10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Kul_z

I dont know about you guys, but this last season for me was one of his best, if not the best season. I just loved how he matured, perfect decision making. I mean, he carried this shitshow of a team through la liga like a boss, and still produced magic and i was hyped as fuck with every game approaching and kinda knew that he would deliver. Cl is a different story tho, but my gut tells me that would change this season. Cmon captain!

RMU ReBorn

Tbf, Levante were the most in-form LaLiga team where they collected 25 of 30 points in the past 10 games with their new manager.

[tw]995970954613411840[/tw]

Also, we scored 3 goals so it's not like we had problems offensively.

We lost due to our horrific defence, not due to Messi's absence.

Messi should definitely skip a handful of games to get ready for CL KO-stage IMHO.
iF there was Messi Levante wouldn't have gone forward after scoring one goal like the way they did without him . They know the threat possesed by him . leaving him unmarked they would have suffered

Messi983

DiYXp5KWAAAy22B.jpg

what happened when he didn't played against Levante ? relegation zoned club ? . Take any La liga team , they will feel like playing against 11 without Messi . with him it's like playing against 12 . We wouldn't have lost Levante match with him . Messi resting 12 matches in league means , we will drop points for sure . It's not about ego or anything . :wave:

Team doesn't have a plan B when he isn't on the pitch. This team without Messi would still finish top 3 in table. There's tons of quality still and the team would adapt to a new system.

Right now every Barca player is programmed to give the ball to a walking Messi in the midfield where the attack stagnates. Needs more versatility.

BusiTheKing

For his last years, just please put him back on the wing and hope for the best. We've seen him deteriorate too much under the pressure of supporting entire teams. Every time he puts his boots on, he carries that fucking burden and I'm just so tired of seeing the toll it takes on his mentality. He was always made to be a talisman, not the foundation of everything.

Give him a role that's tactically more marginal, set the team up like he's any other player and let him be the icing, not the dough and the raisins and all that shit. Either way, we're going to have to learn to get on without him some day.

Pedro

La Masia
The thing is that while Messi was a BEAST in 10/11 and 14/15,the way we perceive his performances is greatly influenced by the UCL success.In the meanwhile,he was OUT OF THIS WORLD in 11/12 and 12/13,the man scored like 160 goals during these two seasons...I'd also rank 16/17 as one of his top 5 seasons,as he carried a shitshow of a team,despite not winning a major title,putting unbelievable performance after unbelievable performance.So:

TIER 1:

11/12
12/13

TIER 2:

10/11
14/15

TIER 3:

16/17

TIER 4:

09/10
15/16

TIER 5:

08/09
17/18

TIER 6:

13/14

I don't really count anything before Pep

Messi in 2010/11 was mesmeric, his best season, ending with the UCL win at Wembley, also solo dribble goal v Madrid in semi

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
For his last years, just please put him back on the wing and hope for the best. We've seen him deteriorate too much under the pressure of supporting entire teams. Every time he puts his boots on, he carries that fucking burden and I'm just so tired of seeing the toll it takes on his mentality. He was always made to be a talisman, not the foundation of everything.

Give him a role that's tactically more marginal, set the team up like he's any other player and let him be the icing, not the dough and the raisins and all that shit. Either way, we're going to have to learn to get on without him some day.

Last time Messi played on the right wing consistently was in 2015. He is not returning there. For some reason he likes to play in the center.

Home of Barca Fans