10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Stoichkov1

Yes, Messi was better from 2008-13 but Ronaldo is better since then. A lot of happened this season that made me give the edge to CR7 like Messi's performances in both legs against Roma and winning back to back CL's is just remarkable. Tell me why couldn't do it with the greatest club side ever against ten man Inter and Chelsea if he's better?

Why Ronaldo the GOAT only won 2 league titles in 10 years?

T

TS88

Plus I dont think Messi will be doing what CR7 is doing now at 33 years old. Scoring overhead kicks on the biggest stage in club football smh insane.

NotInHere

Messi will probably end up with less goals than Cristiano, if he's lazy/lost hunger or whatever you wanna call it right now just imagine 2-3 years from now

I have no idea what type of player Messi will be when he wont be able to beat players with his speed/dribbles anymore, he will never be a Xavi type.. He just doesn't stand on his toes always asking/waiting for the ball.

Leos "choosing his moments" shtick is running out of time, hopefully he has a great WC.

Givenchy

Yes, Messi was better from 2008-13 but Ronaldo is better since then. A lot of happened this season that made me give the edge to CR7 like Messi's performances in both legs against Roma and winning back to back CL's is just remarkable. Tell me why Messi couldn't win back to back CLs with the greatest club side ever against ten man Inter and Chelsea if he's better? Also CR7 has won a trophy with his country, Messi has had four attempts and failed all of them.

so we should just forget about the first half of the season then? where Madrid were diabolical, Ronaldo looked finished and Zidane was looking at the sack if he didn't get past PSG.

I can't believe you are bringing up a trophy for Portugal where Ronaldo barely played a part in a flukey final after finishing 3rd in a group with Hungary, Austria and Iceland :lol: you would be right at home with the looneys on Redcafe.

T

TS88

so we should just forget about the first half of the season then? where Madrid were diabolical, Ronaldo looked finished and Zidane was looking at the sack if he didn't get past PSG.

I can't believe you are bringing up a trophy for Portugal where Ronaldo barely played a part in a flukey final after finishing 3rd in a group with Hungary, Austria and Iceland :lol: you would be right at home with the looneys on Redcafe.

Doesn't matter what you say, History says Ronaldo has won a trophy with his country and thats all that matters. Portugal came with a gameplan and it worked. Ronaldo saved Portugal from being eliminated with those two goals against Hungary and he more than played a part in the knockout stages. Scoring against Wales, assisting the winner against Croatia and scoring a penalty in the shootout against Poland. What did Messi do with his penalty against Chile in the same year? Give respect where its due.

Last edited:
Mo Salah showing Messi how to play against Roma...
Klopp teaching valverde how to play against Roma... liverpool played long balls, used their fast players like salah and mane to get passed the high line defence of Roma, if valverde used players like dembele who could take advantage of the high line we would have won that game.. dont blame messi, blame valverde

eaman

Doesn't matter what you say, History says Ronaldo has won a trophy with his country and thats all that matters. Portugal came with a gameplan and it worked. Ronaldo saved Portugal from being eliminated with those two goals against Hungary and he more than played a part in the knockout stages. Scoring against Wales, assisting the winner against Croatia and scoring a penalty in the shootout against Poland. What did Messi do with his penalty against Chile in the same year? Give respect where its due.

Did you see his assists in that tournament. The ones against Croatia and Wales were pure luck. Do you forget all the big games for for argentina Messi has scored penalties. World cup semi, copa semi and final and copa quarters. Remember he also never waits to take the last glory ones that don't end up coming along

Last edited:

Givenchy

Did you see his assists in that tournament. The ones against Croatia and Wales were pure luck. Do you forget all the big games for for argentina Messi has scored penalties. World cup semi, copa semi and final and copa quarters. Remember he also never waits to take the last glory ones that don't end up coming along

don't bother, hes an obvious troll

Barcilliant

Messi's lack of intensity in the cl qf exits have been alarming. While he hasn't been helped by the team or managers in general he hasn't grabbed these games by the scruff of the neck. Too placid IMO.

Felipetonelo

What Barca need is a conversation with Antonella and their kids, and make a deal with them: Messi is only going home if he plays well in CL knockout games. His only option will be to run 90 minutes and scream at everyone to play better. We won't see a walking Messi anymore :lol: :lol:

wisconsincule

I can’t eeven criticize him. Yes Salah scores two amazing goals today and immediately gets compared to Messi. Must mean something when the gold standard is Messi. Man performs time and time again and then when someone else performs they are immediately compared to Messi. Living legend right here. LOVE YOU LEO!!!

BusiTheKing

Would've been nice with a semi-final if Messi had pulled something out of his ass in the game, but don't kid yourselves and think we wouldn't have been completely ridiculed by Liverpool which possibly would have been even harder to stomach.

Home of Barca Fans