rivaldo . scholari could have rested R9 as much as he wanted not the case with that Argentine team in 2014

Ripsta

Need to make some ground up on Salah today, fucking outrageous that a Liverpool player is leading the race for the Golden Shoe, a winger no less.

Home of Barca Fans