10 - Lionel Messi - v5

henias

On Barcelona of course. Our defence is easily better, the midfield is debatable and the attack is again better since Messi is part of the team and Suarez is world class despite his form.
City would not steamroll us by any means.

I'm sorry but City would. The lack of wingers and pace in our team is worrying although we have a better defence. Players like Sane is definitely a very dangerous threat. We have logheads like Suarez, Gomes, Rakitic definitely slow down the play alot. Even Iniesta seem a little faster than them although age does seem to catch up on him. As much as I hate Neymar's way of destroying the tiki taka system Barca once had, that fucker has what we generally lack which is injecting that bit of pace that would have ultimately gives us the edge over many world class teams. Look at PSG, City and Real Madrid. They are overloaded with strength and pace and definitely doesnt seem to lack midfield or finishing ability. That is what ultimately makes them so terrifying. Hell, even Atletico seems stronger than us at some point. We could have all the "world class" players for all I care but we still need that edge over other teams. Dembele's injury sure does take a toll on our performance.

We could have won 3-0 over Juventus but it is still largely Messi's work and other times players fail to step up. We still struggle against Sporting and the results says it all. Trust me, but this team wont go far in CL unless Messi and Iniesta can keep saving us.

clemente

I'm sorry but City would. The lack of wingers and pace in our team is worrying although we have a better defence. Players like Sane is definitely a very dangerous threat. We have logheads like Suarez, Gomes, Rakitic definitely slow down the play alot. Even Iniesta seem a little faster than them although age does seem to catch up on him. As much as I hate Neymar's way of destroying the tiki taka system Barca once had, that fucker has what we generally lack which is injecting that bit of pace that would have ultimately gives us the edge over many world class teams. Look at PSG, City and Real Madrid. They are overloaded with strength and pace and definitely doesnt seem to lack midfield or finishing ability. That is what ultimately makes them so terrifying. Hell, even Atletico seems stronger than us at some point. We could have all the "world class" players for all I care but we still need that edge over other teams. Dembele's injury sure does take a toll on our performance.

We could have won 3-0 over Juventus but it is still largely Messi's work and other times players fail to step up. We still struggle against Sporting and the results says it all. Trust me, but this team wont go far in CL unless Messi and Iniesta can keep saving us.

Dembele can give us the same pace that Neymar gives, the Sane's pace wouldn't work against us because we probably have the fastest fullbacks in the world, but we would get mauled in the midfield of course, they fucking even got Bernardo for 40m while he was our target, crooked ass barto is in fault of this slow midfield.

This doesn't sound like Torn. More like DonAK.

You got a nice rack.

Thanks for the wisdom. I hope you'll soon write in your inimitable style why Neymar was the best player in the world from September to December 2016. Maybe he's the best at exploiting the trumped up Camp Nou dimensions ? Anyway, hope to read more on that subject.

M

MessiCam

I'm quite surprised by the doom mongering here... Champions League knockout football is all about who shows up on the night and your away form, nothing else.

Barca are notoriously poor away from home. 2009/2010 - Inter got the result at the San Siro, struggled against Stuttgard and Arsenal away, 2010/2011 - Won it but again struggled away to Arsenal, 2011/2012 - Struggled away to Milan and in both fixtures against Chelsea, 2012/2013 - Struggled away to Milan and in both fixtures against PSG and Bayern, 2013/2014 - Again away to Atleti, 2014/2015 - Honestly the this is the only season I can say we were good home and away, 2015/2016 - Again away to Atleti, 2016/2017 - Struggled massively against both PSG and Juve away.

Many of those seasons we had the best midfield in the business. Anyway, I'm not so sure about City overrunning Barca... They're an attacking team which leaves spaces, spaces this Barca squad likes.

henias

Dembele can give us the same pace that Neymar gives, the Sane's pace wouldn't work against us because we probably have the fastest fullbacks in the world, but we would get mauled in the midfield of course, they fucking even got Bernardo for 40m while he was our target, crooked ass barto is in fault of this slow midfield.

I would have gotten Bernado over Coutinho any day. Tat guy is one hell of a gem in today's market. Just tired of Barto's signings, everytime I see players like them, I inevitably get reminded of his ratface and sinister smile. I just cant wait to see Barca get absolutely battered again by the likes of PSG and Madrid again, and the same old story that gets repeated every year. Tat would wake Socis the hell up. Messi's another peak of his career will go down the drain yet again. Mark my words, I have a strong feeling about this.

FCBfan22

I would have gotten Bernado over Coutinho any day. Tat guy is one hell of a gem in today's market. Just tired of Barto's signings, everytime I see players like them, I inevitably get reminded of his ratface and sinister smile. I just cant wait to see Barca get absolutely battered again by the likes of PSG and Madrid again, and the same old story that gets repeated every year. Tat would wake Socis the hell up. Messi's another peak of his career will go down the drain yet again. Mark my words, I have a strong feeling about this.

I don't think we would get trashed by Real in their current state. But the likes of P$G and Manchester City would probably annihilate us, especially the latter with KDB and Jesus currently on fire.

henias

I'm quite surprised by the doom mongering here... Champions League knockout football is all about who shows up on the night and your away form, nothing else.

Barca are notoriously poor away from home. 2009/2010 - Inter got the result at the San Siro, struggled against Stuttgard and Arsenal away, 2010/2011 - Won it but again struggled away to Arsenal, 2011/2012 - Struggled away to Milan and in both fixtures against Chelsea, 2012/2013 - Struggled away to Milan and in both fixtures against PSG and Bayern, 2013/2014 - Again away to Atleti, 2014/2015 - Honestly the this is the only season I can say we were good home and away, 2015/2016 - Again away to Atleti, 2016/2017 - Struggled massively against both PSG and Juve away.

Many of those seasons we had the best midfield in the business. Anyway, I'm not so sure about City overrunning Barca... They're an attacking team which leaves spaces, spaces this Barca squad likes.

City might be an attacking team but even if we break on the counter, we lack pace and City might be quick to recover. It would be a hell of a different story tho if its City's turn to counter attack. Tat said, it would be a very interesting match definitely and wil be back and forth, back and forth. But I still would put my bet on City if Messi doesnt perform his best that night. City plays better as a team overall unlike Barca who depends heavily on a few players to create something. It would definitely demolish Barca easily like how Madrid did.

And trust me, Pep's knows all about his boy Messi. I'm confident with a strong squad in hand, he will definitely keep Messi quiet if Barca plays like shit.

Last edited:

henias

I don't think we would get trashed by Real in their current state. But the likes of P$G and Manchester City would probably annihilate us, especially the latter with KDB and Jesus currently on fire.

Tats what I was saying about City initially, but many ppl disagree. The way they are playing and the well balanced squad they have would definitely throw us off guard and absolutely dismantle us like how Madrid did at the Supercopa. Yes, Madrid might be weaker atm but we still cannot underestimate them. They feed on the big stages and we would still struggle slightly against them. But yea, City is on absolute fire. I would fear them more than any other teams.

M

MessiCam

City might be an attacking team but even if we break on the counter, we lack pace and City might be quick to recover. It would be a hell of a different story tho if its City's turn to counter attack. Tat said, it would be a very interesting match definitely and wil be back and forth, back and forth. But I still would put my bet on City if Messi doesnt perform his best that night. City plays better as a team overall unlike Barca who depends heavily on a few players to create something. It would definitely demolish Barca easily like how Madrid did.

And trust me, Pep's knows all about his boy Messi. I'm confident with a strong squad in hand, he will definitely keep Messi quiet if Barca plays like shit.
Keep him quiet like he did in 2014/2015? When Messi’s in the mood he makes a lot of people look stupid.

Anyway, by the time the knockout phase comes Dembélé would be back and hopefully some midfielders come in the winter. Business should be done in the winter because fees will rocket after the World Cup.

Neymessi

You got a nice rack.

Thanks for the wisdom. I hope you'll soon write in your inimitable style why Neymar was the best player in the world from September to December 2016. Maybe he's the best at exploiting the trumped up Camp Nou dimensions ? Anyway, hope to read more on that subject.

Ahh. you are indeed torn.

I suspected that from the begining but didn't think so coz torn always kind of defended suarez.

henias

Keep him quiet like he did in 2014/2015? When Messi’s in the mood he makes a lot of people look stupid.

Anyway, by the time the knockout phase comes Dembélé would be back and hopefully some midfielders come in the winter. Business should be done in the winter because fees will rocket after the World Cup.

Like I said "with a strong squad in hand" and the form they are in at the moment, you would be surprised. You would also have to take into consideration the squad Messi had back in 2014 as compared to now. City was also very poor back then and Pep just started coaching them. Things change.

Just like how PSG and Juventus destroyed us, UCL is never about one man. Even back in 2014, Neymar and Suarez had to perform with Messi being the main impetus of the squad of course. As much as I acknowledge Messi's ability, he still will be cornered by strong teams if we dont play up to standard. Overall teamplay would also lift one another's performances. If team doesnt perform, Messi would be dragged down as well. Ucl is a long campaign. Messi cant do it every match.

But yes, I really hope Dembele is back soon. We still cant rush him even if he's recovered.

Last edited:

MessiTHEgoat

the only reason juventus defeated us last season is because we had lord mathieu at LB instead of alba. busquets was suspended and lucho played masche as DM.
nonetheless we created more than them and we completely dominated them in the second half with gomes. we were definitely stronger than them.

as for PSG fair enough. they destroyed us. with messi playing his worst game in the last 10 years. and the rest of the team looking shit (except moneymar).

Home of Barca Fans