10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Altomonte

Both Iniesta and Messi are class acts. It will be hard to watch Barça without Iniesta but Coutinho seems to be an almost good enough replacement. Messi still is the one, he lifts the whole team.

xXKonan

tumblr_p7k5umIsWG1rjev45o1_1280.png

The Wanda is gorgeous.

DAMNit

Nice gesture from the team. I won't give the credit to Messi, rather to the values of this club
Lets stop with the pretenses, I have been a fan for well over 2 decades, and over time there has always been a DESIGNATED set piece/ spot kick taker.
Usually, the star of the team.... who happens to be Messi. So yes! Messi should have taken it but chose to give it to Coutinho, regardless of his goal target. Good thing he isn't Harry "I promised my daughter a goal" Kane....

Kerrybai

Just hope he isnt looking at the World Cup only now, he needs to lead us through the last 5 games for the Golden season. Theres a European Golden shoe to win too.

Ritchie

should have posed for the trophy along with Don for Ballon dor propaganda . But hey no... He is Messi :)

That was lost in Rome. Ronaldo already has that.

An unbeaten league season, domestic cup and respectable World Cup (Argentina won't win it) isn't a terrible year, but Ronaldo will overshadow him again.

booge

Overshadow. Has not overshadowed him for over 5 years.

Like the previous poster said. Every goal is celebrated like if a World Cup is won lol

Messi scores solo efforts left right centre and just walks around like if nothing happened.

Also again two wonderful assists. The one to Suarez was inch and weight perfect.

Gave penalty away and numerous times in the second half wanted to play players like Paulinho through to get a goal instead of going him self.

Ritchie

well this year CL and WC,two biggest competitions will be more valued than domestic league and cup for b'dor,so wouldn't say it's complete bullshit

He had to win at least one of them.

Domestic competition has become irrelevant in terms of Ballon D'or and general perception, particularly in a World Cup year with all the big leagues won early. It's all about CL and World Cup.

Last edited:

Pedro

La Masia
I'm going to predict that Ronaldo won't win the CL or World Cup this year. So no trophies for him, wait and see, while Messi will do La Liga Invincibles and Copa. If you saw against Juventus at home, Madrid were awful losing 3-0, and it should've gone to extra time without the lucky pen. If they play like that against Bayern they will get hammered.

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm going to predict that Ronaldo won't win the CL or World Cup this year. So no trophies for him, wait and see, while Messi will do La Liga Invincibles and Copa. If you saw against Juventus at home, Madrid were awful losing 3-0, and it should've gone to extra time without the lucky pen. If they play like that against Bayern they will get hammered.

I believe in you Pedro.

Home of Barca Fans