10 - Lionel Messi - v5

He'll renew the moment the board fucks off. Hope he doesn't back down from not renewing until then.

Also, if Messi leads this rebellion to victory against Farto and co, he should become captain and no one should ever question it.

Ripsta

Difficult one isn't it, the situation right now is so unique.

On one hand you've got possibly the greatest footballer of all time who is seen as a god at the Club for what he's done over the past decade. He's the difference right now to the side being poor and competitive, so no one in their right mind would want him to leave, but...

... on the other hand you've got a board who are running the Club into the ground, and this once in a lifetime player could potentially have the rest of his career ruined by the Club he helped have one of their best ever periods in its own history.

I wouldn't begrudge him moving on. It would take an almight fee to prize him away, but IMO he should be thinking about it. If this was Ronaldinho in his prime i'd be dead against it... but it's Messi. He deserves so much better.

dakt

Congrats Lio! God gave you well and you know it. Talent, great club, great history already and wonderful family.

booge

Just been watching a few 2011 compilations of the little man.

One thing I noticed was he is very much predictable these days. He keeps doing the same moves.

In the 2011 youtube vids, he does more "random" turns which makes him more harder to read. What's the word... More RAW if you know what I mean.

No doubt about it.

Horatio

You're welcome
Just been watching a few 2011 compilations of the little man.

One thing I noticed was he is very much predictable these days. He keeps doing the same moves.

In the 2011 youtube vids, he does more "random" turns which makes him more harder to read. What's the word... More RAW if you know what I mean.

No doubt about it.

We don't speak in any way or suggest that Messi is in decline here on Barcaforum.

Last edited:

dakt

I predicted his decline 2 seasons ago.....yep, I was wrong. He went crazy that season.
So I don't dare making any predictions about him, not until I see him on walking sticks or smoking and coming drunk to play the match.

Horatio

You're welcome
I predicted his decline 2 seasons ago.....yep, I was wrong. He went crazy that season.

If someone predicts something but it doesn't turn out to be true, can it still be considered a prediction?

Don't mind me. Just some philosophical musings.

dakt

If someone predicts something but it doesn't turn out to be true, can it still be considered a prediction?

Don't mind me. Just some philosophical musings.

I just ate a ton of pasta and you go philosophical on me. How dare you!?

booge

WTF, who said anything about decline LOL.

I mentioned more predictable these days. The same moves , runs, n the same old pass to the left hand player after cutting in and then running into the box following that pass and it ending up leading to nothing.

In the 2011 vids he is more random. This has nothing to do with physical declines, speed, acceleration.

It's to do with the decision making. His mind has got into a rut.

Home of Barca Fans