10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Kerrybai

For Barcelona excluding CDR ( even if it is considered i don't think any of the penalty miss by Messi has led to barca getting knocked out) that we won 4 in this decade , which were the important Penalty's that Messi bottled ? .

vs Chelsea in 2012 and one vs sevilla in injury time , though i am not sure whether that would have made a difference in the end as we lost the league by more than 10 points . And he has converted all the classico pen's under immense pressure . Especially the two he scored in 2014 . it was a potential title deciding moment .

Including cup. Copa final, Chelsea , Sevilla 11/12 , valencia cup 11/12, Atletico 13/14 super cup ?? Man City away, bilbao 15/16 league opener, espanyol cup.

raki

He just has to send the ball to top corners. As simply as that.

He has 80% rate conversion. Cristiano is 84%. Not that different to be honest.

Still, Messi needs to improve penalty taking.

RMU ReBorn

Including cup. Copa final, Chelsea , Sevilla 11/12 , valencia cup 11/12, Atletico 13/14 super cup ?? Man City away, bilbao 15/16 league opener, espanyol cup.
How many of them lead to Barca getting knocked out . ? Nothing . in the season were he missed penalty vs Alves we went on to win CDR , we won Super cup beating ATM and we won against Bilbao away in 2015-16 . Man city away he assisted twice and was one of his best individual performance in UCL .

Kerrybai

How many of them lead to Barca getting knocked out . ? Nothing . in the season were he missed penalty vs Alves we went on to win CDR , we won Super cup beating ATM and we won against Bilbao away in 2015-16 . Man city away he assisted twice and was one of his best individual performance in UCL .

They are still pressure kicks as the games were on the line.

RMU ReBorn

They are still pressure kicks as the games were on the line.
kick vs city was a pressure one ? :lol: . we had two away goals and were about to score third :facepalm: . Cdr can be excluded , we win that for fun and has won 4 in last 8 years . Fact is Messi has netted in much tougher games ( Classico's , cl vs Arsenal , PSG and against Alves in injury time at Mestella ) . The kicks you mentioned weren't on a bigger occasion compared to this except for that Bilbao one which might have ended up costing us the league ,if it wasn't for Suarez's winner .

Kerrybai

kick vs city was a pressure one ? :lol: . we had two away goals and were about to score third :facepalm: . Cdr can be excluded , we win that for fun and has won 4 in last 8 years . Fact is Messi has netted in much tougher games ( Classico's , cl vs Arsenal , PSG and against Alves in injury time at Mestella ) . The kicks you mentioned weren't on a bigger occasion compared to this except for that Bilbao one which might have ended up costing us the league ,if it wasn't for Suarez's winner .

Of course a penalty at 2-1 in the first leg is a pressure kick...how is it not :lol: It would have sealed the tie.

So Arsenal is a pressure kick but City isnt... but dont we win against Arsenal for fun ? ;)

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Of course a penalty at 2-1 in the first leg is a pressure kick...how is it not :lol: It would have sealed the tie.

So Arsenal is a pressure kick but City isnt... but dont we win against Arsenal for fun ? ;)
we were behind in that Arsenal tie and untill xavi scored the winner after 70 minutes we were on our way out , unlike the city match were we scored two away goals with next leg at camp nou . it wasn't a pressure kick . No way

clemente

Last season Messi scored against Valencia that 95min pen and we won 2-1, he always scores important pens, this thread is painful to read.

we were behind in that Arsenal tie and untill xavi scored the winner after 70 minutes we were on our way out , unlike the city match were we scored two away goals with next leg at camp nou . it wasn't a pressure kick . No way

Are you a Messi fan or a Barca fan, I genuinely feel like you're the former.

RMU ReBorn

Are you a Messi fan or a Barca fan, I genuinely feel like you're the former.
I don't even care what you think of me . i have been following Barca even before Messi made his debut . Messi is my sporting idol . So yeah you can assume whatever you want . I have been in this forum for 3 years . Hardly anyone likes me here and i have been victim of personal attacks especially about my country . So i gotta live with such kinda biased views about me . This is no different .

I don't even care what you think of me . i have been following Barca even before Messi made his debut . Messi is my sporting idol . So yeah you can assume whatever you want . I have been in this forum for 3 years . Hardly anyone likes me here and i have been victim of personal attacks especially about my country . So i gotta live with such kinda biased views about me . This is no different .

I can understand why people wouldn't like your opinions, but have people really attacked you personally or your country?

Home of Barca Fans