10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Meatball

Can't believe people here actually think Messi has anything to do with those shady deals and tax cheating cases tbh. The guy doesn't even know how to speak English, doesn't own a collection of super cars, buy an island nor date with several super models despite his money and fame for god sake. Instead he went for an ugly ordinary looking girl who is his childhood sweetheart and has a normal life. All he cares about is playing football and his family. How can you guys doubt such a human being? :shakeshead:

The one at fault here is his agent, his father, a greedy one who s been taking care of those paper stuffs.

M

MessiCam

Genuine question...

Are you guys football fans or the moral high ground club?

Every single professional I’ve come across tries to minimise taxes. There’s something seriously wrong with you if you don’t.

I got in trouble with the tax authorities a few years ago too... Guess what? I don’t regret it and even now I consider every idea that could mean the government sees less of my hard earned money. It wouldn’t be different if I was wealthy either...

dakt

We can be hypocritical and shut our eyes on this one, while we were witch-hunting "Moneymar" for milking the club.
Messi is exceptional footballer no questions asked, but if this turns out to be the truth, as far as I care he can finish his career in PSG or City or any other club financially attached to arabs. The "everyone else is doing it" argument is childish and corrupted just as well.

What this club has done is that they spit in faces of all socios who don't have a clue what is going on, transactions and greed that can easily turn this club to ruins.

Again, if true, very, very disappointing.

MessiTHEgoat

Johan Cruyff: "Messi's tax case? Messi knows as much about taxes as I do: 0%. That's why we pay people for that, they should do their job."

serghei

We can be hypocritical and shut our eyes on this one, while we were witch-hunting "Moneymar" for milking the club.
Messi is exceptional footballer no questions asked, but if this turns out to be the truth, as far as I care he can finish his career in PSG or City or any other club financially attached to arabs. The "everyone else is doing it" argument is childish and corrupted just as well.

What this club has done is that they spit in faces of all socios who don't have a clue what is going on, transactions and greed that can easily turn this club to ruins.

Again, if true, very, very disappointing.

It's true. Reputable source, well documented material. No serious media would publish a complex article like that that without backing it up with facts and evidence.

Last edited:

Joan

Johan Cruyff: "Messi's tax case? Messi knows as much about taxes as I do: 0%. That's why we pay people for that, they should do their job."

That's probably true, but there's more important question:
Would Messi stay if he didn't make 100m per season?

Windhook

SPIEGEL: Lionel Messi's 100-Million-Euro Contract

SPIEGEL: Lionel Messi Paid around 12 Million Euros in Back Taxes

Further documents obtained by DER SPIEGEL provide insight into just how sought-after Messi has long been. They reveal that a lawyer representing Messi spoke with negotiators at Real Madrid in June 2013. In an email to Messi's father, the lawyer wrote that Real wanted to buy his son out of his contract with FC Barcelona for 250 million euros, the transfer fee for Messi at the time.

Messi's lawyer wrote to DER SPIEGEL that the publication of the content of confidential emails is unlawful. Real Madrid also wrote that the account was "totally false."

The Qatar Foundation has struck again!:lol:

Based on this "authentic" contract Messi is to receive 70 million euro a year. With all bonuses included he can earn up to 120m per annum. The fees in this contract are cosmic values and yet Messi didn't sign it. Greedy bastard!:messi:

Genuine question...

Are you guys football fans or the moral high ground club?

Every single professional I’ve come across tries to minimise taxes. There’s something seriously wrong with you if you don’t.

I got in trouble with the tax authorities a few years ago too... Guess what? I don’t regret it and even now I consider every idea that could mean the government sees less of my hard earned money. It wouldn’t be different if I was wealthy either...

Everybody tries to lower their taxes to their best of their abilities, sure, but once you start to break the law you run the risk of facing serious repercussions if you're not as rich or powerful as the likes of Messi and co.

I'm sorry I just cannot condone or justify people breaking the law however ridiculous you may think it is. If I were as rich as Messi I would probably do the same due to the simple fact that I would likely be overwhelmed with greed and power, but it still doesn't make it right whichever way you look at it.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Spiegel is being disingenuous with this article. They’re including the renewal bonus as well as loyalty bonus over the life of the contract.

His fixed annual income is €70 Million and some change which translates to roughly £582K per week which is not too far off the £500K widely reported which everybody here seemed to be content with.

The renewal and loyalty bonus are excessive I agree but what do you guys think Messi is worth?

€70 Million seems fair to me.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Hoping for a goal tomorrow, hes currently 4 off immobile for the Golden boot.

Cavani remains my favourite to win it.

FCBfan22

Messi is worth of the salary, but his mafia family isn't.

Dear Leo, please get a financial advisor and don't trust your father blindly.

M

MessiCam

Everybody tries to lower their taxes to their best of their abilities, sure, but once you start to break the law you run the risk of facing serious repercussions if you're not as rich or powerful as the likes of Messi and co.

I'm sorry I just cannot condone or justify people breaking the law however ridiculous you may think it is. If I were as rich as Messi I would probably do the same due to the simple fact that I would likely be overwhelmed with greed and power, but it still doesn't make it right whichever way you look at it.
And I agree, but the pitch forks are out as if some are privy to more information.

I couldn’t care less what the players do regarding their finances. I just watch football games.

FCBfan22

And I agree, but the pitch forks are out as if some are privy to more information.

I couldn’t care less what the players do regarding their finances. I just watch football games.

Well, we should care, because there is a potential prison sentance on the cards.

As long as Messi isn't in jail, all is good. I couldn't care less if his whole entourage is though.

Sure, but if we're not supposed to care about footballers private lives then we should stop glorifying them all the time as some sort of deity with godly powers and status, but rather just acknowledge them for their exceptional talent on the field.

Windhook

The only wrongdoing in this case is Leo, or his father most likely, insisting the club to compensate them for the 12 million back taxes. The rest of the investigation and article is surely hurtful for Messi's public image, but not illegal stuff. Expect to see some poor performances on the pitch by Leo the near future.

Home of Barca Fans