10 - Lionel Messi - v5

opjeoff

It`s not a problem if he is lazy when we are defending. He is like that for many years now, same as many other attackers. The problem is when he is lazy when we attack. He is just too static and quality opponents shut him out of the game. It`s not a coincidence that he disappears in many big games lately. Quality teams know how to cover space and he doesn`t move too much to receive the ball, therefore he is out of the game for the bigger part of 90 minutes.

I disagree that Messi disappears in big games, hes been amazing in some big games lately. But what I'm starting to realise is that if the opposition in on the front-foot during the game, then it is always the case that Messi is shut out of the game. He rarely plays good when we play bad.

Pedro

La Masia
Time for Leo to forget the CL and focus on La Liga, he needs to get back to form against Leganes this weekend.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I see how some people are unhappy with Leo's lack of off the ball movement and I agree to some point but that's not something we couldn't offset with better tactics and few adjustments to our squad.

raskolnikov

Messi can do his walking bit in won matches and go all out in big games. If he lacks stamina to do do he should rest more often.
I wonder if he is bored with playing football. Sounds weird but genius get bored als applies to football.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi can do his walking bit in won matches and go all out in big games. If he lacks stamina to do do he should rest more often.
I wonder if he is bored with playing football. Sounds weird but genius get bored als applies to football.

I just think he is tired of doing so much work himself. Messi had enough matches where he was going all out this season.
Hard to keep motivating yourself when the team performance is like this.

El Flaco

Club America coach Ricardo La Volpe said that Messi must lead Argentina NT to a WC title in order to be one of the game's best ever. Also, La Volpe poined out that he's been unlucky at international level.

"Obviously, it is a handicap that he has never won anything with the national team, despite proving himself at club level.

"Diego Maradona was the champion of the world in 1986 and a runner-up in 1990, and Messi is a monster of the world game but maybe to be at his level, he lacks the title of being a world champion like Pele and Maradona.

"All that he is missing is the World Cup, it would be the last thing for him to do."

"No team is called Messi. The international side doesn't depend on a single player, it has to be a collective effort but for Argentina, I've never seen him play like he does for Barcelona"

"At Barcelona, he had Xavi. Now he has [Andres] Iniesta, [Ivan] Rakitic and Luis Suarez and there is a footballing idea and a system that would need to be the same with Argentina.

"However, he has been a runner-up three times - the World Cup, the Copa America and the Copa America centennial edition. He has always been fighting for first place but is just missing a little bit of luck to win the title."

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/02/16/58a6121ee2704e772f8b45e9.html

9thMode

Banned
I have to say I love Messi with all my heart, but something has to be done about his lack of defending.
Its gotten so bad to the point Ronaldo does more defending than he does.
Suarez is the main "striker" so its understandable when he isn't seen in the defense or midfield, but if he isn't helping, and Messi isn't then we are 2 players short!

Total-Football

Messi and iniesta contributed most to the psg fiasco.. i would have bought the " he saved our ass many times " if i had not heard the same sentence " a few times " in the last couple years.. when an exception is occuring frequently; the word exception does not appear to be accurate no more.. last tuesday he played exactly like he s played against atletico during the two matches they knocked us out (2016-2014). But then again its useless to talk about this until we get ourself a real manager. Time for laurent blanc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You make no sense whatsoever.

He has indeed save our asses many times this season and always been this team's best and most important player.

Sure he had a really bad game, but he's the least of our problems right now.

If you're tired of hearing the same line all over again, then bad for you since that's a fact.

ini4ever

Lionel Messi and his father Jorge Messi want Barcelona to replace coach Luis Enrique with Sevilla coach Jorge Sampaoli. [El Confidencial]

Home of Barca Fans